Conquest 6/18-6/25 mini review

ajenali

Didn't take many photos - maybe someone else from this sailing can share some. Overall a great a cruise. This was my 2nd time on Conquest and would gladly sail her again.

Embarkation - Seen better and been through worse. No rave reviews and not big complaints here.

Stateroom - for the first time in my cruising history I stayed in an interior. Have no desire to do it again, but it would not be a deal breaker if I had to. The size was okay for 2 people. My only complaint was the total darkness and taking a midday nap. Unless you keep the tv on mute, you have no idea what time it is. Our steward, B, was great. Met all our needs and exceeded expectations.

Entertainment - CD Big Sexy was good. Entertaining, seen throughout the ship and interacted well with guests. Playlist productions were good. Epic Rock was sensational. Latino show - there were techinical difficulties for the first show and they had to cancel it. Went back for the 2nd show - still had techinical difficulties so the entertainers sat on barstools and alternated singing their songs. I really enjoyed this - its great to see them just sing without the wigs and costumes.

Food - everyone has their opinions. Food was good, however I did see the decline that everyone has been speaking about. Tablecloth debate was not an issue for me. There are some items from the past that were not offered and were greatly missed, but everything I ate was good. I am not big for spending additional $ for food on the ship, but the surf and turf were totally worth it! Wait staff provided excellent service.

Ports -

Grand Turk was a beach/pool day.

San Juan - walked around the city and shopped. Was going to take one of the taxi tours but driver got a little huffy when we decided to get off after waiting 20+ minutes for her '25person quota'. no big deal for us. we enjoyed our own self tour.

St. Thomas - we did the jeep excursion through Carnival. Great day! Would absolutely do this excursion again.

Amber Cove - If you do the poolside cabana, definately opt for cabana #11. Had the best view, no obstructions whatsoever. Food service was a little slow, however that was the only complaint of the day. (aside from it being a short day 11-5)

Overall thoughts: great ship, showing some wear and tear but nothing obvious unless you are actively looking for something wrong. Great staff and good food. Would definately do this ship/itinerary again.

Feel free to ask any questions :)

I am curious about the embarkation since there have been several bad reports over the last few months.

Do you remember what time did you arrive at the terminal, and what time you eventually boarded? How were the check-in lines? Security lines?

Did you have FTTF?

Thanks!:)

Yes, we did have FTTF.

The staff at the port are disorganized. We got there early, about 10am. No lines to wait in. check in was a breeze with the exception that they had a hard time finding our S&S cards. We weren't permitted to go in the priority/FTTF waiting room. Was told by 2 staff members that it was for weddings only. Was a little aggravating, but no big deal since we had travel companions that did not have FTTF, so we chose to sit with them instead.

If I remember correctly we started boarding about 1230ish, previous cruise started debarking late. There was complete chaos when it was time to board. people rushed the line. boarding zones were not called as far as i could tell.

debarking and customs were a breeze though.

I'm not cruising "Conquest" until Jan, of 2017. so I hope the embarkation staff gets their "poop" together before then.

THANKS for the review. Ship sounds very good.

Can't wait to get aboard "Conquest" once again.

"SKY"

Yes, we did have FTTF.

The staff at the port are disorganized. We got there early, about 10am. No lines to wait in. check in was a breeze with the exception that they had a hard time finding our S&S cards. We weren't permitted to go in the priority/FTTF waiting room. Was told by 2 staff members that it was for weddings only. Was a little aggravating, but no big deal since we had travel companions that did not have FTTF, so we chose to sit with them instead.

If I remember correctly we started boarding about 1230ish, previous cruise started debarking late. There was complete chaos when it was time to board. people rushed the line. boarding zones were not called as far as i could tell.

debarking and customs were a breeze though.

That sucks. My wife and I got FTTF purely to avoid the chaos and lines of boarding, and to get on early. From your review, it sounds like we'd be better off getting a refund and saving $60. Was it worth it at all?

That sucks. My wife and I got FTTF purely to avoid the chaos and lines of boarding, and to get on early. From your review, it sounds like we'd be better off getting a refund and saving $60. Was it worth it at all?

For us it was worth it. We were sitting close to where you enter so we were very close to the front of the line. Went straight to room and dropped carryon off. Luggage was delivered before muster. Used the priority line at guest services a few time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For us it was worth it. We were sitting close to where you enter so we were very close to the front of the line. Went straight to room and dropped carryon off. Luggage was delivered before muster. Used the priority line at guest services a few time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok. A few more questions. Was that mainly due to you getting there so early? Or did FTTF have some sort of perk that allowed to you sit near the entrance ramp? Was there a special line marked for fttf while checking in or dropping off luggage?

There was no special line for dropping off luggage. There were porters lined up waiting as you got off the shuttle/taxi, and they placed stickers on the luggage with FTTF.

There was a small line when we got there, but with FTTF, you are able to go through the priority line to check in which was quicker. Our travel companions who did not have it stood in line for about 10min. As the morning went, the line did get much longer so I would definately keep the FTTF if you have it. I know that we could have went into the priority room had we pursued it but we chose to sit with the rest of our party. and we were there early enough that we were able to get a seat close to where you board. It was apparent the staff guarding the priority door just did not know who could and couldn't go in there. ~ And i could be very wrong also, there could have been enough weddings that they took up the entire room.

There was no special line for dropping off luggage. There were porters lined up waiting as you got off the shuttle/taxi, and they placed stickers on the luggage with FTTF.

There was a small line when we got there, but with FTTF, you are able to go through the priority line to check in which was quicker. Our travel companions who did not have it stood in line for about 10min. As the morning went, the line did get much longer so I would definately keep the FTTF if you have it. I know that we could have went into the priority room had we pursued it but we chose to sit with the rest of our party. and we were there early enough that we were able to get a seat close to where you board. It was apparent the staff guarding the priority door just did not know who could and couldn't go in there. ~ And i could be very wrong also, there could have been enough weddings that they took up the entire room.

Alright, I guess I'll just keep it and see how it goes. I don't care so much about waiting in the special waiting room. For me, it would be about boarding early before the mad rush. So they didn't call for FTTF passengers to board first? Or any priority? They were just like... "ALL ABOARD" and everyone rushed to the on ramp?

Pretty much thats how it was. Staff stood at the entry queue and said we are going to start boarding and there was a mad rush. If there were any speaker annoucements after that - I havent got a clue. - lol. I saw a herd of people jump up and i was gone. :D

There were speaker announcements about delayed boarding earlier in the morning, but that was all I heard. '

Keep fttf, after you check in, try to get a seat next to the queue and just watch. :)

Thanks for the review we sail a 8day on August.20 I can't wait I got the cheers drink package and a 5dollar t shirt I'm ready to go go and go and get out of Maryland for awhile. We had Big sexy on the pride he is pretty good had a good bit of history all around nice guy I hope he is still there in August.thanks again

I was also on this cruise... got to the port ar 11:00 finally boarded the ship at 1:30 p.m. extremely long lines

Food was not good at all and very meager...had ribs one night with baked beans and a cheesy cornbread...got a side of french fries had a total of 5 baked beans in a mini cup...Lobster on fancy night very small...glad I did not pay $20 for it on other ights would have been mad

lots of unsupervised kids on ship saw one little boy in hot tub by himslef no adults near him water up to his neck...if he fell I doubt any one would get to him in time...also lots on young kids in pools and hot tubs unsupervised

On Movie night on deck teenagers unsupervised felt it was okay to scream and yell and generally disrupt the movie

Would never cruise Carnival again