PHARMACY at Cozumel port

Pia1913

I don't know where you are docking, but there was one at the INternational Pier last time I sailed in on RCCL. We were just at Puerto Maya but don't remember seeing one there. We purchased our stuff in town at a pharmacia near the square. Great prices! Your best bet is to find out which pier you'll be at and then you can usually find a map of the shops at that pier. If you are at Punta Langosta you'll be right in town and can easily find one.

I don't know where you are docking, but there was one at the INternational Pier last time I sailed in on RCCL. We were just at Puerto Maya but don't remember seeing one there. We purchased our stuff in town at a pharmacia near the square. Great prices! Your best bet is to find out which pier you'll be at and then you can usually find a map of the shops at that pier. If you are at Punta Langosta you'll be right in town and can easily find one.

Princess doesn't dock in town. I know where the pharmacy is there. Not sure of the name of the dock where Princess "lands," but it's been the same one for quite some time.

Princess doesn't dock in town. I know where the pharmacy is there. Not sure of the name of the dock where Princess "lands," but it's been the same one for quite some time.

Princess ships dock at Puerta Maya as you can see in this PM Calendar

http://www.puertamaya.com/port-schedule.aspx

PM info at the website

Puerta Maya’s expansive cruise center houses over 50 different outlets offering apparel, fine jewelry, artwork and other merchandise from such recognizable retailers as Milano Jewelers, Del Sol, Piranha Joe’s, Dufry, and Diamonds International. The facility also features 15 stand-alone carts where local merchants market colorful handmade crafts, costume jewelry and souvenirs.Other retail outlets at Puerta Maya include a pharmacy, convenience store, and international pay phones

PM info at the website

Puerta Maya’s expansive cruise center houses over 50 different outlets offering apparel, fine jewelry, artwork and other merchandise from such recognizable retailers as Milano Jewelers, Del Sol, Piranha Joe’s, Dufry, and Diamonds International. The facility also features 15 stand-alone carts where local merchants market colorful handmade crafts, costume jewelry and souvenirs.Other retail outlets at Puerta Maya include a pharmacy, convenience store, and international pay phones

I know the store they're talking about and there is not really a pharmacy; just a small drug counter.

I didn't remember seeing a pharmacy at Puerta Maya while walking around. I would have stopped there instead if I'd have seen one, so I'm just not sure! :)

No. There is no pharmacy per se' The one mentioned above is in a grocery/souvenir type store.

PM info at the website

Ruby Princess is docking on 2/3 and doesn't appear on that calendar.:confused:

I would also like to find a large Pharmacia such as Wal-Mart, MEGA or the like.

Mike:)

No. There is no pharmacy per se' The one mentioned above is in a grocery/souvenir type store.

there is a real and very good pharmacy at Calle 7 between Melgar (waterfront) and 5th avenue, is located just one block from Punta Langosta mall/pier, aside from the post mail office, the name is Dori, is a small branch from a big pharmacy at downtown/market area, so if they dont have the medicine you are looking for, they call to the main office and a delivery boy will bring it in about 15 minutes or less time, but to go to this pharmacy you will need to take a taxi from Puerta Maya pier

there is a real and very good pharmacy at Calle 7 between Melgar (waterfront) and 5th avenue, is located just one block from Punta Langosta mall/pier, aside from the post mail office, the name is Dori, is a small branch from a big pharmacy at downtown/market area, so if they dont have the medicine you are looking for, they call to the main office and a delivery boy will bring it in about 15 minutes or less time, but to go to this pharmacy you will need to take a taxi from Puerta Maya pier

I know all those pharmacies; have been going to Cozumel for years. But not that important to have to taxi into town.

Since the Ruby will dock at Punta Langosta I think that I will just go to MEGA superstore which is a very short walk from the pier and their prices should be very competitive.

They're changing docking areas? :confused:

From what I was able to find Princess seems to be using more than one pier.

Maybe we can verify from a recent cruiser.

I was just there last month on the Ruby. Same pier as always. Will be there again in 10 days. We'll see.

Edited by Pia1913

We were on the Carnival Dream this past spring2013-? name dock. But you walk out of port area and small pharmacy across street. Medications are all in spanish and employee only spoke spanish- so translate med. before you go. Employee was not helpful in translating. If you go to Belize- there is a bigger and better pharmacy there. 3 tubes of retin-A for $ 24.

I was just there last month on the Ruby. Same pier as always. Will be there again in 10 days. We'll see.

The Ruby is using different ports according to the date on this calendar.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2014.html#.UtCoymRDvF9

We will be at the Punta Langosta on Feb 4th while she will be at Puerta Maya on Jan 25th.

That site has us listed as :

21-Jan Ruby Princess 9:00 AM 6:00 PM Punta Langosta.

wrong date and time. we will be there on 1/20 - right?

Hmmmmmmmmmm........... that would be nice. We had already decided not to get off the ship, but if Langosta is it, well............... :)

• 2 weeks later...

So...if I understand the posters above, there is no pharmacy at the Cozumel near where Carnival Magic docks?

I want to pick up some Retin A. It costs an arm and a leg here. My dermatologist approves...I've used the samples for almost 6 months now.

Drugs and Deli was at Puerta Maya when we were there last June and every time before that. However, they don't have a great selction and we go downtown to the shopping mall that has Diamonds International and get our prescriptions at Discount Drugs and Souveniers. They are upstairs and have great prices. Bobbie, one is the owners, is very nice and speaks perfect English.