Nassau Excursion

Mearley09

Looking for tips/advice. (Also posted on my roll call board)

DH and I are on the June 27 sailing on the Oasis, our first time on this ship. We arrive in Nassau at 7am on Sunday and depart at 2pm. From the reviews I have read, Atlantis is not a great bet because of times and very little is open.

We are leaning towards Blue Lagoon, no animal encounters, just the lagoon. It is a 4 hour excursion but takes almost an hour each way for travel? If anyone has experienced this, is this really enough time to enjoy the lagoon? Anyone know how much the water park or other rentals cost?

Should I be leaning towards some other fantastic excursion that I may have missed?

TIA for any help!:o

Subscribing as we have the same hour on Allure next year. Is a Blue Lagoon excursion offered through RCL with the hours? I would love to go there, but it didn't seem possible with the ferry times and short port stay.

We did Blue Lagoon on the Allure last year. With the hours you are in port, it is a good excursion. Atlantis doesn't make sense unless you just go to walk around and go to the adjacent public beach. In this case we did the cruise excursion....it did give us enough time to enjoy the beach, water and water toys. I don't remember the cost of the toys, but it was similar to other places we've been. They should have information on their Web site.

Nassua is a great little spot. It is small enough that we get off the boat and walk around and see most of the attractions, which mostly are free. We eat lunch at the fishfry area and head back to the boat along the beach. With a little shopping mixed in. ;)

It really depends what you want out of your stop in Nassau. It is a brief stop. There are lots of unique things to do by foot for little to no cost, or take a ships excursion to a beach/resort if that is your preference. I think a half day is a waste on Atlantis though.

Nassua is a great little spot. It is small enough that we get off the boat and walk around and see most of the attractions, which mostly are free. We eat lunch at the fishfry area and head back to the boat along the beach. With a little shopping mixed in. ;)

Where exactly is the fish fry area? Is it within walking distance of the ship?

The fish fry area is about a mile maybe mile/half. It was a little further than we thought but we just strolled and took our time. We could see the ship while walking. Try Twin Brothers for lunch. Sometimes, there are guys out cooking on the beachy areas near the restaurants. Give them a try as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

We went to Blue Lagoon on our cruise and we actually loved it. The place was very nice and we felt we had enough time there (even though it was a ship sponsored tour, they allowed us to pick what time we wanted to go back by giving us 2 different times to pick from).

I have a complete review listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures if you are interested. :)

We went to Blue Lagoon on our cruise and we actually loved it. The place was very nice and we felt we had enough time there (even though it was a ship sponsored tour, they allowed us to pick what time we wanted to go back by giving us 2 different times to pick from).

I have a complete review listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures if you are interested. :)

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, it was perfect and a huge help!:D

I don't see Blue Lagoon listed as an excursion through Carnivals website. Can it be booked directly? If so, we'll be in port from 8am to 5pm. How often does the boat go back and forth to the island? Any chance I would be late getting back by booking direct?