Quick Imagination Question!

CathyCruises

We had FTTF so I can't tell you what time the cabins opened across the board, but I can tell you that even with FTTF one of our suitcases didn't arrive until after dinner (we had 3 out of 4 quickly). If my suitcase had something I knew I wanted early, I'd keep it with me. Or maybe pack anyone's 'urgent' stuff in one suitcase and check the rest.

Have fun!

Thanks all, that's helpful. We will have four adults and three kids, two of whom are four and six, so we're just trying to minimize our stress level! Our check-in is 12 to 1230, which means it could be a couple of hours that we'd be dragging everything around with us. Appreciate the input!

We had a check-in time in August like yours. By the time we got through check-in (which was interminably long) and boarded, it was well after 1pm and the cabins were open for everyone.

Note: Unless embarkation procedures have improved radically since August, expect to have to entertain your kids for more than an hour while you wait in line .

Hi, we're doing a 4 Dayer on the Imagination this Saturday. Can anyone tell me approximately what time the cabins are opened? Trying to decide whether to check luggage or carry it on. Thanks!

See you Saturday!! Before the staggered check in, I've been on board before noon and the rooms have been ready. They should be ready by the time you board. I rarely see people with luggage around the ship. But it could be because I'm so excited I'm not paying attention. Enjoy your cruise!!

Oh, great updated information, thank you so much. We'd be happy just to be able to drop the stuff and go off and show the kids the ship so we'll go with that plan. I don't want to have to worry about bags not arriving until after dinner. We normally cruise on Celebrity and have always gotten our bags about the time of muster, although I'm sure there are exceptions! To The Phoenixx, happy cruising! We are a group of seven, my husband and myself, my son and his wife, and their three boys ages 14, six, and four. The kids have been well indoctrinated on cruise ship behavior and I'm sure they will make us proud. When I asked them what kind of clothes we're going to wear to dinner at night, the six year old said, "Something that begins with F but I can't remember what it is!" I wracked my brains to think of some item of clothing beginning with F, but couldn't think of a thing. Then inspiration hit me, and I said "Do you mean 'formal'??" And he said, "Yes!! That's it!!!" So they've all got cute little suits to wear every night. I realize that this is not normally the type of cruise that one would wear a suit to, but it's never too early to teach them proper behavior and good manners. My three kids were about the same age when we took them on their first cruise, these make a perfect introductory trip!

Just got off the imagination today. You can drop your bags in the room right after you arrive. You just can't unpack until the room is cleaned. Have a wonderful cruise!

Unless you are Diamond, Platinum or FTTF this is not true.

As someone else posted, NO, you cannot go and drop off your bags in the room unless you are priority. The signs on the doorways to the hallways will tell you the same thing. So if you are planning on not checking the luggage be prepared to be carting it around with you until the cabins are ready. Most people pack items that they will need right away such as swim suits or attire for dinner and documents that you need for check in a carry on and then let the porters take their checked bags so that they will be delivered to the room later. Also in order to carry on bags they have to be of a size that fits through a scanner similar to the airport.

Long Beach now has staggered boarding.

So, is it any better?

We had a staggered boarding time in October on the Pride and the lines were still too long. From the time we walked up to the check-in area to the time we boarded the ship was at least an hour.

Edited by GradUT

As of December 9, Staggered Check In is still a suggestion in Long Beach. If you arrived before your check in time you were allowed to check in but admonished to follow the times the next time. Priority starts check in as it did before- approx 9:30

Edited by SadieN

As of December 9, Staggered Check In is still a suggestion in Long Beach. If you arrived before your check in time you were allowed to check in but admonished to follow the times the next time. Priority starts check in as it did before- approx 9:30

Good thing they were not turning them away.