Ft Lauderdale Hotels

thirstyman1

Just wondering if anyone had any pointers for a pre/post cruise hotels? Free or reasonable shuttle to/from airport and Cruise Port a big bonus! Thanks!:D

Depending on when you plan to cruise you may want to check out Valuetrips.com. I stayed at the Hyatt Place pre-cruise and the rate was $179 plus tax. I was within walking distance of several restaurants and a strip mall that had restaurants, clothing, wine, and grocery stores. The Hyatt Place has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. You call the hotel from the airport and they will send a shuttle for you. There is a shuttle from the hotel that will take you to the cruise port for $7pp. Be sure to let the hotel front desk know that you want to reserve space on the shuttle to the cruise port.

Just wondering if anyone had any pointers for a pre/post cruise hotels? Free or reasonable shuttle to/from airport and Cruise Port a big bonus! Thanks!:D

I see you are new so I'll give you a few pointers

- Utilize the Search function on this site. There are thousands of threads that contain information regarding this type of stuff. Very easy.

- Realize time of year is extremely important in Fort Lauderdale. Prices can vary up to 3 times as much depending on when you travel.

- The Port and Airport are extremely close to each other, as well as the hotels close to both. Taxi fare will run less than shuttles (unless only 1 person going). Don't be intimidated by them . . . Fort Lauderdale is a nice town to visit and a $15 savings isn't worth being stuck at an airport hotel when you can get something on the beach or on 17th street.

- Utilize Priceline, Hotwire or LMT to help save on hotels in the area. Do your research to figure out these hotels . . . many good deals to be found.

Good Luck

Not sure when you are going but I always use Priceline or Hotwire. However this time I wanted to be sure that I got the Gallery One hotel so used Last Minute Travel Club. This is September and rate was only $80.73 per night. On the waterway, across from Publix grocery, CVS drug store and next to Galleria Mall. Cab from airport approx. $25.00 plus tip and to port around $15 to $18.

Firstly, your dates would help tremendously.

Secondly, most Ft. Lauderdale hotels are so close to port that taxis can be as cheap as $10. Don't book for a shuttle.

I just got off the Allure a few weeks ago and we stayed at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale airport and cruise

Port. It is very reasonably priced and is a nice hotel; also, it is walking distance to restaurants. I would recommend! Also, if you book through Costco Travel, you receive a 10% discount! :) enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree don't base your hotel choice on a shuttle.

www.lmtclub.com

They usually offer free membership...just complete the online signup...have used them many times and always great rates.

Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites would be my choice.