Free upgrade to Oceanview from Inside- Good?

Tradman

I called to see what perks may be available on Independance of the Seas 5 night coming up and the lady offered me a complimentary upgrade from Inside to a Guarantee Ocean View. She said it would be either deck 2, 3, or fwd 6, 7, 9, 10 but MOST were on 2 and 3. We are currently booked into a mid-ship inside room on deck 7.

This will be the first time our girls age 4 and 8 will cruise. We'd like the slightly more room but I've never done a guarantee before.

Thoughts?

I would take a window over an inside cabin ANY DAY! ANY location, IMO! If you are assigned a location you absolutely HATE, you can call RCI and see if there is another cabin OF THE SAME CATEGORY that they can move you to.....they are good about that!

The size difference on this ship is minimal, but having some natural light is priceless!

What is your assigned inside cabin number? I am a big fan of inside cabins on deck 7 aft and would not consider a move to an OV on deck 2 or 3 to be an upgrade, but that's just me. Last year on Jewel RCL gave me a gratuitous "upgrade" from an inside to an OV on deck 3, which in my case meant giving up an oversized inside for a smaller OV. Fortunately I got my original cabin back.

Sorry it took so long to reply- I set it up to send me instant email notification when a reply was made but I did not get one.

Anyway, we are set up for 7667 right now, which looks to be a pretty good central location. Of the two cruises we took before, we loved inside because it's DARK and allows us to sleep well when the sun comes up and we have no plans.

However that being said, because there are me and my wife and a 4 and 8 year-old, the possibility of the outside room being bigger with a sofa couch is enticing. However, being a guarantee, the rep at RCCL could not say what it would be.

I called to see what perks may be available on Independance of the Seas 5 night coming up and the lady offered me a complimentary upgrade from Inside to a Guarantee Ocean View. She said it would be either deck 2, 3, or fwd 6, 7, 9, 10 but MOST were on 2 and 3. We are currently booked into a mid-ship inside room on deck 7.

This will be the first time our girls age 4 and 8 will cruise. We'd like the slightly more room but I've never done a guarantee before.

Thoughts?

Don't hesitate.. Take it!!