It really pays to stay on top of your booking. Suite life here we come!

GrabMyWrist

We're planning on visiting Texas for Thanksgiving. On a whim, I booked an aft balcony for a Western Caribbean cruise, leaving from Houston the week prior.

This afternoon, I was researching a possible upgrade to a mini suite. While looking, I happened across an aft penthouse that was not available during my original booking.

I called NCL and they secured the suite for us! I couldn't believe it was actually available.

party.gif

We sailed on the Jewel in an AFT facing Mini-Suite and it was unbelievable. No wonder the AFT facing cabins sell out first. You will have an amazing view. The Mini-Suite was terrific, I can only imagine how the Penthouse will be. Enjoy!

We're planning on visiting Texas for Thanksgiving. On a whim, I booked an aft balcony for a Western Caribbean cruise, leaving from Houston the week prior.

This afternoon, I was researching a possible upgrade to a mini suite. While looking, I happened across an aft penthouse that was not available during my original booking.

I called NCL and they secured the suite for us! I couldn't believe it was actually available.

party.gif

Keep an eye on those prices for the Haven level suites as well. Last year we were able to move for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE from our Pearl aft suite to a 2 BR Haven the week after Thanksgiving. We kept "fishing" on a daily basis and saw the higher end suites fall in price and remain unbooked. When the prices crashed a few weeks before sailing we called our PCC and he took great care of us! We also did not lose our OBC. Win/Win for us and NCL as we now will strongly consider paying the additional cost for the Haven vs. our usual Aft Suite.

Wow is how I can sum up our experience, as the Haven was perfect for us on this cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed using the space poolside and on the sundeck above. So....keep watching for falling prices and cancelations. You may be handsomely rewarded for your diligence!:D However, we love, love, love spending time on the aft balcony as there is no better view while relaxing in your lounger, enjoying a cold beverage or a hot cup of coffee and watching the hypnotizing wake of the ocean. We certainly understand your utter joy of getting this wonderful suite. ENJOY and CELBRATE:D

Thanks everyone. We're completely looking forward to an aft suite. That said, I will most assuredly keep looking for a bump up to the Haven, if possible.

We're booked in October of 2015 as well. I purposely booked a 2BR Suite as it was cheaper than two cabins. I'll be doing the same for that booking.

Just curious... I noticed many people on this site cruise often and a lot of them stay in suites. Is there a trick to getting a good deal on a suite or is it that people just have extra disposable income to book suites. I would love to upgrade to suite but feel like it's soo much money. Especially since they charge you per person (which is usually like over $1000 per person) and not per suite.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Just curious... I noticed many people on this site cruise often and a lot of them stay in suites. Is there a trick to getting a good deal on a suite or is it that people just have extra disposable income to book suites. I would love to upgrade to suite but feel like it's soo much money. Especially since they charge you per person (which is usually like over $1000 per person) and not per suite.

We book as far out as we can then monitor the prices on a regular basis. Prices can wildly fluctuate so you need to keep a watch on them. Sometimes you can get really good deal. Also, the Upsale Fairy may give you a call a week or so before your cruise with the chance to upgrade to a suite. Realcindylouwho is my much better half and watched the prices for the Haven for our cruise last year and got us that incredible deal she posted about above.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

the trick is to keep watching and call to upgrade your booking when you see a deal. we started in an inside, went to a balcony and ended up in a Spa Suite for $600 more per person but gained $400 OBC for a net cost increase of $400 per person over the ORIGINAL price of the inside. Factor in the fact that we were going to buy Spa Passes when we had the inside that are now included and the actual increase is only $200 more per person... :)

this is our first Suite. We may never find a deal this good again but definitely worth doing at this time!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Medtech2

party.gif

Is this the 11/15 sailing? If so, check out the roll call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43552506#post43552506

We'll be in an aft penthouse too but on deck 8 as we needed two next to each other - one for us, one for a DD/SIL. Another DD/SIL will be in an aft balcony one cabin away from us. We loved the cabin and location on the Pearl so we're happy!

Is this the 11/15 sailing? If so, check out the roll call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43552506#post43552506

We'll be in an aft penthouse too but on deck 8 as we needed two next to each other - one for us, one for a DD/SIL. Another DD/SIL will be in an aft balcony one cabin away from us. We loved the cabin and location on the Pearl so we're happy!

Yes it is. Not really sure the DW will want to do the Roll Call. Will ask and post in the Roll Call if she does.

Believe it or not, I managed to score the coveted deck 10 in Suite 10664.

Hey, that's OUR suite! We like the location, just around the corner from the long forward/aft hallway. Very quiet. Best thing about an aft Penthouse (besides being aft) is the layout. Really love that the closet is accessed by both the hallway coming into the suite and the dressing area on the other side, just outside the bathroom door. No jostling for space when DH and I are getting dressed at the same time.

Our next time in YOUR cabin will be December, after the Gem comes back from being refurbished. Can't wait:)

Once you stay in The Haven, it is hard to go back ;). First time was in a spa suite. Next time will be in an owners suite ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I actually looked at booking the OS. I really want to have an aft experience though. We've always sailed balconies or mini suites on the starboard side.

I think I'll save the Haven experience for our 20th Anniversary. My goal is to have enough saved for a Garden Villa! Three years away, so it shouldn't be too tough.

Hey, that's OUR suite! We like the location, just around the corner from the long forward/aft hallway. Very quiet. Best thing about an aft Penthouse (besides being aft) is the layout. Really love that the closet is accessed by both the hallway coming into the suite and the dressing area on the other side, just outside the bathroom door. No jostling for space when DH and I are getting dressed at the same time.

Our next time in YOUR cabin will be December, after the Gem comes back from being refurbished. Can't wait:)

I'll be sure to take care of it for you. :)

Suites prices just dropped today! Just saved another $300.00 on my suite and kept my $300.00 OBC!!!

So glad for you! Love your avatar and wish I knew what your screen name means!!

Have a great cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So glad for you! Love your avatar and wish I knew what your screen name means!!

Have a great cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

My screen name is a play on my martial arts background. If you want to know how to defend against an attack just grab my wrist. :D

Edited by GrabMyWrist