Back to Back Cruise question

angie366

Hi there,

I am booked on back to back cruises in the Baltic next year on Regal Princess. The port where we finish one cruise and commence the next is Copenhagen. We are booked into the same cabin for both cruises.

My query is will we be required to formally disembark and then check-in again. I'm wondering whether this will be a waste of a day with formalities or whether we will be able to plan a full day touring.

I did ask Princess here in Australia but they couldn't say what the process will be in a European port.

Cheers

Angela

In the US you have to get off to zero the ship count. Not necessarily done in Europe. Since you are in the same cabin you won't have to do any packing. If you were changing cabins you would pack anything not on a hanger and the stewards would move you. Your room key might be valid for both cruises. If not, they will give you a new one a day or so before the second cruise. Usually they have a meeting to tell you what B2B procedures will be.

Even if they require you to get off you have two choices. First, you can get off and reboard with the group. This happens after all the other passengers get off but before the new passengers get onboard. Second, you can get off any time during disembarkation and do what you want (I recommend the Copenhagen Card since it includes a lot of museum entries and almost all area transportation, including the harbor HOHO boats). Then you can get back on any time after new passengers start to board.

They may offer tours for B2B people, but Copenhagen is an easy place to get around in.

You will be able to enjoy the day. Just get off early and be sure to be back before all aboard time.

I've done B2Bs in Europe and in the US, and even those on the same line varied from year to year despite being at the same port. The easiest was in Barcelona where all we had to do was to go the guest services and pick up our new card. The following year on the same line we were required to get off the ship and wait in the terminal for 2 hours (or we could have gone into town for the day.) We have ALWAYS had the option to leave for the day. The general rule is that if you leave the terminal area, you cannot reboard the ship until boarding of new guests is ready to begin--then you are at the front of that group. If you stay in the terminal area, you sometimes are allowed to reboard even before they open the terminal to new guests.

The other thing that has been constant is that we've always gotten a letter stating the policies and out choices on the day before the turn around day.

Hi there,

I am booked on back to back cruises in the Baltic next year on Regal Princess. The port where we finish one cruise and commence the next is Copenhagen. We are booked into the same cabin for both cruises.

My query is will we be required to formally disembark and then check-in again. I'm wondering whether this will be a waste of a day with formalities or whether we will be able to plan a full day touring.

I did ask Princess here in Australia but they couldn't say what the process will be in a European port.

Cheers

Angela

No special procedures. Just walk off and on. There is a security check when reboading.

Assuming next year is the same as this year, Regal has three different embarkation ports (Copenhagen, Warnemunde, and St. Petersburg). So there will be passengers for whom Copenhagen is just a port call so no everyone must get off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk