Birthday celebration while on cruise

jdragr

Let them know and they will bring a cake and sing to her in the dining room

You can also pay it have decorations put up in her cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! Who do I let know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can either contact your PVP or TA, depending on how you booked. They will flag it in the reservation. You will need to let them know which night you would like to "celebrate" her birthday on. (Our youngest daughter will be turning 8, right at the end of her cruise. Most people celebrate during the first formal night. We declined to do the "celebration" then because we heard that it really gets overrun of people doing celebrations at each table. Since we are not very big "drinkers" and won't be doing trips off the ship, we scheduled her celebration for the last night before debarkation because we will be eating together that night. We have read that the main dining rooms are usually somewhat empty and not overrun with people during that time..)

Also, you can order decorations online at the Fun Shops...

Edited by rarasnake

You can either contact your PVP or TA, depending on how you booked. They will flag it in the reservation. You will need to let them know which night you would like to "celebrate" her birthday on. (Our youngest daughter will be turning 8, right at the end of her cruise. Most people celebrate during the first formal night. We declined to do the "celebration" then because we heard that it really gets overrun of people doing celebrations at each table. Since we are not very big "drinkers" and won't be doing trips off the ship, we scheduled her celebration for the last night before debarkation.)

Also, you can order decorations online at the Fun Shops...

Thank you so much! This first time cruiser has a lot to learn.

Let them know and they will bring a cake and sing to her in the dining room

You can also pay it have decorations put up in her cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cake is provided for a fee (you can purchase on the BV shop or at the Formalities/Cherry on Top shop), otherwise they'll bring you a random desert with a candle.

The cake is provided for a fee (you can purchase on the BV shop or at the Formalities/Cherry on Top shop), otherwise they'll bring you a random desert with a candle.

What is BV shop?

If you purchase a cake to be delivered to your table after supper, be sure to tell the waiter at the beginning of the dinner to deliver it before taking dessert orders! They took our orders and delivered the cake after we had gotten our desserts. So we didn't have much cake that night. And since you are leaving it to the last night you wouldn't have the rest of the week to finish up the cake like we did. Just a heads up.

Thank you so much! This first time cruiser has a lot to learn.

Please don't bring candles for the cake. Anything with an open flame is prohibited. The crew will provide either closely supervised candles in the dining venue, or the electric kind.

I recommend purchasing a cake online from Bon Voyage, you will be able to choose which night it is presented by your wait staff and the cake can be shared by your family (leftovers can be brought back to your stateroom). We always order the chocolate cake, it is alwlays moist and delicious.

If you don't pre-order a cake online, you can still arrange to have the wait staff bring one piece of cake with a candle on it. We did this for my brother one year but the piece of cake they brought out was the diet cake which he did not eat.

You can pre-order a cake (they are actually pretty good). Or if you wait until you get on the ship you can go to cherry-on-top (near the fun shops) and get a cake and a single red rose delivered table side whichever night you pick. Just remember you can't take the rose off the ship when you debark. There are tons of things that can be pre-ordered or ordered on the ship. Hope she enjoys her 20th...she will be on a cruise so that automatically makes it extra awesome!

Please don't bring candles for the cake. Anything with an open flame is prohibited. The crew will provide either closely supervised candles in the dining venue, or the electric kind.

A little off topic, but this reminded me of something that happened several years ago. I don't know if it's offered anymore, but one of the dessert options was flaming cherries jubilee. Well, apparently, the waiter (or somene) poured a little too much alcohol on the dessert prior to lighting it. When it was lit, the flames were just high enough and hot enough to set off the sprinkler system in the MDR.:eek: What a mess! I don't think anyone that was there will ever forget that evening.

A little off topic, but this reminded me of something that happened several years ago. I don't know if it's offered anymore, but one of the dessert options was flaming cherries jubilee. Well, apparently, the waiter (or somene) poured a little too much alcohol on the dessert prior to lighting it. When it was lit, the flames were just high enough and hot enough to set off the sprinkler system in the MDR.:eek: What a mess! I don't think anyone that was there will ever forget that evening.

The cherries jubilee and bananas foster desserts are a real headache. This has happened more times than anyone cares to think about, and so now every dining venue will have areas outlined for the staff where these flambé courses can be presented, well away from the sprinklers, and usually by senior wait staff.

Even the small propane torches used to caramelize the crème brule, baked Alaska, and such must be signed out of a hazmat locker and returned as soon as service is completed.

Edited by chengkp75

My son had his birthday on our last cruise. I ordered a cake in the candy shop and our waiter brought it to the table. We ordered on embarkation day for that night but barely made it in time because the candy shop didn't open until we left port. If you have time to order it the day before, that's best. The cake was very tasty too!

Just realized that my daughter will have a birthday while we are cruising. What can we do to make it special? She will be turning 20.

I like the idea of decorating her room. You can go on the carnival website under "manage tab / in-room gifts and shopping."