Royal Princess - Proposal Ideas and Contact Person

davidh119

Hi all, my girlfriend and I (and our parents) will be going on a cruise in July on the Royal Princess from Rome to Athens. The day at sea just so happens to be her birthday and I am thinking of proposing on that day. Does anyone know who I should reach out to in order to arrange something? Would it be the cruise director that I should speak with? If so, is it possible to contact him or her before boarding the ship?

Also, if anyone has any proposal ideas or location suggestions I'm all ears. I was thinking that the SeaWalk may be nice and to hire a Princess photographer to be on hand.

Thank you all for your help and ideas in advance.

Hi all, my girlfriend and I (and our parents) will be going on a cruise in July on the Royal Princess from Rome to Athens. The day at sea just so happens to be her birthday and I am thinking of proposing on that day. Does anyone know who I should reach out to in order to arrange something? Would it be the cruise director that I should speak with? If so, is it possible to contact him or her before boarding the ship?

Also, if anyone has any proposal ideas or location suggestions I'm all ears. I was thinking that the SeaWalk may be nice and to hire a Princess photographer to be on hand.

Welcome to Cruise Critic......

Depending on when and where yes the CD would be a good start.

It all depends on what you have in mind. Do you want something public, then yes the CD, may be appropriate.

If a little more private , but you want it photographed , then coordinate with the photo department. I think a good location would be the sun deck (17) over the skywalk . I guess that would also depend on he time of day. Another location would be on Lido deck AFT near the Outrigger .

If you want something during meal service then talk to your head waiter or maitre d , I am sure they can arrange something special and also coordinate with the photo studio.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may wish to start here by reviewing the packages. http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/romance/

If you don't want to go that route you may want to make reservations for dinner a at one of the specialty restaurants, Crown Grill or Sabatini's. Once on board speak with the photo dept and ask for a photographer to be at the restaurant whatever time you request.

If you want something really public you will have to speak with the CD.

when you talk to the photo dept ask them to video tape the proposal... they can do that and add it to the cruise video, sometimes it is added as a separate feature... nice keep sake.

If you have a balcony, do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. It's $100 per couple. Great food, fantastic service. A professional photographer will come to your cabin, one photo is included with the dinner, but you can buy more. It's also very private and very romantic!

If you have a balcony, do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. It's $100 per couple. Great food, fantastic service. A professional photographer will come to your cabin, one photo is included with the dinner, but you can buy more. It's also very private and very romantic!

Most balconies on the Royal Princess are 9'x4'. The balcony can accommodate two, but it is definitely too small for the six people the OP indicated he wanted at the event.. There are a few cabins as well as full suites that have larger balconies.

Personally, I'd never want to be proposed to on a birthday or any other occasion. I'd want it to be its own special occasion...and never in public. But, some people would disagree with me. Since I don't know you, you really have to decide first if private or public. If private, why not do it in a beautiful place you are visiting in Italy. Wait, that could mean very public...but super romantic too. It sure would make for a special to revisit over the years!

My husband proposed to me by sending me on a sort of scavenger hunt to places we went while dating giving me clues in short poems/riddles for the next place, collecting a single rose at each, then the final location was where we first met and where I had gathered a total of a dozen roses and was proposed to. My family, friends, and daughter were each part of the process making it very special.

I hope yours turns out exactly how the two of you expect!

We had one cruise on the Royal and that was enough. You can not fit two people and a celery seed on the balcony, much less dine on it (We had a Mini-Suite on Marina Deck). Also, we were below the Sea Walk which proved to be gross. Did not use the useless balcony after that experience.

We were on the Emerald for a 28 day Med cruise in 2015 when a man got down on one knee in Sabatini's (one of the upper decks) and everyone clapped. It was lovely. On the Royal, Sab's was just off of the Atrium and (I think) without windows. If they have windows, they are negligible, at best. Not fun. The CG (Crown Grill) shared space with a lounge banging out show tunes. It stunk; BIG TIME. What was worse? Clanging dishes or show tunes? They both overlapped each other. UGH.

Be careful in your proper planning. That ship is a challenge, at best. I would go outside aft above the wake for anything special, such as a proposal and for pictures. Anywhere else, not so much.

My original idea was an amazing race/scavenger hunt type of proposal too. But I ultimately decided during the cruise because both our parents will be there, and I think she will like it very much for her parents to be there.

Yeah the only doubt in my mind was whether or not to do it on her birthday. Hearing you express the same concern makes me think it might be better to plan something earlier in the trip like when we're in Rome or Sicily.

Personally, I'd never want to be proposed to on a birthday or any other occasion. I'd want it to be its own special occasion...and never in public. But, some people would disagree with me. Since I don't know you, you really have to decide first if private or public. If private, why not do it in a beautiful place you are visiting in Italy. Wait, that could mean very public...but super romantic too. It sure would make for a special to revisit over the years!

My husband proposed to me by sending me on a sort of scavenger hunt to places we went while dating giving me clues in short poems/riddles for the next place, collecting a single rose at each, then the final location was where we first met and where I had gathered a total of a dozen roses and was proposed to. My family, friends, and daughter were each part of the process making it very special.

I hope yours turns out exactly how the two of you expect!