All-in-One Europe Converter/Adapter?

I am searching on Amazon (and will probably find something) but can anybody otherwise recommend an all-in-one, convenient, non-bulky, inexpensive and fair-enough quality voltage converter (120v/240v) and adapter plug(s) combination that we might use in our Barcelona, Spain and Istanbul, Turkey, hotel rooms at the beginning/end (resp.) of our upcoming cruise?

Frankly, I'm not even sure if my standard Norelco electric razor needs a converter (it will need an adapter) but probably my smartphone/Ipad/Ipod/Iwhatever will (not sure what the fair sex is bringing...).

The device will state it's necessary voltage, look n the device itself or the plug. Something like 110v-240v. If it looks like that the all your need is an adapter.

DD lives in Rome and only one curling iron is only 110v. For that she had to purchase a converter. She found one, in Rome, in her local electric (not hardware) store.

Our Apple plugs (computers and wall warts) are dual voltage, only need an adapter.

European outlets are interesting. Sometimes you need an adapter going two-pin to two-pin. These can be purchased for about €1 in any hardware or electric store.

Edited by SadieN

Thanks Sadie.

I'm still hoping however, that somebody could recommend an all-in-one, convenient, non-bulky, inexpensive converter/adapter combination, specifically. Perhaps a link to the one you actually bought (or full name of the product)...?

Dear Chunder, I used to haul around a small transformer to step the voltage down. Then I looked at my razor and discovered it was dual voltage.

Most chargers now are dual voltage. The hotels normally have a hair dryer in the room.

All you should need is the small flat pin to round pin adapter.

31pqsHKp0TL._AA160_.jpg

Edited by Talisker92

Thanks Sadie.

I'm still hoping however, that somebody could recommend an all-in-one, convenient, non-bulky, inexpensive converter/adapter combination, specifically. Perhaps a link to the one you actually bought (or full name of the product)...?

Samsonite all in one - power transformer with adaptor plugs available at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $18. Has adaptors for round prong, angled prong, three prong sockets, etc. so the transformer can be plugged in to virtually any 240 volt system and then you can plug in your 120 volt device. Works pretty much anywhere and is pretty compact.

A good converter is normally expensive and can be somewhat heavy, and often things with motors don't run well due to a variation in hertz supplied. You would probably spend less buying a new razor that accepts 110 - 240v than buying a voltage converter.

Amazon sells many good universal adapters, so finding one of those should not be a problem.

Samsonite all in one - power transformer with adaptor plugs available at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $18. Has adaptors for round prong, angled prong, three prong sockets, etc. so the transformer can be plugged in to virtually any 240 volt system and then you can plug in your 120 volt device. Works pretty much anywhere and is pretty compact.

Oh, I'll have to check these out! Obviously things have moved on since the last time I looked at converters.

Thanks guys. I'm sure my razor is dual voltage; but for my small electronics I actually just did purchase this:

http://www.amazon.com/Simran-200-Converter-International-Blackberry/dp/B000W9DJ1Q/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1432661094&sr=8-7&keywords=travel+adapter+converter

It should be all we need (well, my DFF has a dual-voltage hair dryer but she'll need a cheap adapter plug; it won't work with the above item).

All my chargers, for phones (both Android & Apple), Ipad, camera, razor, Samsung tablet and DJI Phantom will be able to use both 110V 60Hz and 230V 50Hz. All I need is a adaptor when I go to the U.S.

Look at the fine print on your charging cord. You will find all of your electronics from the past 20 or so years, maybe more...are dual voltage. All you will need is the plug adaptor shown in post #4. EM

If you do need a converter make sure the wattage rating is correct.

Can ruin your appliance, the converter and/or the wires if the wattage is too low on your converter.

Edited by SadieN