First cruise

mae56

Greetings,

Have booked my very first cruise. This cruise is to celebrate my Mother's 85th birthday. Wanted to do something special and because she has some mobility problems we decided a cruise would be a perfect holiday for her.

Looking forward to trying this new type of vacation.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, and your first cruise. A word of caution, though, cruising can become addictive! I'm sure your mother will enjoy being pampered for her birthday.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

What a wonderful way to celebrate your mother's 85th birthday.

You may want to take her to a specialty restaurant on the ship to celebrate,

If she has mobility issues, you can rent walker/rollators, wheelchairs, etc., for on the ship. I use Care Vacations.

Thank you for the welcome! We will be cruising to Alaska with Holland America. The ship is the Noordam.

I have been reading everything I can on the forums. A wealth of information here. I love it!

Hi Folks,

We are booked on the Noordam for a one week cruise to Alaska. I am so looking forward to a new experience.

I am going to keep my fingers crossed for some nice weather. From all the threads that I have been reading it appears that you need to be prepared for just about anything. Hopefully, the weather will be fair in July.:)

Hi Folks,

We are booked on the Noordam for a one week cruise to Alaska. I am so looking forward to a new experience.

I am going to keep my fingers crossed for some nice weather. From all the threads that I have been reading it appears that you need to be prepared for just about anything. Hopefully, the weather will be fair in July.:)

Welcome to CC and HAL. We just left the Noordam yesterday after two back-to-back weeks of perfect Alaska weather. In any case, the wildlife are oblivious to the rainy weather.

Here is a link to my scanned Main Dining Room menus that will be the same for your cruise:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-alaska-inside-passage-noordam-7-day/

To help in your planning, here are the scanned Specialty Restaurant, Beverage, and Room Service menus:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/

Here are scanned copies of our On Locations (daily activities) to give you an idea of what to expect:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/

I should have my photographic tour of the Noordam on my website next week.

Make sure you join your roll call and feel free to ask questions. Prior planning makes for a cruise with no surprises.