Check in time

cfr70

My boarding pass says "Arrival Appointment" 11:00am-11:30am. (Pt. Canaveral). I know it's check in time and NOT boarding the ship time. Does this time window mean that I HAVE to adhere to it and if I arrive say noon, i'll be told to go to the back of the general line? Just want to be sure how it works.

If I have to be there within the window i'll make it a point to do so. Also, from my understanding 11am is the earliest check in group after the Plats, Diamond, Suites, weddings & FTTF board and should be on ship soon after?

That's the earliest you can get there. Later than that is no problem. Diamonds/Platinums/FTTF/Suites still select a check in time just like anyone else except they can arrive as early as the first one which would be 11AM. Boarding will commence in order of Status when the ship is ready and the earlier you get there the lower number you will have for boarding.

I see. I thought if I arrived at noon i'd have to get behind the passengers that would be in line with a 12:00 to 12:30 window because my time window had closed. I would still bypass that line and go straight to check in? Sorry if it's a dumb question. It's just a little confusing.

I see. I thought if I arrived at noon i'd have to get behind the passengers that would be in line with a 12:00 to 12:30 window because my time window had closed. I would still bypass that line and go straight to check in? Sorry if it's a dumb question. It's just a little confusing.

You should be able to go right in as they will be taking the current check in passengers as well as earlier ones. People who arrive before their time will be waiting outside. I would ask the person outside checking the boarding passes whether you have to go to the end of the line or not. I haven't had that experience as I've always had a separate entrance with FTTF/being Platinum.

When we checked in (Galveston) we were assigned a zone (non status) and boarded when that zone was called. I don't know if you are assigned the same zone if you arrive later than your scheduled time though. I will say the boarding process for our August cruise was fantastic. By the time we got to our seats in the "zone" we were called to board in about 10 minutes. In February we waited a good while but that was our first cruise and we got there early ;) for the August cruise we slept in and had a check in time of 12:00.

You should be able to go right in as they will be taking the current check in passengers as well as earlier ones. People who arrive before their time will be waiting outside. I would ask the person outside checking the boarding passes whether you have to go to the end of the line or not. I haven't had that experience as I've always had a separate entrance with FTTF/being Platinum.

Thanks for the info. It helps to know all this in advance in case I arrive later than expected, but I will try to be checked out of the hotel and at the port by 11am. We all know life happens and knocks schedules out the window so I feel it's always best to be prepared anyway just in case. The less confusion on embarkation day the better :)

When we checked in (Galveston) we were assigned a zone (non status) and boarded when that zone was called. I don't know if you are assigned the same zone if you arrive later than your scheduled time though. I will say the boarding process for our August cruise was fantastic. By the time we got to our seats in the "zone" we were called to board in about 10 minutes. In February we waited a good while but that was our first cruise and we got there early ;) for the August cruise we slept in and had a check in time of 12:00.

Thanks for sharing that info. I'm thinking of long twisty lines wrapping around the building lol, but it's actually zones being called, so it may be that if I get there at noon and they're calling that specific 12:00-12:30 zone, they may just say to go and join that herd and be seated with them.

My last cruise was Sensation back in '14 at Pt. Canaveral, and it was long twisty lines that spilled out of the building. I think they way they do it now eliminates that.

Thanks for sharing that info. I'm thinking of long twisty lines wrapping around the building lol, but it's actually zones being called, so it may be that if I get there at noon and they're calling that specific 12:00-12:30 zone, they may just say to go and join that herd and be seated with them.

My last cruise was Sensation back in '14 at Pt. Canaveral, and it was long twisty lines that spilled out of the building. I think they way they do it now eliminates that.

That's not how zones work, zones are not assigned by your arrival appointment but rather when you finish a certain "milestone" of the physical check-in process at the terminal.

When you finish your security walk through you will be sent to the physical check-in line. Some ports on your way to the counter hand you a laminated paper with a zone # on it, but only if boarding has yet to occur or has not caught up with the guests already waiting. At other ports you get your zone # when you finish with the check-in clerk. A few ports still do it the old fashion way you are directed to a certain set of seats and port personnel "dismiss" you for boarding aisle by aisle.

That's not how zones work, zones are not assigned by your arrival appointment but rather when you finish a certain "milestone" of the physical check-in process at the terminal.

When you finish your security walk through you will be sent to the physical check-in line. Some ports on your way to the counter hand you a laminated paper with a zone # on it, but only if boarding has yet to occur or has not caught up with the guests already waiting. At other ports you get your zone # when you finish with the check-in clerk. A few ports still do it the old fashion way you are directed to a certain set of seats and port personnel "dismiss" you for boarding aisle by aisle.

Thanks for clarifying. After learning this, I think i'll make it a point to get to the port at either 11am on the dot, or after 2pm to hopefully avoid all of that.

With ships that have your S&S cards in the mailboxes, the first line before security is the only line you check in at. If I remember right, they were writing zone numbers on boarding passes instead of handing out cards on Vista.

In galveston zone cards are handed to you on your way to passport check in. There are approximately 25 zone cards per zone with one zone card per cabin.

Priority guests receive a blank zone card, it has the same information as the rest but with no zone.

The later you arrive, the higher the zone number you will receive. Some days open boarding begins at zone 12, other times zone 32.....

With keys onboard it's a much faster check in, time in the terminal is much less than it was....

My boarding pass says "Arrival Appointment" 11:00am-11:30am. (Pt. Canaveral). I know it's check in time and NOT boarding the ship time. Does this time window mean that I HAVE to adhere to it and if I arrive say noon, i'll be told to go to the back of the general line? Just want to be sure how it works.

If I have to be there within the window i'll make it a point to do so. Also, from my understanding 11am is the earliest check in group after the Plats, Diamond, Suites, weddings & FTTF board and should be on ship soon after?

Late is fine but early is a no no.

• 2 months later...

We are new to Carnival's arrival appointment system. We are booked in an inside room and wondered if our appointment will be later in the afternoon. We usually like to get on the ship as early as possible (without FTTF) and relax. We are usually at the port sometime around 11:30. Can someone in an inside cabin with a departure time time of 4pm tell me their boarding time. (Just a Red card holder) Thanks

You cabin category has no bearing on your 'appointment time'. When completing you online checkin, you choose your 'appointment time'. The early bird gets to choose the earliest time. If you don't choose, they will assign you a time. Only suites get priority boarding, along with the higher loyalty levels. EM

This is so true- our last cruise lots of people far behind us in the line got an earlier Zone card, just by luck of the draw when they went into the check-in area... only 1-2 zones higher, so no big deal. But it happens.

Later is fine , early is not.

I am on Triumph out of New Orleans. I did complete my online check in but did not get the option. Is it not being used by all ships yet? I cannot print my boarding pass as I have to finish paying is it on the boarding pass?

thanks

The time frame prior to your departure date to pick your Arrival Appointment, varies by Port, Ship, and itinerary. The option can be available in Manage My Cruise anywhere from 90 to 270 days before embarkation day.

An itinerary like a Journeys where more Platinum+ passengers are expected might have that portion of the online check-in process delayed until only 3-4 months before sailing. While the same ship leaving from the same port w/ a almost sold out a year in advance holiday sailing might post the option 9 months before sailing.

The best thing to do is to join as many online social media roll calls for your sailing and set the alerts for notification of updates. Many times a member will post as soon as the Arrival Appointment sign-ups are an option. You can also check weekly or daily at your Cruise Manager.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app