Cheers Program

jvparish

I know this has been asked before but I couldn't locate it. My husband and I are sailing Oct 4th and we are trying to decide if it is worth it to get the Cheers Program. We will be going to 4 ports, one is Half Moon Caye. Is the Cheers Program applicable on the Half Moon Caye :) ?? Thanks!

I know this has been asked before but I couldn't locate it. My husband and I are sailing Oct 4th and we are trying to decide if it is worth it to get the Cheers Program. We will be going to 4 ports, one is Half Moon Caye. Is the Cheers Program applicable on the Half Moon Caye :) ?? Thanks!

No, the Cheers program is not applicable on Half Moon Caye.

Here's a breakeven chart I worked up to give you some idea:

Cheersbreakevencalculations_zpsd0f339e8.png

We are planning on getting the Cheers program, and I understand that drinks over 10.00 are not covered on the plan, is it the price of the drink before tax or after tax that it is calculated at, I see that a classic cocktail with tax is 10.06,

We are planning on getting the Cheers program, and I understand that drinks over 10.00 are not covered on the plan, is it the price of the drink before tax or after tax that it is calculated at, I see that a classic cocktail with tax is 10.06,

Below $10 is always before the tip

Just go by the menu price. :)

Just to clarify, you mean Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas and not Half Moon Caye, Belize, right? Cheers is not applicable on Half Moon Cay.

Figure in your two bottles you can carry on per couple of wine or champagne, and free champagne at the art auctions (these are educational and fun IMHO). If you are a past guest you will have a couple drinks at the past guest party (from beer to cocktails to champagne), and also your free drink for lunch if you qualify- I think it's platinum and above. The Captain has cocktails at his party, this is variable- either free or reduced prices. Also there are lower priced drinks before dinner in some of the lounges, I think they were 5.75 Mimosas and two other types. For us, we spent an additional $250 last cruise and we were not lacking in the beverage dept. It's not worth it for us to buy the Cheers program.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Since the Cheers program price reduction, my DH and I have decided to give it a shot (get it, a "shot" :D) for our 5 day cruise. Usually, we would get a bottle of vodka and a bottle of rum from BV ($140), then the wine package ($140) then buy mixers to bring on board ($20) and we are planning on staying on board when we port at Nassau (been there many times) which I had budgeted in ($100) so we are looking at about $70 more to use the Cheers program. Like sternfania said, we can try drinks that we have never tried before. Also, if my DH wants a beer because its hot, he can instead of having another vodka and cranberry from our BV stuff.

I'm looking forward to it!!:D

Is this for 7 day? The new pricing is 37.50 per day plus gratuity. So even better savings!

I guess I should have mentioned that - kind of important! Duh! - sorry - :o

The breakdown chart is a "per day" chart. So you would take the number of days you purchased times the "per day" breakeven number for the entire cruise.

It is based on $57.44 per day ($49.95 x 15% gratuity). If the price has changed, I need to know! That may change whether I buy it or not on my next cruise. :D

I searched Carnival FAQs but didn't find specifics. Can anyone share a link to pricing info?

I guess I should have mentioned that - kind of important! Duh! - sorry - :o

The breakdown chart is a "per day" chart. So you would take the number of days you purchased times the "per day" breakeven number for the entire cruise.

It is based on $57.44 per day ($49.95 x 15% gratuity). If the price has changed, I need to know! That may change whether I buy it or not on my next cruise. :D

I searched Carnival FAQs but didn't find specifics. Can anyone share a link to pricing info?

This thread has plenty of info including to look up "beverage" under Carnival's FAQ. The per day rates were provided by PVPs and JH.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2082252

Even with all the "free or discounted" drinks that can be offered on the ship, I still think the cheers program with the reduced rates is worth the price. 2 or 3 glass of wine at dinner and an after dinner amaretto, and then a beverage at a show...that is 5 drinks at least 35 or more dollars right there. (I sound like a lush - but I really am not)...(just keep telling myself that......) lol