Why it pays to keep checking Fare Viewer!

Le Cruiser

We've gotten some small price/fare reductions on past cruises, but nothing like we've seen on our 5/11/14 Conquest cruise. We're very diligent about checking the Carnival Fare Viewer and has it payed off this time. We originally booked this cruise using Early Saver for the rate of $789/pp, not counting taxes, trip insurance and pre-paid tips. After the latest reduction, we're at $579/pp, with over $500 in OBC. It's almost like getting one person free! Our PVP confirmed each reduction and said he's never seen anything like this before. To everyone who says they can't be bothered or doesn't think you actually DO save money, all I can say is check, check, CHECK!!!! Happy cruising to you all as we quickly approach SINGLE DIGITS! :)

Need-A-Vacation;

The Carnival Fare Viewer allows you to see what the current price of a specified cruise is. If you've booked for a higher price, you will get the reduced rate (if you haven't paid your cruise off in full) or on board credit for the difference (if you HAVE paid your cruise off in full). Here's the address:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Need-A-Vacation;

The Carnival Fare Viewer allows you to see what the current price of a specified cruise is. If you've booked for a higher price, you will get the reduced rate (if you haven't paid your cruise off in full) or on board credit for the difference (if you HAVE paid your cruise off in full). Here's the address:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Just checked and it said no rates available for your selection. What does that mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jdragr - not sure. I just checked our cruise again (I'm greedy!!) and ours was there. Try again later, perhaps? I'd say maybe you might be too close to sailing but we're 17 days away now and our cruise is there so that might not be the reason. Give it a try in a while.

If it says no rates for your selection it likely means your category is sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks TruckinMama!! That makes perfect sense!

Edited by Le Cruiser

If it says no rates for your selection it likely means your category is sold out.

Thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are also on the sailing, but our category (8C) and occupancy (3) must be sold it.

We did do well, though! We booked last August, and as of February, we had $310 in OBC.

It kind of makes me want to cry though seeing what the balcony guaruntee fares are going for, though! Oh well, such is the life of someone that needs to make plans a year in advance :)

We are cruising on the Breeze next week and we have had the same experience with the rates going down this past week. We checked everyday and saw that the price went down and then called Carnival to get OBC. We now have over $600. I have never seen anything like this before. Maybe we will get more before sailing.

We've gotten some small price/fare reductions on past cruises, but nothing like we've seen on our 5/11/14 Conquest cruise. We're very diligent about checking the Carnival Fare Viewer and has it payed off this time. We originally booked this cruise using Early Saver for the rate of $789/pp, not counting taxes, trip insurance and pre-paid tips. After the latest reduction, we're at $579/pp, with over $500 in OBC. It's almost like getting one person free! Our PVP confirmed each reduction and said he's never seen anything like this before. To everyone who says they can't be bothered or doesn't think you actually DO save money, all I can say is check, check, CHECK!!!! Happy cruising to you all as we quickly approach SINGLE DIGITS! :)

That is awesome! We leave June 1st on the Legend and currently have $1220.00 in OBC between two rooms! $750.00 for our blacony room and $470.00 for our interior room! All from price reductions.

That is awesome! We leave June 1st on the Legend and currently have $1220.00 in OBC between two rooms! $750.00 for our blacony room and $470.00 for our interior room! All from price reductions.

WOW! That's a lot of OBC!! Have fun spending it!

I'm a little confused. When I use the fare finder, I get one price for my balcony cabin category that is less than we paid. When I do a mock booking for the same sale (east coast residents), I get these extra little fees for booking unobstructed and midship etc that bump the rate up to higher than we paid.

How do you tell which is the one to follow when determining if there was a price drop?

We are also on the sailing, but our category (8C) and occupancy (3) must be sold it.

We did do well, though! We booked last August, and as of February, we had $310 in OBC.

It kind of makes me want to cry though seeing what the balcony guaruntee fares are going for, though! Oh well, such is the life of someone that needs to make plans a year in advance :)

Glad you're coming along, CBSMama! We're an 8C as well, booked this cruise last May as soon as we returned from cruise #8.

I'm a little confused. When I use the fare finder, I get one price for my balcony cabin category that is less than we paid. When I do a mock booking for the same sale (east coast residents), I get these extra little fees for booking unobstructed and midship etc that bump the rate up to higher than we paid.

How do you tell which is the one to follow when determining if there was a price drop?

Personally, I never use the "mock booking" tactic. I use Fare Viewer and if I see a lower price, I call my PVP (we have a fantastic one!) to see if we qualify for that. We usually book Early Saver rates, and when we see a price lower than ours we just double check with our PVP. Worse thing that happens is he'll tell us we don't qualify for that, usually because the lower rate includes Carnival picking your cabin, etc. NEVER hurts to call and check.

Thanks so much for this valuable website. I used it to check my fares and there was a price drop of almost $150. I spoke with Carnival about getting a lower fare than the price we will be charged and I got the run around. According to the agent I spoke with, gratuity, port charges etc. have to be added to the published fares on Fare Viewer so we "can compare rates apples to apples". Even after she added all that there was still a $45 price difference Apparently since we booked under the Dreaming of a Vacation sale, I qualified for a reduced deposit and can pay the full fare 30 days before sailing. Within 90 days of sailing Carnival can not adjust my fare. Since I booked in March and the ship sails in June "you had only about 2 days to ask for an adjustment." I was told the low price guarantee on the Carnival website is only valid for 48 hours after booking your fare. The agent I spoke with says I do not qualify for an onboard credit or reduced fare even though final payment has not been made. All she would offer me is an upgrade to another balcony cabin. Since I am booked in a private cove balcony now I dont want to move. Does this sound correct? If I had known I would not have locked myself in to this fare.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for this valuable website. I used it to check my fares and there was a price drop of almost $150. I spoke with Carnival about getting a lower fare than the price we will be charged and I got the run around. According to the agent I spoke with, gratuity, port charges etc. have to be added to the published fares on Fare Viewer so we "can compare rates apples to apples". Even after she added all that there was still a $45 price difference Apparently since we booked under the Dreaming of a Vacation sale, I qualified for a reduced deposit and can pay the full fare 30 days before sailing. Within 90 days of sailing Carnival can not adjust my fare. Since I booked in March and the ship sails in June "you had only about 2 days to ask for an adjustment." I was told the low price guarantee on the Carnival website is only valid for 48 hours after booking your fare. The agent I spoke with says I do not qualify for an onboard credit or reduced fare even though final payment has not been made. All she would offer me is an upgrade to another balcony cabin. Since I am booked in a private cove balcony now I dont want to move. Does this sound correct? If I had known I would not have locked myself in to this fare.

It does sound right. Always book Early Saver! You may pay a higher deposit, but you get the lowest published rate until 2 days before sailing!

Thank you for reviewing my booking. I guess from now on I need to be a better planner. I looked at the calendar and realized DH was turning 50 this year and it was also our 25 anniversary so I quickly booked this cruise as a celebration. Next time we these occasions roll around I will be ready to book early! :D

Thank you for reviewing my booking. I guess from now on I need to be a better planner. I looked at the calendar and realized DH was turning 50 this year and it was also our 25 anniversary so I quickly booked this cruise as a celebration. Next time we these occasions roll around I will be ready to book early! :D

Early Saver is usually available up until only 3 months out from the cruise. So though it is called Early Saver, you can book under the promotion fairly close to the cruise. I am sure either way you have a great price and will have a fantastic cruise!

I just called thinking that I had a price drop. I haven't. My PVP explained that the prices in the fare viewer don't include taxes and gratuities, at the end, I have better price than anything available in my category. But she advised me to keep checking.

I'm really happy I posted my good fortune, especially since it seems to have helped some other cruisers out! And to those who are like us and check the rates often, great job!!! OCB is the best!

Some people have also been doing what we do (again, OUR choice/preference) - always booking Early Saver. Yes, the deposit is more and it's non-refundable, but we book almost a year out so we have PLENTY of time to pay the cruise off, plus we get any fare reductions that occur. I hope everyone else gets the same luck we've had, it's nice seeing people save some money while still having a great cruise. :)

I tried to use if for my carnival spirit cruise but it wouldn't allow me to put in a cruise date. I suspect it is only for those from the USA as the states seem to be all USA. Another perk that us Aussies miss out on.

Could someone please tell me what is a PVP? I assume perhaps a travel agent.