Gin Tasting

Eglesbrech

I tried it several times aboard Oriana recently. A nice, fresh-tasting gin served with either a small chunk of passion fruit or grapefruit and a few cardamom seeds. Definitely worth a try but be warned they will always offer you an 'upgrade' to the Anderson's 'Perfect Serve', a double with Fever Tree Tonic. It tasted fine with the standard Britvic Tonic :D.

For info, the other gin that P&O serve that I really like is The Botanist.

I tried it several times aboard Oriana recently. A nice, fresh-tasting gin served with either a small chunk of passion fruit or grapefruit and a few cardamom seeds. Definitely worth a try but be warned they will always offer you an 'upgrade' to the Anderson's 'Perfect Serve', a double with Fever Tree Tonic. It tasted fine with the standard Britvic Tonic :D.

Thanks Andrew. G&T is Mrs Selbourne's favourite tipple. I'm sure that she will give this new Gin a go on Britannia in a few weeks time. Sadly, she's a sucker for the 'Perfect Serve' and is particularly partial to Fever Tree tonic. Sounds as though it's a good job we have a shed load of on board credit to work our way through!

Noooooo. So much better with Fever Tree.

[emoji41] [emoji41] [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Purely in the interests of science I will endevour to get one of each and happily compare them!

Glad it is a fresh one, I don't like the heavier, oily gins.

Good attitude. Research is the way to go.

I do as much as I can.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do they still do flights of gin? I'm sure I read previously somebody had a flight in the crows nest.

I don't believe so. Wine flights in The Glasshouse and beer flights in Brodie's. Both are excellent. The Crows Nest has the great British G&T menu but it's individual servings (singles or doubles). Great choice though. Mrs Selbourne enjoys working her way through them. Hic!

Anyone tried the new Anderson gin as yet?

Is it any good and what does it compare to in terms of flavour profile?

Hi there,

Have not tried it yet but it was distilled at Summerhall in Edinburgh by Pickerings and their gin is great. They have also done some gins for Cunard.

Enjoy!!!!

Hi there,

Have not tried it yet but it was distilled at Summerhall in Edinburgh by Pickerings and their gin is great. They have also done some gins for Cunard.

Enjoy!!!!

Great, I like their oak aged gin and the standard one is fine too so should be to my taste.

Do they still do flights of gin? I'm sure I read previously somebody had a flight in the crows nest.

Yes they do. There were three different flights. We had to try them all just to taste test, then again, and again, and again...yum;p! And good value! £7 odd for 3 singles.

Yes they do. There were three different flights. We had to try them all just to taste test, then again, and again, and again...yum;p! And good value! £7 odd for 3 singles.

That's very interesting. We've never seen those. Mrs Selbourne will be very pleased. We are on Britannia very soon and shall look out for them. We have a hefty chunk of on board credit to eat and drink our way through :D

Which bar is that in please? Must give it a go.

All this talk about gin has forced me to the fridge for a small rhubard and ginger gin with fevour tree and it's only a Thursday night!

Further update - Mrs Selbourne informs me that she tried the Andersons Gin on Aurora recently and approved. However, she recommends the Silent Pool Gin accompanied with Fever Tree Elderflower tonic. Interestingly, I've just trawled through the 24 page Gin menu and there's no mention of Gin Flights. We shall go on a mission on Britannia shortly. Rude not to.

Which bar is that in please? Must give it a go.

All this talk about gin has forced me to the fridge for a small rhubard and ginger gin with fevour tree and it's only a Thursday night!

It was in the crows nest. Our waiter advised us of it and we obvs had to take his advice lol. Just ask when u get there. They were called northern, southern and I don't remember the third for obvious reasons...but I can highly recommend! Along with the Laverstoke cocktail. Delicious!

Further update - Mrs Selbourne informs me that she tried the Andersons Gin on Aurora recently and approved. However, she recommends the Silent Pool Gin accompanied with Fever Tree Elderflower tonic. Interestingly, I've just trawled through the 24 page Gin menu and there's no mention of Gin Flights. We shall go on a mission on Britannia shortly. Rude not to.

Silent pool gin, elderflower cordial ( shaken with ice)and topped up with champagne .......delicious .Known as "Whisper"

That's very interesting. We've never seen those. Mrs Selbourne will be very pleased. We are on Britannia very soon and shall look out for them. We have a hefty chunk of on board credit to eat and drink our way through :D

The gin menu aboard Britannia is fantastic....had great fun working my way through them all!!