Semi Live Carnival Pride review. March 7-16th.

Dave994

DS at his favorite portrait.

ra7yzuga.jpg

umyzuny5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Best picture yet! LOL

We did at set of those when we sailed on the Pride.

MIL you are cracking me up.

I hope they change the decor in drydock because the ship seemed so dark with that artwork and woodwork.

Enjoy your trip

We sailed the Pride in January and there was allot of nudity in the décor. I think they'll get rid of all of that in dry dock, any thoughts on this?

I would be very sad if they changed the décor of the Pride. I think she is the best decorated ship Carnival has.

So I guess I have hijacked the thread as I seem to post more then the OP (son in Law) maybe I should have put DSIL.... slight oversight.

K love you guys to death but tell me????? who (not being critical mind you) but who really goes to target not once but twice when on vacation or was one of them Walmart don't remember.

I am sure you are all having a wonderful time and too busy to post so in defense of DSIL he does not want to take valuable vacation time away from DW and DC and will probably do a good review after he returns home.

Home in 2 days then you can listen to my count down. I am ziplinning one day, diving one and taking a sea plane to a small island another to do a fishing excersion ........... I might drop by a target.

I would be very sad if they changed the décor of the Pride. I think she is the best decorated ship Carnival has.

LOL!!! And I think it's the UGLIEST ship I've ever cruised on!!!:D:D

Could care less about the nudes, although, DD would say different:rolleyes::eek:

The ship was just SO dark.........

Then we did the Breeze, and there is NO way in HE "double hockey sticks", that I would go back on that ship.......

Mother in law ......last post..........K I ..........I sometimes do pop into target and walmart on vacation........I don't dive and the only thing I do with fish is eat them.Sorry I got carried away at my desk at work. I hope you guys had an amazing vacation and look forward to hearing about it.

Mother in law ......last post..........K I ..........I sometimes do pop into target and walmart on vacation........I don't dive and the only thing I do with fish is eat them.Sorry I got carried away at my desk at work. I hope you guys had an amazing vacation and look forward to hearing about it.

Ellie,

As soon as DSIL gets home you need to set him down in front of his computer and have him upload pics and do a full review! :D

I attempted a 'Live from' review one time and the on board internet about drove me insane. Posts would disappear and pictures took forever to upload.

BTW I also have enjoyed your 'live from back home' posts while DSIL and family lives it up on their cruise. I was excited when he began this thread, then with each post I waited for the next and then......nothing. :o But having been on his end of it I know he had good intentions, but the technology just isn't there yet; it co$ts a lot and provides VERY little.

Awwww thanks Paul I was enjoying myself posting.I could have gotten really carried away but held back after all don't want to have to deal with the wrath of the kids. I just want them back so I can have my suitcase to pack for my cruise now.

Lol. We are home and yes, the internet on board coupled with computer issues prevented me from posting. Waiting at BWI for our flight home and I will do a full review with pics tonight and tomorrow as I have one more day off. :)

I apologize for the lack of posts. I had fully intended on posting more but the internet on board is brutal and I couldn't get a solid connection in ports like I was last time.

Can you tell me how far the mall is from the port and how did you get there? :) THanks!

The mall is about 20 min or so from the port and there is a shuttle service that takes you. It was $12 return per person and it took you to the mall, a Walmart, tj maxx and one other place I don't remember.

Thanks for the info! One more question.. did you dock at 10 am and if so, did you have plenty of time to get to the airport? Our flight is at 1:30 and I don't want to stress out about it.. Can't wait for your review!

Thanks for the info! One more question.. did you dock at 10 am and if so, did you have plenty of time to get to the airport? Our flight is at 1:30 and I don't want to stress out about it.. Can't wait for your review!

We didn't get off the ship until around 11:30am. If you have a flight at 1:30pm and your worried, do self assist debark and you should be fine unless you have bad weather coming back. The cruise before ours didn't get in until 1:30pm or so I think. Hope that helps.

How did you like the decor and would you sail on this ship again?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't mind the decor. Its not how I would decorate my apartment by any means but it doesn't really affect my cruise in any way. And this was our second trip on the pride and I would sail her again any time. I would wait until the 2.0 refurb happens though for me as I really like the additions they are adding.

Already wanting to book another cruise :)

That's what I would be waiting for. How was the entertainment? A lot of people on here complain about the entertainment and Carnival for that matter saying the food, service and entertainment has gone downhill.

That's what I would be waiting for. How was the entertainment? A lot of people on here complain about the entertainment and Carnival for that matter saying the food, service and entertainment has gone downhill.

This for me was a bit of a let down and a reason I would look at other cruise lines. We sailed the pride 2 years ago and the shows we saw this time were almost exactly the same with a new cast and a few added songs. I can't speak to what carnival was like back in the day, but to have the same shows 2 years later is not what I expected. Our last cruise had the live music on the lido and I miss that as well as it was enjoyable.

As for the dining, the food itself was very good, however I have noticed the service this time around was much slower.

I will do a full review as well when I get back home. Overall we had a great cruise and enjoyed the experience.

Glad you had a good time! Looking forward to the review and pics:) will be on her in 3 weeks! Can't wait. Sailed her last feb but it's always fun hearing about other people's experiences. Booked her for may 2015 too! Excited about the 2.0 upgrades:p:D

she's our go to ship now that we have 2 young children lol its nice not having to fly :)

Does anyone know when the Pride will sail out of Tampa in Oct-Nov 2015? Otherwise I saw 499 balcony out of Baltimore and how was Freeport?

First sailing in Tampa (fresh out of dry dock) is 11/9/14. Last will be the repo cruise back to Baltimore on 3/15/15. Here is the link to the press release:

http://carnival-news.com/2014/01/30/carnival-cruise-lines-port-of-baltimore-announce-resumption-of-year-round-service-from-baltimore-in-march-2015/

i will be on the pride apr 13 and can't wait. it will be my 4th cruise on the pride. i do have a question for you and that is have they got the new menu on the pride or is it the normal menu.

Still the normal Menu on the Pride this past week. Sorry :(