What time does OM2 begin boarding at Brooklynn port?

pris993

Not sure what time to arrive for boarding, doing the 14 day cruise to Quebec City and back on 9/27?

Your boarding time should be on your voyage contract and e-ticket. Cunard uses staggered boarding times in that hope that 2600 passengers will not all show up at once. Official boarding times will be between Noon and 3:30. If your deck is not ready for boarding you will be waiting inside the terminal.

The earlier you come the longer the checkin lines because so many come early. If you can come after 2PM you will generally just breeze right through.

If you arrive prior to the advised boarding time you will not be turned away. There might be a line-up to check-in. Once checked in if you are in Britannia, you will be given a numbered card and directed to a large waiting room. You will be called by your numbered group.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond member or booked in the Grills you will check in at a separate line and wait in a separate waiting room. These passengers board first, which generally starts approx. noon - 12:15. Once that room is cleared the general boarding for Britannia guests begins.

Possibly there could be a large number of Brits on board who will not need to check-in since they are in-transit guests. That can shorten the wait times. There is just no way of knowing.

I'm not sure when the check-in desks open, but we have always arrived at the pier at 11:00 a.m. and checked in without a queue of more than two minutes. Because of either our Club status or our stateroom grade we have always boarded at 12:00. We have noticed that the embarkation of those without priority boarding has started very soon after.

If you do not want an embarkation photo taken you can just walk past that area and go up the escalator or lift without delay.

If your deck is not ready for boarding you will be waiting inside the terminal.
Everything I've seen in five Brooklyn embarkations makes me believe that non-elite Britainnia boarding is in order of your actual check-in time. The assigned time shown on your boarding document is staggered by deck (usually we're asked to arrive around 3 PM for Deck 5 except for the one time we booked in Deck 11 when the time was much earlier) but if you arrive earlier than your assigned time you'll join the boarding queue in order of check-in not by order of deck.

I agree that arriving around 2 PM will minimize the amount of time one spends in queue waiting to check in and to board simply because the first wave of arrivals should have dissipated by then.

Porters, yes. I don't recall trolleys. We have mostly rolling luggage that I connect into a sort of a train which works well if there's no snow in the parking lot.

I don't think a porter will move your luggage all the way to the parking lot but they will help you get to the taxi/bus boarding.

Hi there,

Could someone tell me if there are luggage trolleys available (like in airports) at the Brooklyn terminal? Or porters?

Many thanks

Hi ClanMcLean. Upon arriving at the Red Hook Terminal, trolleys are loaded by porters (Longshoremen and women). After disembarking, trolleys are available, but are most often commanded by porters. However, on one occasion disembarking in Red Hook, there was a shortage of porters and we were able to find a trolley, load our luggage, proceed through Customs and out to the parking lot. Other than that one exception, twelve times we disembarked in Brooklyn and always had a porter willing to take the trolley full of our luggage to the parking lot. (Recognizing that this might be considered "extra service", we expressed our thanks and gave the porter a gratuity.)

Hope your experience of the Red Hook Terminal is as favourable as mine has been over the years.:)

Bon voyage,

Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Does anyone have a feel for when the porters start accepting luggage? On my next crossing I would like to attend an 11AM church service in Brooklyn and am wondering if it's possible to drop my bags off around 10 or 10:30.

thanks

Roy

Thank you :)

It's for embarkation, and we will arrive by taxi. We wouldn't normally have so much luggage, but on this occasion we'll be traveling with two extra pieces, which don't have wheels.

Embarkation Taxi drawe up porters take your luggage, make sure your paperwork is not in that luggage😫 next time you see that luggage is on your

bed in your cabin😀

Not sure what time to arrive for boarding, doing the 14 day cruise to Quebec City and back on 9/27?

Normally your boarding time is on your docs, as BlueRiband says. But a friend who's on this cruise said there was no time anywhere on her docs. So she called Cunard and was told it's "open boarding" for this cruise. Since it's following a TA and was sold as a combined crossing/cruise in the UK, there may be so many people in transit that fewer people will be checking in at Brooklyn. If so, this will make a fairly easy process very easy.

Enjoy your cruise!