What to do in Cozumel until 10pm?

serene56

Never been to a port at night-- what do you do?

i am with my 86 year old dad= not into bar scenes or stuff like that.

He is very active and in good health

Edited by serene56

Well, just because you're there late, doesn't mean you have to STAY on land! I'd do whatever things I wanted during the day, and not have to rush back to the ship for dinner...maybe find a place to eat, then head back to the ship after!

The only time I stayed out late in Cozumel was to party and drink at one of the bars. Otherwise I don't see much reason to stay out late. When we left the bar, most shops were closed and the streets were deserted.

As others said, that the ship is in port late doesn't mean that you have to be on land until the final "all aboard" call. Plenty going on aboard the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't know if everything would stay open because there's a ship late in port, but when I was in Cozumel last week everything was closed at 5 even though there was still a ship in port (we were leaving, back late from a cruise excursion but another boat was hanging out.)

I don't think I'd stay out late in Cozumel, I'd just be a bit more relaxed with whatever I was doing that day knowing that there was little chance of me missing the boat, none of the rushing around to get things done like in other ports. That's how I did Nassau when we were there til midnight :-)

Edited by SunshineCruiser24

Do you both like the beach scene? Even if you dont want to be in the sun directly there are always shaded areas to rest and relax. Chankanaab Park sounds wonderful to me, and also Nachi Cocum. If you do, then I think with such a time in port, it would be nice not to have to leave the beach early to get back to ship in time, you could stay till late afternoon even.

I agree with the others though that just because you are there till ten pm, it doesnt mean you have to be on land that late. If either like cooking, I have heard of a wonderful excursion where you learn to make local dishes with local chefs, and it takes up quite a few hours.

There was also a tour through Carnival I believe, that was quite pricey, but it was a day spent at a beachside villa, limited number of tickets sold, and I am sorry I forget the name of it, but it sounded lovely. Food and drinks, beach chairs etc, all included, and not a large number of people there.

There are also tours to mayan ruins on the mainland, but entails travelling on the ferry to Playa Carmen, which you have time to do in this case, but not sue if that too strenuous. I love Cozumel, hope whatever you choose to do, is enjoyable and have a great cruise.

Edited by SMSACE6

On our last cruise that stopped in Cozumel, we were in port until 10 pm. We went into town and it was GREAT! Well lit, lots of music playing in the square area, many little shops open, had a couple of drinks, did a little souviner shopping, etc. There were some street vendors and we just enjoyed our time until about 8 pm, then took a taxi back to Puerta Maya and had one more drink before getting onto the ship.

All the shops/restaurants were open in town and the town square was hopping with a few musicians, some people there for photo ops etc. It was great. Very pleasant evening.