Jolly Pirates 9-1 or 2-5?

descotes

I think I've narrowed it down to doing the Jolly Pirates. Me, DD, DS (16) and DS (14).

We have a long time in Aruba 8-11pm so I was originally thinking to do the morning tour with lunch and then go to a beach. Not sure about second half of day yet but the morning tour is 4 hours vs. the afternoon that's 3 hours.

The afternoon one may be nice too and do the beach in the morning. Any thoughts or recommendations?

We prefer the morning cruise so we can snorkel the Antilla. Being further from the coast than the other snorkel spots, it is usually a bit calmer in the morning. ;) You can spend the afternoon at the beach afterwards.

We prefer the morning cruise so we can snorkel the Antilla. Being further from the coast than the other snorkel spots, it is usually a bit calmer in the morning. ;) You can spend the afternoon at the beach afterwards.

awesome! Thank you

I'm so jealous! We have been to Aruba a couple of time and LOVE the Jolly Pirates trip! I also suggest the morning. The water will be MUCH calmer.

The guys who work on the ship are the funniest crew we have encountered and they got pretty attached to our early 20's daughters. Very funny and hospitable.

Be sure to snorkel the wall (I think it's called). For us it was the third and last stop and they anchor about 100 yards from the rocky / small cliff shore. This was the best snorkeling for us and we got to see squid for the first time. This is also where they provided lunch and it was actually VERY good. It was a BBQ type chicken with some good sides.

Also, as you walk on the dock back towards the beack you'll have access to 3 or 4 bars. Moombas is great and have some nice shade trees to people watch, chill and grab a cool drink.

Keep an eye out for the stray dogs who are pretty popular in this section. They are very non aggressive and generally don't want to be around people. You can make some friends if you bring some dog treats for them.

Enjoy yourself!!

I'm so jealous! We have been to Aruba a couple of time and LOVE the Jolly Pirates trip! I also suggest the morning. The water will be MUCH calmer.

The guys who work on the ship are the funniest crew we have encountered and they got pretty attached to our early 20's daughters. Very funny and hospitable.

Be sure to snorkel the wall (I think it's called). For us it was the third and last stop and they anchor about 100 yards from the rocky / small cliff shore. This was the best snorkeling for us and we got to see squid for the first time. This is also where they provided lunch and it was actually VERY good. It was a BBQ type chicken with some good sides.

Also, as you walk on the dock back towards the beack you'll have access to 3 or 4 bars. Moombas is great and have some nice shade trees to people watch, chill and grab a cool drink.

Keep an eye out for the stray dogs who are pretty popular in this section. They are very non aggressive and generally don't want to be around people. You can make some friends if you bring some dog treats for them.

Enjoy yourself!!

Thanks for all the info Mikey. Is it a good place to sit and relax on the beach there after?

descotes -

To answer your question yes there are places to sit on the beach around Moombas. There will be several companies who rent chairs and an umbrella or you can just plop down and sit.

• 2 months later...

Wondering is it possible to make the morning tour from a cruise ship? Our ship isn't scheduled to dock until 8 am so making the ten minute drive over and arriving 30 minutes prior seems at least a little dubious. Do they make small allowances for cruise ship passengers?

• 3 weeks later...