Pan American pier to Old San Juan - cheapest option?

michelle028

Your best option is to take a taxi from the pier to old town...should be approx $18.00 depending on where in town you are dropped off. Taxi's are by zone never per person..very honest and regulated..they should give you a fee fact sheet with all this explained before entering the taxi at the pier.

How are you getting to the pier in the first place ?

Your best option is to take a taxi from the pier to old town...should be approx $18.00 depending on where in town you are dropped off. Taxi's are by zone never per person..very honest and regulated..they should give you a fee fact sheet with all this explained before entering the taxi at the pier.

How are you getting to the pier in the first place ?

Thx for your reply. We are going to the ship by taxi with all our luggage but since the ship doesn't leave til 8pm we thought of doing some more exploring. Is there anything close by the pan am pier without going to osj?

Thx for your reply. We are going to the ship by taxi with all our luggage but since the ship doesn't leave til 8pm we thought of doing some more exploring. Is there anything close by the pan am pier without going to osj?

Having been out of both ports in San Juan I can say there is nothing really to see near the Pan American pier. Go into OSJ, so much better than by the Pan American pier, especially if you haven't been to San Juan before. I mean absolutely no comparison. I love the atmosphere, the buildings, the streets in Old San Juan. And other than the taxi fare you don't have to spend any money and still enjoy walking around and experiencing that part of the city. Check into a self walking tour like this one to see what there. This is part 1. Near the end of this there is a link to part 2. There are 4 parts in total.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/old-san-juan-walking-tour-1/

If you haven't been to Old San Juan it's an excellent idea to check it out. Taxi should be around 20.00. There is a bus garage in OSJ and I think one of the routes might have a stop fairly close to the ship, but you'd have to do some google research to verify that:p When we stay in the Condado area we usually uber to OSJ and ride the bus back as it's easy to catch them in the garage down there.

• 3 weeks later...

In April my friend and I went to the ship, had lunch, changed out of our travel clothes and went into OSJ by cab. We hooked up with 5 other women in the terminal who were also looking to go there. We went out to the sidewalk and got a van/taxi. It was $4 each and he dropped us off near the entrance to the fort. Our ride back we grabbed a cab just the two of us. I can't remember what we paid then. But cabs are regulated and based on zones.

The cab from the airport was $25. There are two taxi stands. We went out the door to the far right if you're standing facing the street with your back to the luggage carousels. Follow the path out to the street and it's right there on the left. We waited in line maybe 5 minutes. They move people into cabs fast. A woman was walking the line asking where you were going and giving you a card to give to the driver. Great system.

Hi Everyone,

We are family of 4 going on Adventure of the Seas. What is the cheapest way to get to Old San Juan after checking into the cruise terminal at the Pan American Pier.

Thanks for your help!

An alternative would be to take the taxi from airport/hotel to Barrachina and check your luggage. Wander around then go back and retrieve luggage and take taxi to Pan Am pier. This might save a little $ on taxi fare. Just make sure you allow enough time to get to pier and check-in on time.