Hale Koa Luau????

widehunters3

We will be on the island of Oahu for 6 nights the middle of May 2011. We are looking to attend a small luau. We have a house rented North Shore for our stay.

I know the PPC is much closer, but after my husband read a couple of reviews he is totally turned off by this one. He is not willing to spend the entire day.

I just recently stumbled across the option of Hale Koa Luau. I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thank you

We have gone to HK Luau three times over the 10 years we have been staying at the hotel. It is held in a beautiful "Luau Garden" Meal is served. Seats are reserved. One drink included, and you can purchase additional drinks if you so desire. Entertainment is good--better in later years than the earlier one. Price is quite reasonable. Tickets are available to non-military if there is seating available. Held on Monday and Thursday nights. Well worth the cost, and certainly beats travel to other luaus!

If you go--ENJOY!

Thanks for the Hale Koa luau information. You said that non-military people could attend if seating was available. Does that mean that you can't make advance reservations? We have heard that it is very well done and would like to do that some day.

I think you can make reservations ahead of time, but call them and check it out. I'm staying in April and had my reservations weeks ago, but I'm staying at the hotel! The number is (808) 955-0555. It is only $50/pp so MUCH cheaper than any other on the island!

Thanks so much windhunters for posting this. I, too, want to see luau but dont' want to endure long van/bus rides to and fro. DH and I will be in HNL on a Thursday this Dec 2011, so I will definately keep this in mind. This luau has good reviews on the travel sites. I'll have to see how far away this location is from my hotel. You can also check them out on youtube. Many, many thanks.

Now, to get the nerve to buy plane tickets. Yikes. Next time I see them drop below $1000, I'm pulling the trigger. Now all this earthquake stuff. Sometimes, I think of backing out. Hope this simmer down by Dec. My prays go out for the people in Japan.

Thanks so much windhunters for posting this. I' date=' too, want to see luau but dont' want to endure long van/bus rides to and fro. DH and I will be in HNL on a Thursday this Dec 2011, so I will definately keep this in mind. This luau has good reviews on the travel sites. I'll have to see how far away this location is from my hotel. You can also check them out on youtube. Many, many thanks.

Now, to get the nerve to buy plane tickets. Yikes. Next time I see them drop below $1000, I'm pulling the trigger. Now all this earthquake stuff. Sometimes, I think of backing out. Hope this simmer down by Dec. My prays go out for the people in Japan.[/quote']

Regarding airfares...you might try getting to LAX or SFO and then to HNL. Sometimes it is at least $200 less than a round trip from the midwest or eastern U.S to Honolulu. Cherie

Edited by cccole

• 5 years later...
We have gone to HK Luau three times over the 10 years we have been staying at the hotel. It is held in a beautiful "Luau Garden" Meal is served. Seats are reserved. One drink included' date=' and you can purchase additional drinks if you so desire. Entertainment is good--better in later years than the earlier one. Price is quite reasonable. Tickets are available to non-military if there is seating available. Held on Monday and Thursday nights. Well worth the cost, and certainly beats travel to other luaus!

If you go--ENJOY![/quote']

Is there a lei?

Do we get a lei?

In January of this year they were still giving a shell lei greeting. To make certain, perhaps an email to them would be best.

We will be there in July

Was the lei provided as you entered? Or did u make it yourself?

Are you staying at a Waikiki Hotel? Many of the hotels give flower or shell leis when you arrive. I know I have asked the concierge for a flower lei and it is not a problem. Even if the hotel charged you $5 it would be nice. I am not sure how much the leis are at the ABC Stores, but they are very reasonable, I think the shell leis are about $1. I like the flower leis and would splurge for one of those. JMO Cherie