NCL Jade Making up formula

Parmstrong83

Hi all, we are due to sail on the Jade in just over three weeks.

Our little boy who is just about 6 months has started to wean but is still needing 4 or so bottles a day, we had planned to take powdered formula, bottles and liquid steriliser so that we can make up bottles every day. I am reading conflicting info as to whether there is or is not a kettle in our Family Inside cabin, this is a key element to making his bottles up.

Does anyone have any advice at all?

Could you use hot water (tea) from the coffee service area ? Then fill the balance with cool water from the drinking water in the same location. Its been years since I sailed with NCL, but is ordering a pot of hot water via room service an option ?

Also, it may be possible to make up the days bottles and then keep in the refrigerator or in a bucket of fresh ice. It might require that you set each one out for a bit to lessen the chill before feeding, but making them all at one time would lessen the work.

I always just used hot water from the tap - it's plenty warm enough for formula. In the States we don't worry about sterilizing bottles at that age, so I'm not sure if that's what you need it for rather than the formula itself. In that case, just give a call to room service and they'll bring along hot water any time you need it.

Best,

Mia

Edited by Kerry's Girls