Fantasy Fest

CaptainUnlucky

Unless you want to see middle age people virtually nude and in body paint walking the streets, I would stay on the ship. Nights are certainly crazier, but that late in the week there are people in "costumes" during the afternoon and early evening as well.

You can always get off Duval Street and do other things like a water excursion and avoid most of the fantasy crowd.

We will be on Majesty during Fantasy Fest this year. I realize that most of the "crazy" stuff happens at night. But what can we expect during the day. Anyone know of anything going on there on 10/23 it's a Thursday and well be in port 10am until 6pm.

Thanks

Thursday night is Toga night at Sloppy Joes. You'll be gone before then, but you'll probably still see some people dressed up in the late afternoon. Stop by Sloppy Joes while you're here. The party usually does start early. Enjoy. :)

We will be on Majesty during Fantasy Fest this year. I realize that most of the "crazy" stuff happens at night. But what can we expect during the day. Anyone know of anything going on there on 10/23 it's a Thursday and well be in port 10am until 6pm.

Thanks

You can look at the Fantasy Fest web site and look at the schedule of events for that day. Sometimes events do happen during the daytime, you just have to know when & where. We spent 7 days last year during Fantasy Fest, was a really fun time :D.

We stopped in KW during Fantasy Fest a few years ago on a cruise. It was so much fun, we rented a house with 3 other couples for the next year for a full week. Absolutely loved it. Would go back in a second. Just wandering up and down Duval you'll see lots of fun stuff. I really liked the food stands that they had on Duval. Inexpensive and delicious. Take your camera!

Here's a day event that might be fumn

DANTE'S 8TH ANNUAL HALOS & HORNS POOL PARTY AND WET T-SHIRT CONTEST

Whether you wear the halo of an ANGEL or prefer devilish HORNS, GET WET & WILD at Dante's for a chance to win BIG $$$! Free body painting, live music, great giveaways, fantastic food and drink specials and our one of a kind stage in the CENTER of the POOL! The party starts at noon and goes till 6 PM, pole dancing starts at 4:30 PM; Dante's Restaurant & Raw Bar; 951 Caroline St, next to the ferry terminal.

IRISH KEVIN'S ANNUAL 80's PARTY

If you love rock and roll as much as we do, come bust a move at Irish Kevin's annual 80's party! Prepare your leg warmers and Members Only jackets. Dress head to toe in your best 80's costume with awards given throughout the day.

We stopped in KW during Fantasy Fest a few years ago on a cruise. It was so much fun, we rented a house with 3 other couples for the next year for a full week. Absolutely loved it. Would go back in a second. Just wandering up and down Duval you'll see lots of fun stuff. I really liked the food stands that they had on Duval. Inexpensive and delicious. Take your camera!

Here's a day event that might be fumn

DANTE'S 8TH ANNUAL HALOS & HORNS POOL PARTY AND WET T-SHIRT CONTEST

Whether you wear the halo of an ANGEL or prefer devilish HORNS, GET WET & WILD at Dante's for a chance to win BIG $$$! Free body painting, live music, great giveaways, fantastic food and drink specials and our one of a kind stage in the CENTER of the POOL! The party starts at noon and goes till 6 PM, pole dancing starts at 4:30 PM; Dante's Restaurant & Raw Bar; 951 Caroline St, next to the ferry terminal.

IRISH KEVIN'S ANNUAL 80's PARTY

If you love rock and roll as much as we do, come bust a move at Irish Kevin's annual 80's party! Prepare your leg warmers and Members Only jackets. Dress head to toe in your best 80's costume with awards given throughout the day.

Your post does bring back some memories of some of the events for this year that was around last year :D. Could not make it this year so maybe next year. Duval St was very entertaining as was some of the other events we went to. The food that was being cooked & sold in the street made you hungry even if you were not. The $2 beers on the street was a nice surprise too. Capt Tonys was an active place to visit.

Thanks

We will be there too! Sounds like it could be a lot of fun! Will have to go costume shopping. Please join the roll call.

Bob & Gretta from NJ

Thanks

We will be there too! Sounds like it could be a lot of fun! Will have to go costume shopping. Please join the roll call.

Bob & Gretta from NJ

If you're interested in costumes then don't miss Fairvilla on Front St.

It will have plenty of adult halloween costumes.

http://www.fairvilla.com

Mike:)

That would be a good idea but when we were in Fairvilla last FantasyFest, it was very busy & took a long time to check out. Since the OP is only going to be there a short time, might be better to order costumes online & take it with them on the cruise. That way, when they get off the ship in the costumes, they will be in the FantasyFest mode. Fairvilla does have some nice stuff as well as some other online costume companies on the Web and sometimes is cheaper buying online.

If you're interested in costumes then don't miss Fairvilla on Front St.

It will have plenty of adult halloween costumes.

http://www.fairvilla.com

Mike:)

Thanks for the info, we will probably be bringing ours along, but there are some ggreat ideas. Just trying to stick to this years theme "aniime". It would be great to get a whole group together from the ship. The $2.00 beers sound inviting also. Thanks again Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, just realized we will be in Key West during this as well. We will be there on a Monday. We are traveling with our 11 year old son. I realize that most things happen in the evenings, but a week full of fun doesn't happen only at night , right? Concerned I will have to explain a lot of things, or walk around with his eyes covered. Hate to stay on the ship though!

Ok, just realized we will be in Key West during this as well. We will be there on a Monday. We are traveling with our 11 year old son. I realize that most things happen in the evenings, but a week full of fun doesn't happen only at night , right? Concerned I will have to explain a lot of things, or walk around with his eyes covered. Hate to stay on the ship though!

Although I have mo past experience, the Fantasy Fest website does not show any specific events listed during daytime hours for Monday 10/20...

There's always the beach at Ft Zachary, Snorkeling, The cemetary is pretty cool, The Museum and the Aquarium (although small), or you say it's "adult halloween" a little early.:D

Thanks for the info, we will probably be bringing ours along, but there are some ggreat ideas. Just trying to stick to this years theme "aniime". It would be great to get a whole group together from the ship. The $2.00 beers sound inviting also. Thanks again Bob

Group Costumes are fun!

There won't be too much during the daytime to worry about....unless you don't like Carman Mirandas.....

fanfest1.jpg

Edited by Clay Clayton

There are daytime events but if you don't go to them, no problem with that. We were at FF last year for a weeks stay & during the daytime we sometimes saw women with body paint on the upper body. The artwork was very well done so that it was difficult to see that they were not wearing a shirt since the artists doing the painting are excellent at their trade. Later in the week is when things got more revealing during the daytime mainly afternoon hours from what we saw.

We left KW the morning of the first day of FF last year and I was totally bummed about it. I think you'll find plenty to do (or, really, see) that day. We accompanied our best friends on their honeymoon (they needed a ride and stayed 10 more days) and they loved every minute of it. Our favs: Irish Kevin's, Blue Heaven and of course, Better than Sex, but they don't open till 6, so you'll miss that. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk