Upgrade help: Conquest class 9289 (Glory)

mrak

I just got my first upgrade offer. Currently book inside on deck 7 fwd; next to a bunch of suites so it should be nice and quiet, but a straight shot up or down the stairs to everything. However I just got offered and ok deal on a balcony...0e0bb214aad4247d1aad0604d460c9b4.jpg

However this is what's above me...

e000340345aac3584027b16a0477ea4f.jpg

I tend to stay out pretty late on cruises and I'm worried about noise in that area from the sun decks above. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those are the tiered areas where they do have deck chairs and will be moving them around late at night and putting them back early in the morning. Not to mention people rearranging them during the day and when the move plays at night. It's a crap shoot. Maybe someone who has stayed there will chime in.

I wouldn't move, but I'm funny like that. I have to make sure there are cabins or carpet above me.

We just sailed on the Conquest in November and had 4 of those exact balcony rooms on the Lido deck. I was a little concerned about the noise from the chairs in the morning and at night, but we went with it and just hoped for the best. We never heard any noise and we loved having the rooms so convenient to the pools, bars & food venues that are on the Lido. Our parents would go grab coffee in the morning and come back and sit on their balconies before we went to breakfast. When we would come back from port we would grab a drink at the bar and right back to our room to watch sail away. It was a perfect spot and we would book them again in a heartbeat.

We just sailed on the Conquest in November and had 4 of those exact balcony rooms on the Lido deck. I was a little concerned about the noise from the chairs in the morning and at night, but we went with it and just hoped for the best. We never heard any noise and we loved having the rooms so convenient to the pools, bars & food venues that are on the Lido. Our parents would go grab coffee in the morning and come back and sit on their balconies before we went to breakfast. When we would come back from port we would grab a drink at the bar and right back to our room to watch sail away. It was a perfect spot and we would book them again in a heartbeat.

That's interesting. I often read about lots of noise from deck chairs. Maybe that's more people being on deck 8 under the lido, vs this area which is under the sun deck area on 10?

That's a great area, just make a left out of your cabin + your in the middle of all the action. We usually book inside rooms on lido in the same area. Only balconies I didn't like on Conquest class were aft deck 8. The lido buffet has a large overhang and it shades the balconies below.

That's a great area, just make a left out of your cabin + your in the middle of all the action. We usually book inside rooms on lido in the same area. Only balconies I didn't like on Conquest class were aft deck 8. The lido buffet has a large overhang and it shades the balconies below.

Definitely like the convenience. But usually book further down the hall on lido so there are cabins above me. Not decks. Gah idk what to do lol

We had 9287 on Conquest. Loved the location and had absolutely no issues with noise from deck 10.

I just worry because I am a really light sleeper. I read on another thread someone said they were woken up every morning on that same area. Idk what to do!

I just worry because I am a really light sleeper. I read on another thread someone said they were woken up every morning on that same area. Idk what to do!

I am an extremely light sleeper as well and would be totally miserable if I heard noises above me. Therefore, if there were even a slight chance of hearing anything, I wouldn't risk it. If I'm jolted awake, I'm done and can't go back to sleep. But that's me.

Call them back and tell them you don't like the location because of potential noise from the deck above but you would be very interested in a balcony on deck 7 forward or if they have any balcony rooms further forward on deck 9 like room 9277 and forward. Im very serious, what's the worst they say? No 9289 is it. But I bet they magically have a room more forward on 9 or down on deck 7 forward. They want to sell those empty balcony rooms at any cost so don't just take the first offer. It's your cruise, tell them where you want to be and I bet you they will have something. Negotiate with them.

Good idea! Bc I actually did that last night LOL. They offered me a couple of other rooms fwd of the elevators, so I pulled the trigger!

Awesome!!, glad it worked out for the better. never take the first offer unless you really like it, otherwise negotiate the upsale. Your the customer with the money. 9 times out of 10 they will offer other options and even ones you suggest yourself.

our cruise on Glory next year we are also on Lido deck well forward of the elevators. We were in the same location on Splendor last April and love it. it was quiet and had no issues sleeping through the night with being woke up in the middle of the night by noise. that far forward too out on the balcony was very piece full. all we heard was the water breaking on the bow of the ship. it was very relaxing. Hope you enjoy it.