Safe on Discovery

They are not all pin code operated on Discovery. Ours had note saying to lock it with a credit card being swiped across it. Luckily we learned that any card with a black strip would do, and we locked and opened it ok with a nectar card. Wanted our credit cards IN the safe not out of it. Safe free though. We were on deck 2 inside cabin.

Gill

They are not all pin code operated on Discovery. Ours had note saying to lock it with a credit card being swiped across it. Luckily we learned that any card with a black strip would do, and we locked and opened it ok with a nectar card. Wanted our credit cards IN the safe not out of it. Safe free though. We were on deck 2 inside cabin.

Gill

No nectar points deducted ?

Bargain deal !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Gill

How dies that work then Gill? Surely anyone can open your safe with any card :confused:

We were deck 2 outside deck two and we had pin code which we liked.

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Discovery on the 12Th February to the Caribbean Just wondering if the safes are free ..as on previous Thomson ships we had to pay for them

You simply use your door access card, swipe across safe, if open it closes and vice versa. Have a great cruise :D

We're doing Western Med Sept 2017 for Majesty's last season although I did want to do the Baltic on Spirit but thought it too expensive (price went up 2 weeks after brochure came out) Spirit was my first cruise ship and haven't been on her since so wish we'd booked it now Fancy Discovery TA April 2018

Thomson Spirit Oct 2005 Repo Palma to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson Celebration Jan 2007 Red Sea Magic

Ocean Village Feb 2008 Western Caribbean & Central America

Ocean Village Aug 2008 Eastern Med

Ocean Village 2 Feb 2009 Eastern Caribbean

Ocean Village Mar 2010 Eastern Caribbean

Thomson Dream Feb 2011 Eastern Caribbean & Cuba

Thomson Celebration Aug 2011 Eastern Med

Thomson Celebration Apr 2012 Red Sea Magic

Thomson Celebration Apr/May 2012 Repo Sharm el Sheikh to Marmaris

Thomson Dream Feb 2013 Eastern Caribbean

Thomson Majesty Nov/Dec 2014 Colourful Coasts Canaries

Thomson Dream Jan/Feb 2015 Western Caribbean Panama & Cuba

Thomson Dream Apr 2015 Transatlantic Sunset

Thomson Majesty June 2015 Hellenic Classics

Thomson Celebration Sept 2015 Adriatic Affair

Thomson Dream Jan 2016 Mayan Treasures/Cuban Revolution

Thomson Dream April 2016 Atlantic Adventure

Thomson Dream June 2016 Iconic Islands/Adriatic Explorer

Thomson Celebration Jan 2017 Cities of Gold

Thomson Dream April2017 Atlantic Daydream

Thomson Majesty Sept2017 Med Medley/Treasures of Med

Strangely enough we have been looking at that TA for 2018 but never done one in the past, as I have said previously we just love the Caribbean and have done it for the past seven years but the return flight is now a bit much for us:(, even on the Dreamliner, so that may be an option for us as the flight out is fine. Will be looking as soon as the next brochure is out:D. PS I certainly would not use my credit/debit cards for the safe as they have to be inside as far as I am concerned. Think I used the boarding pass last time but it was a long time ago on Destiny;)

Strangely enough we have been looking at that TA for 2018 but never done one in the past, as I have said previously we just love the Caribbean and have done it for the past seven years but the return flight is now a bit much for us:(, even on the Dreamliner, so that may be an option for us as the flight out is fine. Will be looking as soon as the next brochure is out:D. PS I certainly would not use my credit/debit cards for the safe as they have to be inside as far as I am concerned. Think I used the boarding pass last time but it was a long time ago on Destiny;)

PC have you ever thought of flying to Barbados and sailing back with P.O on Azura or Britannia strait in to Southampton coach back to west midland,s job done; imight even see you and give you a wave. :D

PC have you ever thought of flying to Barbados and sailing back with P.O on Azura or Britannia strait in to Southampton coach back to west midland,s job done; imight even see you and give you a wave. :D

Thanks for that Howard we are looking at all the scenario's for 2018, as I say we are ok with the flight out but the jet lag is a bit much and as you know we are reluctant to move from Thomson so wouldn't mind a TA with a flight back from Malaga.

Just as a by the way have you checked out the prices on Discovery for 2018 the premium flight supplement has just gone up from £600 to £800:eek: which would make the cruise 6k for us. Checking our costs over the years our first Caribbean cruise was 4.5k and they have been fairly constant over the past eight years:rolleyes: