Help anyone

Had a email from Thomson, so sorry the hotel you have booked in Barbados for your stay and cruise will not be built in time for your forth coming holiday starting the 12th march 2017 as you might know iam an early booker and this was one year to-day. i booked this holiday for our fifty year,s of being married to my lovely wife as a one off holiday of a lifetime in a new hotel on the beach and a lovely cruise on discovery, they have given me another hotel not of my choise what can i do. any help thank,s Howard

Hi Howard sorry to hear about this I can understand your feelings but can't give any help as it has never happened to us. The only advice I can think of,because you are obviously out of options, is research the hotel, which you have probably already done, and try not to let it spoil the special anniversary which you have had planned for so long. I wish you good luck and hope someone may be able to be more constructive with the advice.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Suppose thomson can't be blamed for the hotel problem but for your 50th wedding anniversary in the circumstances they should surely be offering you a superior room in a five star hotel at the minimum. Anything less would be insulting. Keep us posted!

Suppose thomson can't be blamed for the hotel problem but for your 50th wedding anniversary in the circumstances they should surely be offering you a superior room in a five star hotel at the minimum. Anything less would be insulting. Keep us posted!

Agree! So sorry to hear this - I can imagine your disappointment. Do hope they can offer you something you feel will 'fit the bill' for this special occasion. Good luck - and best wishes for it all to be resolved to your satisfaction and for a fab holiday.

Agree! So sorry to hear this - I can imagine your disappointment. Do hope they can offer you something you feel will 'fit the bill' for this special occasion. Good luck - and best wishes for it all to be resolved to your satisfaction and for a fab holiday.

Thank you everyone for your comments and concerns, we were first offered a hotel which was not compatible with our original booking, we refused this hotel and threatened to cancel the holiday Thomson came back and offered us a hotel Sea Breezes which we have been to before and loved it, double twin room overlooking the beach to which we are very happy.Thanks again for your concerns Howard :D :cool:

Thank you everyone for your comments and concerns, we were first offered a hotel which was not compatible with our original booking, we refused this hotel and threatened to cancel the holiday Thomson came back and offered us a hotel Sea Breezes which we have been to before and loved it, double twin room overlooking the beach to which we are very happy.Thanks again for your concerns Howard :D :cool:

Result! Great news so,ton saint. So pleased you are now happy about the hotel and can look forward to your celebrations with excitement and anticipation. Sounds wonderful. :)