Is Quisine worth it?

Highly Sociable

This will be our first Celebrity cruise. Our cruise line of choice is Cunard and we have found that the MDR has been perfect each evening as the food is of good quality. however on our last Cunard cruise we did Verandah one evening and were blown away by the quality of both the food and the service.

We are on Infinity in July with our adult children and thought that Qisine maybe worth looking at, as we are on board for 11 nights and so will have plenty of opportunity.

Please, what are your thoughts and recommendations?

We tried Qisine and while it was unique the food was just meh. I would describe it as an Apple Bee's or TGI Fridays with an up grade in atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of agree that the food is just alright. I have never been blown away by the meals there. However, I always suggest that everyone go at least once for the presentation and the fun experience. It's unlike anything else I've done on a ship. And I have to say that we go once every cruise - usually with people who haven't been before.

Michael

On our recent Eclipse cruise, we took advantage of a first-night 50% discount to try Qsine as we had never done it before. The presentation of the food was great fun, there are lots of selections, and we had the good fortune to be seated next to a wonderful couple and had such a good time with them. I'm glad we went the one time.

With having said that, we probably wouldn't return for two reasons:(1) the food was OK and a couple items were very good but not good enough for us to return. (2) we felt that going with a group would enhance the experience and it's not the best for just 2. I think it would be much more fun with a whole family or a group. However, I'm glad we tried it as we were curious about it.

This will be our first Celebrity cruise. Our cruise line of choice is Cunard and we have found that the MDR has been perfect each evening as the food is of good quality. however on our last Cunard cruise we did Verandah one evening and were blown away by the quality of both the food and the service.

We are on Infinity in July with our adult children and thought that Qisine maybe worth looking at, as we are on board for 11 nights and so will have plenty of opportunity.

Please, what are your thoughts and recommendations?

Once, for fun.

While not fine dining, Qsine is a lot of fun. We usually go at least once on a cruise. I would describe it as upscale tapas with wonderful presentation. We find the food to be quite good.

While not fine dining, Qsine is a lot of fun. We usually go at least once on a cruise. I would describe it as upscale tapas with wonderful presentation. We find the food to be quite good.

I second this comment. Well said and as always, food is subjective.

And a third.

( Tho vastley different from a Cunard sailing )

Edited by wallie5446

We have done it twice. The first time we had a really fun time. The second time it was less enjoyable in that the novelty was gone. The food is good, but not fine cuisine. I also think $45 pp is a bit high. I would recommend to anyone to try it once, but not twice.

It's a very unique dining experience. I like the upscale tapas description. The food is good but not great but we love the quirkiness. It's fun and relaxed. Great Sangria too.:) We dined at Qsine twice a few weeks ago on the Reflection. For us this is not a one time thing. We will miss it on the EQ.

Edited by cruisingator2

We've done Qsine twice and will do it again on our next cruise. We think the food there is pretty good, some items very tasty, some not as much. What is nice is that you aren't stuck with only one entree like at a typical restaurant, which hopefully is to your liking, otherwise you won't have a good experience. With so many selections to try, you will certainly find one of more that please you.

Cruising is more than just food for us. Having fun is equally, if not more, important, and Qsine certainly gives us fun. We aren't food snobs, which makes it easy for us to look forward to the next time.

Edited by PTMary

These questions always make me chuckle--food is SO subjective, of course you are going to get a variety of opinions.

We like Qsine with a group for the fun--it is an experience, and to us way more fun than a OTT dinner in Murano. We did it twice on our last cruise for a 50% discount each time. We had a server who made it fun, too.

If you are looking for haute cuisine, this is not it--but the last few meals I have had in Murano were not good at all, and not fun!!!

Could someone please tell me about Qsine?

When I last sailed Celebrity, there were no specialty restaurants.

What makes it special and fun?

I understand from the replies it is a tapa's restaurant. It cost $45. Does that include the sangria? Do they bring around little plates of food or do you order off a menu?

Thanks.

... I understand from the replies it is a tapa's restaurant. It cost $45. Does that include the sangria? Do they bring around little plates of food or do you order off a menu? ...

Qsine is small plates but not Spanish style tapas. Alcoholic drinks are not included. You order off a menu but the waiters often suggest changes to your order if they have dishes to suggest.

Could someone please tell me about Qsine?

When I last sailed Celebrity, there were no specialty restaurants.

What makes it special and fun?

I understand from the replies it is a tapa's restaurant. It cost $45. Does that include the sangria? Do they bring around little plates of food or do you order off a menu?

Thanks.

It's not traditional tapas, it's more small plates. The spring rolls are delivered in actual springs, the lava crab appears to be set in a bowl of 'lava', etc. There is a wide variety on offer, and you order from an ipad. Your server helps you decide how many dishes are appropriate for the size of your party. If some items come in a set of two, and you have 8 people, they will bring 4 sets. There is everything from fries to petite filet mignon. Sangria is not included. As mentioned, you can frequently get some percentage of discount.

If you have never tried Bistro on 5, it s highly recommended for boarding lunch and any time you want a quiet, served meal. They specialize in yummy crepes, both sweet and savory, and also have soup, salads, and paninis. Flat $5 cover charge although we usually leave an additional tip. They are open from 6 AM to 2 AM.

Qsine is fun and a unique, whimsical, style of dining. The food is good but not great. There is a broad selection of food on the menu from filet of beef to fried comfort foods to several different ethnic styles of cooking. We loved it the first time but less and less the second and the third. We probably would not dine there a fourth time unless it was purely to join cruise friends who wanted to dine there. On the other hand we do know some cruisers who can't get enough of it.

For the best food try Muranos (or equivalent restaurant on M class ships) or Tuscan Grill - pick whichever of the two have menus which appeal to you more.

Edited by Lsimon

Qsine is unique and whimsical. Think about tapas ala Dr. Suess. Think of tapas served in the magical land of Oz. It's all about presentation. The food isn't gourmet but it is totally worth a visit.

Dishes that were excellent were the Qsine Greens (a salad with fried goat cheese crouton- yum!), The Painter's Mignon (filet), Persian Kabob and the Chocolate Tombstone dessert. So definitely order these items.

Honorable mention goes to the Tacos with make your own guacamole.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain