Best time to book RCI Grandeur of the Seas Bermuda October sailing??

So I am currently planning on booking the Grandeur of the Seas for October 9, 2915 for my honeymoon (out of baltimore). Currently RCI has the buy one get one half off promotion which I feel like is a pretty good deal, but I wanted to know if it's the best time to book, or should I wait for a better promotion? I just would hate to book it now and then see a much better deal down the road. Thanks!

So I am currently planning on booking the Grandeur of the Seas for October 9, 2915 for my honeymoon (out of baltimore). Currently RCI has the buy one get one half off promotion which I feel like is a pretty good deal, but I wanted to know if it's the best time to book, or should I wait for a better promotion? I just would hate to book it now and then see a much better deal down the road. Thanks!

I'd book now and then watch for price drops. Royal will grant price drops (with few exceptions) until final payment date.

When you book with RCI the price at the time that you book is guaranteed against any price increase. However should the price decrease prior to final payment, you can benefit from that lower price. If the current promotion appeals to you I would suggest booking it now as you have nothing to lose.

The application of the price decreases is not automatic so if you book through a travel agent make sure they watch for that or you can watch as well and tell them of a decrease when it occurs. If you plan to use a TA, just be certain before you book that they don't charge separate fees from RCI for originating, modifying, or cancelling a booking. There are those who do charge these fees but there are also those that don't. IMO I would avoid those that do.

Booking directly works the same way in that price decreases won't necessarily be applied automatically. You should monitor pricing and contact RCI to have a decrease applied. RCI will not charge a fee for doing this.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

...Will I still be granted price drops since one fare is half off?

If you use a travel agent, talk with them before you book about their price drop policy. They may have fees.

You will still get price drops, but the entire booking will be re-priced at current price. The half-off promo ends Sep 15.

Edited by clarea

Book your cruise now. We booked our August 2015 cruise on Grandeur about a month ago and have seen about two or three price drops. We called RCCL and had them adjust our rates each time, which they did. So far we've saved over $100.00 in either ticket price or on board credits.

We check just about each day for better savings. So book your cruise now and watch for lower rates. RCCL will honor.

I say sometime in 2914.:rolleyes: LOL. Sorry I just couldn't help it. Edited by FLACRUISER99

So even if I book through costco they'll grant the price drop? Will I still be granted price drops since one fare is half off?

Note the actually stating the name of a TA is prohibited by the Cruise Critic guidelines. With that said "C" does impose change fees and will adjust any memberships perks associated with the booking as a result of the price reduction. Price reductions will only be honored if it's before final payment period and the new price does not have any restriction such as New Booking Only.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Agree, book now! The earlier you book the greater the selection of staterooms. You do not want to wait for a lower price only to find out that the prices possibly went up or the category you wanted is sold out.

If you book with a TA, do not expect them to monitor prices for you...go onto RCI's website and start a booking to see what the current prices are running. If the prices drop, contact you TA immediately. Prices can drop for a few hours/days and then go back up. Yes, make sure that your TA does not charge a fee for changes to your original reservation.