Dream or Breeze

Those are 2 of the 3 newest ships in the Carnival fleet (second only to Vista) so they will both have all the bells & whistles... a lot of people voice a strong preference for the Breeze which led us to book our cruise on her for Sept.

Both will have recently gone through dry dock as well so should look nice & spiffy!

Bottom line, either ship would serve you- I personally love the port of Galveston, so that tips things even stronger in Breeze's favor.

The Breeze hands down! We've done both but liked the Breeze so much last year we're sailing her again this year. The decor is so different from all of the other ships (different designer.) It's soft turquoise and pale buttery yellows pared with peaches and creams is very elegant and it has the prettiest Lido in the fleet. The Lidos columns are made to look like palm trees and sitting in the booths under the cabana like canopy with palm trees around makes you feel like you're on an island. :)

There's Guys burgers (by far the best burgers on a cruise ship), the sushi restaurant, the Italian place (free for lunch but $15 pp at dinner), and it's getting a Guys BBQ in drydock along with an Alchemy bar, and lip syncing competition in April. We love it's sports deck with the ropes course, mini golf, pool tables, foosball tables, basketball court, track, hot dog stand (free) and bar. And the 3-D Thrill Theater was a big hit with our family too. The Dream is our second favorite Carnival ship but the Breeze is newer and has a few extras we love along with the prettiest decor in the fleet IMHO. ;)

Help me out on Galveston. the main reason we have stayed clear of the Breeze is Galveston. It's 1 1/2 hours from Bush Airport. rental car companies will not allow a one way drop off from Houston to Galveston. We don't want to start our trip out with $200 RT transportation.

Help me out on Galveston. the main reason we have stayed clear of the Breeze is Galveston. It's 1 1/2 hours from Bush Airport. rental car companies will not allow a one way drop off from Houston to Galveston. We don't want to start our trip out with $200 RT transportation.

There are many reasonably priced shuttles to choose from, we prefer Galveston Express that starts at just $30 per person for shuttle service from Houston to Galveston. :)

I would look for a car deal and rent it for two days.... and then just drop if off a day earlier than planned or use a shuttle as others have pointed out. we shuttled back from that cruise to the hotel.