Bucerias

Rosefloater

We are thinking of taking the bus to Bucerias and have a few questions since we have never been there.

1. How much is the fare and do we catch the bus in front of Walmart and what do we look for in the front window? About how long is the ride?

2. Where is a good place to get off the bus in Bucerias?

3. Looking for a good Mexican restaurant and a Paleta/Helado store. Any suggestions?

TIA

Yes the bus leaves at the street in front of Walmart. It will say the destination on the windscreen and also usualy there is a man pointing out the right bus. Most likely the bus will continue to either Punta di Mita or Sayulita. Get off the stop at Bucerias Centro, cross the highway towards the ocean. Driving time will be around 45 minutes.

You will find various restaurants there, most of them right on the beach.

I am not sure about the right fare (I drive a car in Vallarta), but assume it will be around 30 Pesos per person per ride. Best is to bring Pesos. US$ are often accepted, but change will be in Pesos and the exchange rate is not in your favour.

Bucerias is picturesque and has a very small malacon area with minimal convenient improved retail shopping (all curios stands), yet would be a distant boring hot bus ride. For us it is better to rent a car in the cruise port for $50 and see lots more (grand nueva vallarta and the sea side area north of Bucerias, then back to WOW old town south of the cruise pier and its fantastic custom and varied shopping)

I'm traveling with Rosefloater.

Yes the bus leaves at the street in front of Walmart. It will say the destination on the windscreen and also usualy there is a man pointing out the right bus. Most likely the bus will continue to either Punta di Mita or Sayulita. Get off the stop at Bucerias Centro, cross the highway towards the ocean. Driving time will be around 45 minutes.

You will find various restaurants there, most of them right on the beach.

I am not sure about the right fare (I drive a car in Vallarta), but assume it will be around 30 Pesos per person per ride. Best is to bring Pesos. US$ are often accepted, but change will be in Pesos and the exchange rate is not in your favour.

Thank you for the info. We've been saving pesos all year long.

Bucerias is picturesque and has a very small malacon area with minimal convenient improved retail shopping (all curios stands), yet would be a distant boring hot bus ride. For us it is better to rent a car in the cruise port for $50 and see lots more (grand nueva vallarta and the sea side area north of Bucerias, then back to WOW old town south of the cruise pier and its fantastic custom and varied shopping)

None of us feel up to driving in Mexico. We like seeing places that aren't built up for American tourists, bus rides included.:)

Edited by SadieN

Well, these days Bucerias has become another tourist-populated resort town. We enjoy going up there a couple of times a year, but be prepared for plenty of Americans/Canadians and restaurants with menus in English :).

Hank

Well, these days Bucerias has become another tourist-populated resort town. We enjoy going up there a couple of times a year, but be prepared for plenty of Americans/Canadians and restaurants with menus in English :).

Hank

Don't mind English menus. Want to go somewhere different. Seen the Malecon and the old town in PV many times.

We actually love Bucerias (where is the Malecon there through? It's been a year since we were there, I remember the great wrap around market full of stands).

Shopping we have always found the prices better for gifts, Retinal-A, Gericaman (this amazing bug bite after-care, and most tequila's and Kaluha's)

Many a beach front restaurant (we really like Karen's Place).

We haven't bused there for about 2 years but think we paid about 25 pesos each way so 30 pesos now sounds right :)

I personally think it would make a great cruise day stop, especially if you have experianced PV a few times.