weather in Asia March

stefmo

I'm considering taking a 12-day cruise roundtrip from Benoa (Indonesia) to Singapore in March 2015 but my concern is the weather :confused:.

I've never been to Asia but I understand March is still the wet season.

I'm okay with daily rainstorms which start/stop periodically, but I just don't want to spend all in the rain. (no time for poolside sunning, etc.).

Would greatly appreciate anyone's opinions on their experiences in Asia during March. thank you!

Cruise stops in Komodo, Bali, Java and Singapore.

I'm considering taking a 12-day cruise roundtrip from Benoa (Indonesia) to Singapore in March 2015 but my concern is the weather :confused:.

I've never been to Asia but I understand March is still the wet season.

I'm okay with daily rainstorms which start/stop periodically, but I just don't want to spend all in the rain. (no time for poolside sunning, etc.).

Would greatly appreciate anyone's opinions on their experiences in Asia during March. thank you!

Cruise stops in Komodo, Bali, Java and Singapore.

We have travelled around the areas you mentioned in March on several occasions and there has been no problem with the weather. We have encountered the odd shower but of course there are no guarantees apart from the fact it will be very hot. As far as I'm concerned, too hot to be lying in the sun :eek: Just make sure you have plenty of sunscreen with you!

We travelled through this area in March this year and I don't recall even seeing a drop of rain.

Unless you get really unlucky and there has been cyclone activity you are unlikely to encounter more than a tropical cloudburst.

Don't worry, go and enjoy yourself. It's a really interesting part of the world and if the ship stops at Semarang in Java don't miss a trip to Borobodur :)

Depending on ports visited FEB and MAR can have the lowest levels of rainfall of the year. Although most monthly rainfalls in some port still get about 60 to 100 mm of rain. Vietnamese ports experience little or no rain at this time.

Kos Samui and Phuket ports usually experience oppoite ends of the spectrum due to their location.

Hence there is usually less days of rain. Having said that this region is tropical so there will always be some rain.

But id have no hesitation at cruising this time of year and are doing a 15 day cruise next FEB/MAR around Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam from Singapore

We are going from Bali to Osaka Japan late Feb to March. I expect to have a range of temps from hot/tropical to cool/ mild in Japan and COLD when we leave Maryland (hopefully no snow) so I am packing a little of everything including enough layers for an early March snowstorm coming home --Like this year!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your replies !

Anyone else been to Bali and Java in March ?

We sailed ms Rotterdam in beginning of March 2013. In general the weather was rather hot, often cloudy and humid. Of our 2 days in Bali, we had rain all day on the 1st day. The 2nd day started with rain, but during the morning it got dry for the rest of the day, but cloudy.

In the afternoon in Probolinggo it rained again.

We brought umbrellas for the sun, but used them more against the rain.

We had private drivers and visited almost all places we intended to see.

Be aware you will have to book a tour in Komodo, or you will not be allowed to leave the ship there.

Edited by Ine

Thanks Ine for the reply.

How was the weather on Sea Days ?

Sometimes the weather at sea is much better than being on land.

Apart from the rainy days I mentioned the weather was nice, we could stay at the pool and also the seas were very calm.

• 4 months later...
We will be on the Odyssey in March 2015- we had the same weather concerns, but hey, it can snow in Ca. In

July! We are going!:p:p:p

We are doing the RCI Mariner this March 7th...Singapore-Shanghai and am also not worried about the weather.

"Snow" in Ca. we can't even get a drop of rain here right now :eek::D

We have been to Asia many times and in March.

We've had almost no rain other than one time in Shanghai.

Temperature can range; hot, warm or even chilly.

Weather is weather so you never know.

But I would have no hesitations going in March.

Keith