Olivia Travel Cruise Review - Eastern Caribbean Feb. 1 - Feb 8th

shug_avery

Disclaimer: I am a first time cruiser....

That being said, I've fallen in love with Olivia Travel!!!!

I'm aware of the cost considerations when booking with Olivia Travel. The cost did cause me a bit of pain... but I'll try to be clear about why in the end I found it worth it.

1. Solo Traveling - I actually convinced a few friends to travel with me but we participated in all of the solo activities. Solos were never left with nothing to do. We did breakfast, lunch, and dinner together as a group. There were solo excursions and mixers. We were never alone or left with nothing to do. Also, how awesome is it to be able to flirt freely with those you may find attractive without fear. I enjoyed EVERY NIGHT as a single solo. Dancing in the crows nest with lovely ladies!:p HEAVENLY

2. Entertainment - The entertainment was top notch. The guest speakers, the comedians, the singers. All female. Many lesbian. 100% relevant to my life. We had a wonderful key note from Maya Angelou. We got a little political with Congressman Debbie Wasserman Shultz (sp) as well as DOMA champ Eddie Windsor. The Indigo Girls performed. and countless others (Gina Yasherie, Judy Gould, Meredith Baxter, etc.)

3. Exclusivity - Just us ... together equals kissing hugging and nudity .. that is it that is all ;)

The ports of call were great and I guess if I just wanted to visit those ports I could check out any cruise line. We docked in Grand Turks, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Half Moon Cay.

I'm aware of the cost considerations when booking with Olivia Travel. The cost did cause me a bit of pain... but I'll try to be clear about why in the end I found it worth it.

1. Solo Traveling - I actually convinced a few friends to travel with me but we participated in all of the solo activities. Solos were never left with nothing to do. We did breakfast, lunch, and dinner together as a group. There were solo excursions and mixers. We were never alone or left with nothing to do. Also, how awesome is it to be able to flirt freely with those you may find attractive without fear. I enjoyed EVERY NIGHT as a single solo. Dancing in the crows nest with lovely ladies!:p HEAVENLY

2. Entertainment - The entertainment was top notch. The guest speakers, the comedians, the singers. All female. Many lesbian. 100% relevant to my life. We had a wonderful key note from Maya Angelou. We got a little political with Congressman Debbie Wasserman Shultz (sp) as well as DOMA champ Eddie Windsor. The Indigo Girls performed. and countless others (Gina Yasherie, Judy Gould, Meredith Baxter, etc.)

3. Exclusivity - Just us ... together equals kissing hugging and nudity .. that is it that is all ;)

The ports of call were great and I guess if I just wanted to visit those ports I could check out any cruise line. We docked in Grand Turks, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Half Moon Cay.

We were on the last leg of our 14 day Celebrity trip. Nece to see you all in port in St.Thomas. Nice to see the empire rule the island if only for a day.

OP: welcome to Cruise Critic, and thanks for your review! Very glad you enjoyed your first cruise so much.

My spouse and I sailed with Olivia twice in the '90s (when our culture was so much different) and had a wonderful time; it's much harder for us to justify paying something like twice the price (or more) -- the "lesbian premium" as we call it -- to sail with Olivia now. But I can certainly see why you found it worth it, particularly as a solo traveler, and I'm happy that you did.

Maybe some special Olivia itinerary will call our name again one day . . .

Edited by Turtles06

WOW!! Were all these woman on the entire cruise or did the embark and disembark at the ports. That's quite an impressive line up.

And welcome to Cruise Critic....:)

WOW!! Were all these woman on the entire cruise or did the embark and disembark at the ports. That's quite an impressive line up.

And welcome to Cruise Critic....:)

Due to health issues, Maya Angelou gave her keynote via satellite. Most of the others sailed for one or two ports and got off. Edie Windsor was there almost the entire time. She danced and partied with us like one of the girls.