Private tours in Kusadasi

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for private tour operators in Kusadasi. I would like someone that is willing to customize a tour based on what we would like to see and do. (Also, someone that isn't going to force me to watch a carpet presentation. Believe it or not--I already have a dude that I super trust.)

My husband and I have spent some time in Istanbul, so we are very excited for this stop!

Recommendations or who to avoid would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

DG

In September, we used Ephesus Port Tours, and our guide was ****m. It was a great tour of sites.

He took us to the Virgin Mary home, Ephesus (where he guided us), a carpet demo where we had lunch, and then the Temple of Atemis. We wanted to be back at the port to see more of Kusadasi, so that was it.

Cost was just 170 Euros for two people and all day. Very worth it.

Edit- our guide's name starts with a banned word- it's N A Z I M.

Edited by alfaeric

We used Ephesus Shuttle which was great. For $117pp, we had a private driver and guide for 7 hours to stop anywhere we pleased. It also included all admission charges. We went to Ephesus, Terrace Houses, St Johns Basilica, Sirince, Blessed Mother House, a couple statues as well as a place for Turkish Delight. Our guide, Nahide, was very fluent in English and knowledgeable. She did not pressure you about carpets. It was just my husband and I on the tour. The mini van was air conditioned. They are responsive to their customers as well.

We pre-arranged a tour with Ephesus Shuttle. The guide Funda was waiting at the port exit. The tour was well organised, not hurried and did not include any 'shops' visits. The young guide was very knowledgeable, friendly and adapted to our pace. Given that it included admission to the main Ephesus site, the Terrace houses, the House of the BVM and the Artemission site it was very good value and of course returned us to the port in good time. The minibus seemed quite new and scrupulously clean with a pleasant and competent driver.

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for private tour operators in Kusadasi. I would like someone that is willing to customize a tour based on what we would like to see and do. (Also, someone that isn't going to force me to watch a carpet presentation. Believe it or not--I already have a dude that I super trust.)

My husband and I have spent some time in Istanbul, so we are very excited for this stop!

Thank you,

DG

I've gone three times with Levent Solmaz, he is absolutely the best guide. He is very knowledble about Ephesus and you he makes it come alive. Hands down the best tour guide. His website is : http://leventsolmaz.com/meet-levent-solmaz/

Hello,

Thank you,

DG

We have used EKOL twice and have been very satisfied.

We used Ephesus Deluxe. BTW, the only way you will be able to avoid the rug store stop would be to arrange a small private group, as all of the package tours have these stops where the tour company gets a commission.

We used Ephesus Deluxe. BTW, the only way you will be able to avoid the rug store stop would be to arrange a small private group, as all of the package tours have these stops where the tour company gets a commission.

Thanks for the tip on this. That's what I was thinking would be the sitch, but I just can'tttttttt do anotherrrrr ruggggg storrrrrrrreeeeeee. ;-)

So we either need to do private (thanks for all of the suggestions) or small group and drink alotta apple tea.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

We used Ephesus Deluxe, private tour, with 5 in our family. We arranged ahead of time, our itinerary and made clear...NO RUG/CARPET STOP. It was honored and was not mentioned by our guide. We had our itinerary in printed form but never had to use it. Everything we had requested and more. BEST tour we've ever taken.

We used EKOL Travel a couple weeks ago. Our guide, Habi did a great job at all the sites & kept us ahead of the crowds. Nice van and good driver. We did have a demonstration when we stopped for a local lunch but actually enjoyed seeing it. Watching the silk spin from the cocoon was amazing. Just let them know we weren't interested in buying and didn't feel a lot of pressure. I did buy several beautiful silk scarves, though.

Hello,

Thank you,

DG

We used Ekol four years ago. We had an excellent tour. We did not have to see any demonstrations.

I had organized a tour for 24 with BestofEphesus a couple of years ago. We had agreed to 2 groups of 12 but when we arrived they had sent 3 guides so we were able to have 3 smaller groups of 8. The guides were wonderful and very knowledgeable. The vans looked brand new. While we had a general itinerary planned, each guide tailored it to their group ie some wanted to go to the House of Mary, others wanted an authentic Turkish meal, etc. No one was interested in carpets, so we didn't go to the factory. In fact, when a man approached us about buying carpets, our guide quickly told him not to bother us! We had a series of misadventures that day from an accident blocking the road to Sirinse to a large demonstation at the port but our guides handled it all with professionalism and a smile. I would highly recommend this company.

Susan

The tour of the amazing and historical sites of Ephesus are not to be missed. We were met at the cruise port and made the short drive to Ephesus. The Temples and Ancient City are filled with so much history. The House of the Virgin Mary was an amazing highlight. We enjoyed a delicious Turkish lunch at the School of Carpet making overlooking a garden setting. After lunch, we were given a tour of how the carpets are hand-made. We weren't in the market to purchase a carpet, but enjoyed the setting. Our guide was very knowledgeable and provided a thoroughly detailed tour of the ancient ruins. If you are interested in an abundance of historical facts, he would be ideal. We enjoyed our visit to Ephesus and would recommend visiting the sites.

http://dailytoursfromistanbul.com/ephesus-day-tour-fromto-istanbul-by-plane.html

We just returned on Tuesday from the Star. Absolutely fabulous trip from the ship, weather, ports of call, food to the tours, service, and just everything about the cruise. But I cannot say enough about the private tour I booked with Levent Solmenz in Kusadasi. This was my most anticipated port and it far exceeded my high expectations due largely, in part, to Levent & his knowledge. I would not hesitate for a second to book again with him. I am hoping to get back to Turkey for a longer period of time & he told me he would customize an itinerary for us. Simply the best tour guide I've ever had.

We were in Kusadasi last month, and enjoyed a great tour to Ephesus followed by a lunch. Another member of our roll call organized this private tour. We had all agreed we did not want a stop at a rug factory. We used Ephesus Shuttles, and I think all of us were very pleased. A clean and comfortable vehicle, great driver and excellent tour guide made for an enjoyable day.

• 3 months later...
Oh good - thanks Betty - I have booked him for our trip for both Ephesus and Istanbul next May. Now I just have to keep praying Oceania doesn't cancel Turkey!

We booked our tour of Ephesus Sept. 2016 with Levent Solmaz. We are looking forward to his tour. He has been very prompt in answering my emails :)