Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

Well we took the plunge today on our 1st ever MSC cruise sailing in 2017!

We will be on Meraviglia in an Aurea Corner Suite on Deck 13... the deck the bridge hangs right over!

I can see that we will have quite a bit of shade but whether it's all shade that we won't really know until we see more photos! :cool:

There aren't that many corner suites available of course and that one on deck 13 was the only one left for the cruise leaving Barcelona on the 7th July.

We like to cruise the last week in June, 1st few weeks in July as it suits both our businesses and it's usually before the kids break up on the UK school hols.

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of new photos coming out!

It's very exciting being on a brand new ship, we sailed on the Britannia just 2 months after she set sail and we were on the Escape inaugural from Hamburg which was an amazing cruise even though it was only 3 nights long! :)

We've done a few cruises now but not done a Western Med as yet so it will contain a few new ports for us & we had a city break in Barcelona a few years ago so it will be a good excuse to fly in a few days before the cruise again!

Well done Kikki. Plus we now have a Roll Call! [emoji106]

Anthony & Jenny, Melbourne Australia

Cruised MSC YC 7th June 2015, Mediterranean.

Booked MSC Meraviglia in YC 19/6/17

Indeed we do! Bit far out as yet & need to think of excursions of what to do for our upcoming Celebrity cruise next! :D

Got a fair idea of what I, I mean we, want to see next year go!

I will want to go up to Taormina for sure in Sicily as totally loved it last time I was there! Amazing town! :)

Well we took the plunge today too on our very first cruise. We will be on Meraviglia in an Aurea Duplex Suite on Deck 9.

Was looking at the Splendida and then noticed this brand new boat and the cabins just looked wonderful.

We're going first week of August.

Looking forward to a fantastic experience with our young son and teen daughter.:)

Can't wait to see some real photos of the boat and cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sailing Sept 8, 2017 out of Barcelona. Originall booked a single yacht club guarantee, but now have a friend joining me so we booked a yacht cliub cabin on deck 15 overlooking the bow. Planning on a one night hotel stay in Barcelona to get over the flight. Hoping this ship is better than Divina

Booked a Bella B1 Balcony (guarantee) on the Meraviglia today for the June 9, 2017 sailing out of Barcelona. Have sailed Divina twice, and also booked on the December 23, 2017 Seaside sailing.

Booked this sailing primarily because I was looking for something near the end of the first half of 2017 (May/June), in Europe, not longer than 7 nights, that stopped in Valletta. But I also wanted something that would have some new ports for us, and this was perfect. Barcelona, Marseilles, Genoa, Messina and Valletta will all be new ports for us. Docked at Naples once before and did a private excursion to the Amalfi Coast. So this time maybe we'll try to get to Pompeii, especially since our time is pretty short in Naples.

It does seem strange that we'll be joining the inaugural sailing for a couple days, since they have multiple embarkation ports within each sailing. As our departure time from Barcelona is not until 9:00pm, I'm hoping to do some sightseeing around Barcelona on embarkation day before boarding the ship.

Thanks to everyone for all the information about this ship posted throughout the thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I'm new to Cruise Critic, and new to cruising too! We've cruised DCL in the Bahamas, and our next cruise is booked for April 2017 DCL Southern Caribbean.

We are contemplating a big family reunion on a Mediterranean cruise from Palermo, Italy in 2018. My grandpa was stationed in Palermo, Italy during WWII, and my family has grown up listening to his stories hence the reason for Palermo.

The only cruise I've found so far for 2018 from Palermo is MSC abroad the Meraviglia via Expedia. I understand it's still being built, but what insight do you all have for a newbie looking to book the MSC Merviglia?

TIA

Probably best to book through TA. I like MSC product but their website is woeful. If you had a TA they could deal with any issues for you.

Also MSC is very European in style and service, there won't be many Americans on board and English won't be the majority language.

This doesn't bother me as I have travelled all over Europe and don't speak any other languages. As long as you can count to 10 in foreign language you will be fine.

Besides this might not be a problem for you as you will be in a large group. There are some great reviews on this board who describe what MSC is like. Have a read of those and see if you like the sound of MSC.

Have fun on what ever you chose.

Also Italy has quite a comprehensive rail network so you could sail out of a different port and still spend time in Palermo.

Just booked Y1 inside on MSC Meraviglia sailing out from Genova on August 6, 2017.

Same itinerary as our MSC Poesia cruise on May 1, 2016. Only 12 days left (we can't wait), but the new ship and new experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning a cruise on the Meraviglia, sailing from Barcelona, how do I work out which side of the ship will get the most sun

Basically you will need a sea day or half day to get the sun on a balcony. if the sea day is east to west you will need a port side cabin, if I is west to east yen a starboard cabin.

if the sea day is N to S or S to N you will get the sun on both sides of the ship just at different times of the day.

I have specified a port side cabin for myself when sail from Valletta to Barcelona on a Sept sailing.

Moist of her itineraries sail either from Valletta or Tunis to Barcelona. so if you want the sun do as I did and book a port side cabin.

Pete

I have to say that she looks amazing from what photos I've seen. Just seen a load of photos from Instagram too.

Seems MSC have borrowed ideas from RCI as per the amusement park & the aft entertainment set up!

Last week I booked a Yacht Club Inside room on the inaugural MSC Meraviglia (June 4th, 2017) cruise as well as the following week on the ship as well (June 11th, 2017), albeit in a Yacht Club Wellness room. My wife and I are very much looking forward to it, as we've never been to Europe...or on MSC for that matter, as our first cruise with the line is this December on the MSC Divina! :)

Considering a cruise on this great new ship.

Looking at some mock bookings, I've noticed that an inside YC cabin is more expensive than a standard balcony cabin. I have cruised on the Splendida but not in YC and keen to try one. For those that have exp with YC, I would be keen to know your thoughts. Considering I can't drink much for health reasons & DW isn't a big drinker either, Is the extra cost for an inside YC worth it over a standard balcony?

t.i.a