Just off Anthem

motif

When did the online booking for restaurant and show reservations opened up for you?

Specialty restaurants - any special offers for day 1 or 2?

Did you pre-book shows / restaurant times or waited until you boarded the ship?

What room type / number were you in - how did you like it

What was your favorite part of the ship

What didn't you like, if anything

Do you have any photos to share? Compasses?

Thanks

Edited by jonj

Wow, I'm on in October very much looking forward to it.

Can you tell me;

Favourite place for Dinner, lunch and Breakfast.

Quite spaces on sea days - was this a problem

Solarium - did they stick to the adult only rule

Many Thanks :)

Yipeeeee

What type of cabin did you have?

Did you have the drink package?

What were your favorite eateries?

:):):)

Hi,

We had a 'superior' balcony stateroom (D3) on deck 6, port side, number 6246. It was near the forward lift (elevator) lobby which was handy and we didn't notice any noise. Many of the deck 6 staterooms have partially obscured views due to the lifeboat supports, but ours didn't. We also used the sofa bed as beds 3&4 for the kids. The only gripe about that was with the sofa as a bed, it was tight getting to the balcony as there was hardly any gap between the units and the bed.

The kids had the soda package which they didn't use that much but was convenient to have.

For the evening meals, we only ate in the 4 comp. restaurants. I thought the food was good. Service was good, but I think that more wait staff are needed as the ones that were there seemed to be always rushing around. Me and my wife's favourite was Silk, my kids liked American Icon and Chic, but I couldn't find fault with any of them. Even the Windjammer, which sometimes gets a bad rap, was good for lunch. American Icon was good for breakfast.

Good :D

:)

Hi,

We had a 'superior' balcony stateroom (D3) on deck 6, port side, number 6246. It was near the forward lift (elevator) lobby which was handy and we didn't notice any noise. Many of the deck 6 staterooms have partially obscured views due to the lifeboat supports, but ours didn't. We also used the sofa bed as beds 3&4 for the kids. The only gripe about that was with the sofa as a bed, it was tight getting to the balcony as there was hardly any gap between the units and the bed.

The kids had the soda package which they didn't use that much but was convenient to have.

For the evening meals, we only ate in the 4 comp. restaurants. I thought the food was good. Service was good, but I think that more wait staff are needed as the ones that were there seemed to be always rushing around. Me and my wife's favourite was Silk, my kids liked American Icon and Chic, but I couldn't find fault with any of them. Even the Windjammer, which sometimes gets a bad rap, was good for lunch. American Icon was good for breakfast.

Good :D

Wonderful.....THANK YOU soooo much:):):)

I noticed you've been on the "Indy", have you been on the oasis/allure? Which did you like better and why?

I have been on both the Allure and Oasis. The most amazing ships IMO. Nothing compares to them.:o ....maybe the Anthem will out do them..but from everything I read, I highly doubt it.

When did the online booking for restaurant and show reservations opened up for you?

Specialty restaurants - any special offers for day 1 or 2?

Did you pre-book shows / restaurant times or waited until you boarded the ship?

What room type / number were you in - how did you like it

What was your favorite part of the ship

What didn't you like, if anything

Do you have any photos to share? Compasses?

Thanks

Hi, sorry for the wait!

We were able to book shows in mid April, so about 3.5 months before sailing. I can't remember when the restaurants were available, but I think it may have been before this.

Speciality restaurants - I've had a quick look through Cruise Compasses 1&2 and can't see any offers. That doesn't mean there weren't any, of course!

We pre-booked the shows, but were able to change reservations on board. I just called up Guest Services and they were able to switch us.

My favourite part of the ship was Two70. A nice place to hang out in the daytime. The food is nearby and high quality, the view is amazing. At night it is something else. Also, at the sides of the balcony upstairs there is the library and the workshop. Nice and quiet. We're not really sun worshippers so didn't bother with the sun decks during the day, but we did use the pools in the evenings when it was a bit quieter.

I have photos and all the cruise compasses (I think), but it might be a while before I can get them uploaded (sorry, I have no scanner).

I noticed you've been on the "Indy", have you been on the oasis/allure? Which did you like better and why?

Hi,

I've only been on Oasis for a day visit when it called into Southampton after her refit last year. It's certainly an impressive ship, but I don't think I'm in any position for comparisons.

We've always loved Indy and were a bit unsure about Anthem. I really prefer the look of Indy to Anthem, but came away loving Anthem. The wifi is definitely a selling point - much bragging on social media. When I moaned on Twitter about the Royal IQ app not working one day, I had a nice phone call from the head of IT to apologise and make sure that everything was ok. :cool:

At the moment, I have no preference between Anthem and Indy. Ask me again this time next year when I'm just off Indy! Sorry! :D

Thank you, Motif, for taking the time to answer questions. Much appreciated.

I have 2, pls.

1) Small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc., or just one dispenser?

2) The Solarium pool -- is it rectangular (I mean, can I get 3-4 laps in it from one end to another ?) :confused:

thanks, Dani

I have photos and all the cruise compasses (I think), but it might be a while before I can get them uploaded (sorry, I have no scanner).

I use an app called "docscan". Makes a PDF and very easy to use. I used it on the ship daily to add to the file of cruise compasses and then emailed it to myself when I got home so that I could upload it. WAY EASIER THAN A SCANNER!!

I use an app called "docscan". Makes a PDF and very easy to use. I used it on the ship daily to add to the file of cruise compasses and then emailed it to myself when I got home so that I could upload it. WAY EASIER THAN A SCANNER!!

Wow, great tip. I am going to check that out right now.

Thanks!

Wow, I'm on in October very much looking forward to it.

Can you tell me;

Favourite place for Dinner, lunch and Breakfast.

Quite spaces on sea days - was this a problem

Solarium - did they stick to the adult only rule

Many Thanks :)

We only ate dinner in the 4 complimentary restaurants. My personal favourite was Silk, but I thought they were all of a decent quality. Two70 has great beef rolls for lunch, and American Icon was decent enough for breakfast.

On sea days, the sun decks get quite packed as you can imagine, but as we are not sun worshippers this was not a problem for us. We had our own balcony so if we wanted a nice, quiet lounge in the sun, that's where we went. Inside the ship, we were able to find lots of places to go. Bionic Bar, Schooner Bar, Two70, etc etc.

We didn't hear of any issues with kids in the Solarium. We took our kids in to have a look at the view one evening and made sure they were well behaved. By that time of day, it was very quiet and no-one batted an eyelid at 2 well-behaved polite children (13 and 15). :)

Thank you, Motif, for taking the time to answer questions. Much appreciated.

I have 2, pls.

1) Small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc., or just one dispenser?

2) The Solarium pool -- is it rectangular (I mean, can I get 3-4 laps in it from one end to another ?) :confused:

thanks, Dani

There were little individual bottles / tubes of toiletry things and a tablet of soap, all supplied by the Stateroom Attendant and refreshed each day.

The solarium pools were not the type of pool to do laps in. More for relaxing and lounging around, sipping cocktails. :D If you want to get some swimming in you'll need to go to the outdoor or indoor pools [forward to aft: solarium, indoor pool, outdoor pool, H2O Zone]

Sounds good! Wish I'd heard about it earlier :D

The solarium pools were not the type of pool to do laps in. If you want to get some swimming in you'll need to go to the outdoor or indoor pools [forward to aft: solarium, indoor pool, outdoor pool, H2O Zone]

Many thanks.

As long as there is an indoor pool, I'm good to go (sorry, swim).:)

We only ate dinner in the 4 complimentary restaurants. My personal favourite was Silk, but I thought they were all of a decent quality. Two70 has great beef rolls for lunch, and American Icon was decent enough for breakfast.

On sea days, the sun decks get quite packed as you can imagine, but as we are not sun worshippers this was not a problem for us. We had our own balcony so if we wanted a nice, quiet lounge in the sun, that's where we went. Inside the ship, we were able to find lots of places to go. Bionic Bar, Schooner Bar, Two70, etc etc.

We didn't hear of any issues with kids in the Solarium. We took our kids in to have a look at the view one evening and made sure they were well behaved. By that time of day, it was very quiet and no-one batted an eyelid at 2 well-behaved polite children (13 and 15). :)

Thank you for taking time to reply. Nice to hear some positive comments about Anthem I was getting worried

We 'did' North Star when we were in port in Gibraltar. We went later on in the day, after our Mediterranean Steps excursion and a short duty-free shopping visit. There was quite a queue when we were there, but I have seen other times with a shorter line. I think the ride is about 10 minutes and there is room for (I think) 14 at a time. I would estimate that we waited about 30 minutes in line. It didn't go out over the side of the ship, probably because we were in port. I did see it go out over the side one sea day.

They did host Quest in SeaPlex. I think it was day 12, but I can't find that Cruise Compass at the moment to confirm. :eek: