Received Carnival Email about Late Boarding

sunshine3215

Okay, I depart on Saturday and I want to hear from prior cruisers. An email was sent from Carnival telling travelers that they are not boarding until 1:30 pm due to "testing"...what the helllzzzz.

I'm going to arrive at Penn station at 9:30 am what are we going to do for all those hours???? I guess it is better to be early than rushed. Is it better to stay at pen station and maybe let my husband wander around, and people watch...then go to the port???

Or does the Carnival port area have chairs and is enclosed like the Florida ports where you are inside a big place with chairs, bathrooms and vending machines.

If you are talking about NY, they do have lots of chairs. There should be a newsstand before you go through screening but you can pick up snacks in penn Station too. Sight seeing (people watching) in NY is entertaining everywhere!

Covered port with bathrooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Smiling Cruiser

Okay, I depart on Saturday and I want to hear from prior cruisers. An email was sent from Carnival telling travelers that they are not boarding until 1:30 pm due to "testing"...what the helllzzzz.

I'm going to arrive at Penn station at 9:30 am what are we going to do for all those hours???? I guess it is better to be early than rushed. Is it better to stay at pen station and maybe let my husband wander around, and people watch...then go to the port???

Or does the Carnival port area have chairs and is enclosed like the Florida ports where you are inside a big place with chairs, bathrooms and vending machines.

I was just on the conquest, embarkation was the same, everyone on, but we never left. They were doing computer testing. We didnt leave until 830pm. If this is the same type of testing, I bet you really won't board until 130

thanks....we get to penn station by around 9:30-10:00 so I'm going to let my husband browse as we go to the port. I'm going to follow your advice, and just go on to the port. 1) probably safer then penn station.

Plus, I'm not too sure you want to browse in NYC. It's really easy to get distracted and lose track of time, plus won't you have all your luggage with you? Not really conducive to exploring the city.

thanks....we get to penn station by around 9:30-10:00 so I'm going to let my husband browse as we go to the port. I'm going to follow your advice, and just go on to the port. 1) probably safer then penn station.

once the chairs are full they will not allow more people through security- skip the browsing and go get a chair

Go straight to the port and check your luggage. Go through Security. Once you have done so, you can assess the situation about boarding time. If you are assigned a zone card, you then can judge how long you will have to wait to board. If you don't get a zone card, then you can expect a wait.

The snack place has some table and chairs as well. Carnival usually provides a limited beverage service at the check in area. Look for it and just relax. Your vacation has started.

Nothing to keep you from going over to the Intrepid for a quick tour. Also, there is an antique fair at Pier 84 (not sure what the cost is).

I too am sailing on Saturday and hope to be at the port between 11:30 and 12 noon.

Being a Saturday there should be at least one bridal party! They usually get priority for boarding.

MARAPRINCE

I've gotten the same email my last few cruises. Showed up and was on board long before 1:00. One thing is for certain - you certainly won't be able to get on board if you aren't there no matter what time they actually start.. :)