Favorite Cruise?

Mermen

I wasn't even thinking about Concordia....I base my opinion on Costa because of our cruise on one of their US based ships.

I never heard anything really favorable about Costa, whether before or after Concordia. I guess just a really "generic" line.

I never heard anything really favorable about Costa, whether before or after Concordia. I guess just a really "generic" line.

We've sailed Costa a couple of times. The food was good, the ships a little like Carnival, the staff low keyed and everything average. There is very few ships in the US.

I've always wondered about that cruise line. The only pictures I've looked at were of the Concordia before her untimely demise. The pics looked nice but wondered about the service level. Would like to try MSC maybe in the future...

The whole Costa experience was very "eh". The food ranged from just ok to pretty terrible...and I'm a fat guy who is pretty eady to please. The worst was the MDR Cream of Mushroom soup one night. It looked like and had the consistancy of dirty grey dishwater....and had no flavor. If it gives you any idea of my opinion, my CC review is entitled, "at least they have two happy hours a day" which is truly the only thing good I can say about them.

I've always wondered about that cruise line. The only pictures I've looked at were of the Concordia before her untimely demise. The pics looked nice but wondered about the service level. Would like to try MSC maybe in the future...

Most of their cruises are in the Med.

• 2 weeks later...

Epirotiki cruise line the ship was the Pegasus and we sailed for 28 days from Athens to Rio back in the fall of 1987. By far the best cruise ever. Nothing ship but fabulous interesting people and ports and the amazingly beautifully calm south Atlantic. I miss the old days. Smaller more intimate ships that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

This is an interesting thread. I enjoy living vicariously through everyone else's cruises!

I can't say that I have a favorite cruise.....favorite cruise ship, yes....favorite ports, yet....but I enjoy each cruise that I am on. Each cruise is equally exciting for me. We have been on a cruise with no other gays on board and we have been on cruises with large FOD gatherings. Either way, we really enjoy ourselves and visiting the different destinations. We don't care for sea days, so we usually go for cruises that have a lot of ports. Personally, I could cruise the Mediterranean for all of my trips and be perfectly happy. Next up is planning our 40th birthday cruises for 2015 and 2017 =)

Michael & Omar

Most memorable cruise obviously - hands down - goes to our journey on the QE2's final westbound transatlantic crossing back in 2008 - in tandem with the QM2 sailing beside us. Made some good friends and the fact we lived a bit of history in the making makes this a journey we simply cannot repeat ever again in our lives.

Second favourite was our London to Reykjavik cruise on the Silver Cloud last year. Doing the Hot Rocks dinner on deck just under the Arctic Circle in July was an amazing experience.

Favorite was Buenos Aires 'round the horn to Valpariso on Norwegian Sun.

Similar for me, but in the opposite direction - a month on the Star Princess from San Francisco to Buenos Aires. An amazing blend of natural splendor, great wildlife viewing, and cultural stuff, climaxed by independent travel to Iguazu Falls.

Not my favorite ship or staff, but certainly my favorite itinerary.

Similar for me, but in the opposite direction - a month on the Star Princess from San Francisco to Buenos Aires. An amazing blend of natural splendor, great wildlife viewing, and cultural stuff, climaxed by independent travel to Iguazu Falls.

Not my favorite ship or staff, but certainly my favorite itinerary.

That sounds amazing...a month cruise from our City to Buenos Aires! On the bucket list.

We've done many cruises - trans-Atlantic, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Greek Islands, Cali/Mexico - but I think the one we enjoyed the most was on Oceania in the Baltic (during the summer, of course). The itinerary was great (despite a couple of obscure islands that have since been eliminated) and we were active every day but not so much that we were tired at the end of each day. Lots of unique, cultural aspects of which we were unaware.