Has anyone used Eleuthera Tours while on Princess Cays?

canadarocks

Eleuthera Tours offers a "Discover Lighthouse Beach" tour while we're at Princess Cays. Has anyone done it?

Hi. My daughter and I used them last year and had a great time. Its a small operation, family run. We had the father and son take us on our tour. There were only 4 of us. We drove to lighthouse beach, stopping along the way to see the birds in the salt flats. When we got to the beach we had it to ourselves - we had a lovely lunch on the beach - conch, peas and rice, all home made by our guide. At the end of lunch, the Princess dune buggy tour came to the beach, stayed 20 minutes, and left. We had time to explore. Then, we went a short distance to the other side of the island and swam in the waves, while our guide spear fished. It was a fabulous day - we were considering doing it again this year. It will be sad if they don't offer it for cruise passengers any more.

Lisa

Edited by goofy559

Hi. My daughter and I used them last year and had a great time. Its a small operation, family run. We had the father and son take us on our tour. There were only 4 of us. We drove to lighthouse beach, stopping along the way to see the birds in the salt flats. When we got to the beach we had it to ourselves - we had a lovely lunch on the beach - conch, peas and rice, all home made by our guide. At the end of lunch, the Princess dune buggy tour came to the beach, stayed 20 minutes, and left. We had time to explore. Then, we went a short distance to the other side of the island and swam in the waves, while our guide spear fished. It was a fabulous day - we were considering doing it again this year. It will be sad if they don't offer it for cruise passengers any more.

Lisa

Awesome Lisa, thank you. I've been emailing them and they've certainly led me to believe the tour will be offered next year! We are doing the exact same cruise as you (I recognize your name from our Roll Call :)), so perhaps we'll do the tour together! :cool:

Awesome Lisa, thank you. I've been emailing them and they've certainly led me to believe the tour will be offered next year! We are doing the exact same cruise as you (I recognize your name from our Roll Call :)), so perhaps we'll do the tour together! :cool:

Hi. I thought I recognized you too! It is a very bumpy ride to the beach. We sat in the back of a pick-up on what looked like old theater seats - three on each side. All part of the adventure!

Hi. I thought I recognized you too! It is a very bumpy ride to the beach. We sat in the back of a pick-up on what looked like old theater seats - three on each side. All part of the adventure!

Yeah, that's the only part that concerns me a little (DH's back). How long a trip is it?

Yeah, that's the only part that concerns me a little (DH's back). How long a trip is it?

It's about 3 miles to the first beach and another 1/4 mile to the Atlantic beach. And the road is very rough (as my feet can attest); we've walked it several times. I have lots of photos and videos here:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Lighthouse%20Beach

• 3 months later...

The trip by vehicle takes 20-25 mins. If you have a slightly bad back, you can sit inside the vehicle which has better riding than in the bed. If you've got a really bad back, you may not want to do it. Just let them know your back is bad and they'll take it extra slow. Only about 1/5 of the road is horrendous (and it's spread out over different areas)... the rest is just bad! There are no plans to stop this tour any time soon. It's only the boat tours that can not be done for Princess guests as personal watercraft are not allowed in the harbor when the ship is anchored.

• 2 months later...

For those considering the Lighthouse Beach tour, you may want to reconfirm your reservation a day or so before. We were on the Ruby Princess in November; go to Tripadvisor and read my review for Eleuthera Tours titled "No tour for us"....

For those considering the Lighthouse Beach tour, you may want to reconfirm your reservation a day or so before. We were on the Ruby Princess in November; go to Tripadvisor and read my review for Eleuthera Tours titled "No tour for us"....

On the other hand......It sounds like Kristel did her best under the circumstances to make something happen. Unfortunately, it obviously was not their best day (to say the least). It also sounds like they have gone out of their way to make it up to you on your next trip. I mean, you got your deposit refunded and now get to do the tour for free on your next cruise this coming April. I would have given them more than 2 stars just based on all that they did do (and tried to do) after missing your tour.

Edited by ar1950