Help selecting flight with seat selection

evcas1969

I need to book a one-way flight from MCO to FCO on 6/20/17, but I also want to pick a flight where I'll be able select my desired seat. I presume most of the ChoiceAir fares are the most basic economy flight from the respective airline, and it seems many don't allow changes or seat selection with these fares.

Which airlines will allow me to select my seats furthest in advance when booking through ChoiceAir?

Edited by evcas1969

There are no set rules in this matter.

ChoiceAir could book you in some crappy ticket class that has no benefits in this regard. They could also book you a regular "off the shelf" ticket that's no different to what you get through the airline.

These CruiseAir type things have very little transparency in terms of what you end up with.

If you're picky about what you get avoid CruiseAir. Book through the airline and read the functions of your ticket to see if they allow pre-assignment.

There are no set rules in this matter.

ChoiceAir could book you in some crappy ticket class that has no benefits in this regard. They could also book you a regular "off the shelf" ticket that's no different to what you get through the airline.

These CruiseAir type things have very little transparency in terms of what you end up with.

If you're picky about what you get avoid CruiseAir. Book through the airline and read the functions of your ticket to see if they allow pre-assignment.

This ^^^^ and check your reservation often for any changes (and there will be) so you can respond to any seat change quickly and get the seat you want.

We just booked one way from DTW to BCN through Air2Sea, which is through Royal Caribbean. As soon as I paid for the tickets, they gave me a reservation"code". I then went on the Delta site, used the "code" and found my 6 digit reservation locator. I then used the locator to bring up my reservation and did the seat selection. I have a Delta frequent flyer number, so I logged into the Delta site with my number and password to begin the whole process.

The whole thing took about 5 minutes. This was for business class. Since it was a one way international flight, the price was FAR less than if I had booked it through the airline. Some people book an economy seat and then are allowed (on Delta) to pay for an upgrade to economy comfort.

This is the only time I have ever used the cruise line air booking. I will monitor the reservation every so often to see if they change the type of aircraft. If so, they will automatically change my seats so I would have to select the ones I want to have.

• 5 months later...
We just booked one way from DTW to BCN through Air2Sea, which is through Royal Caribbean. As soon as I paid for the tickets, they gave me a reservation"code". I then went on the Delta site, used the "code" and found my 6 digit reservation locator. I then used the locator to bring up my reservation and did the seat selection. I have a Delta frequent flyer number, so I logged into the Delta site with my number and password to begin the whole process.

The whole thing took about 5 minutes. This was for business class. Since it was a one way international flight, the price was FAR less than if I had booked it through the airline. Some people book an economy seat and then are allowed (on Delta) to pay for an upgrade to economy comfort.

This is the only time I have ever used the cruise line air booking. I will monitor the reservation every so often to see if they change the type of aircraft. If so, they will automatically change my seats so I would have to select the ones I want to have.

We are looking at booking a flight to Rome from DTW as well and normally fly delta. Since you booked business class, does your ticket show sky priority? And are you able to do mobile check in? Wondering if you check in through air2sea or delta.

We are looking at booking a flight to Rome from DTW as well and normally fly delta. Since you booked business class, does your ticket show sky priority? And are you able to do mobile check in? Wondering if you check in through air2sea or delta.

Actual flight check-in will always be with the airline.