Is Quisine worth it?

Highly Sociable

And like I always seem to say, don't try to find out everything before you go. Get on board and let yourself be surprised by things. Try Qsine and be surprised with the unexpected and don't look for all the UTube videos, etc. We've been three times and likely wouldn't go again unless with a group. The first time we knew just enough to know not to order too much and to ask them to reduce the size of the portions. We wanted to try a lot of things but not the full order of everything. That was such a good decision. Instead of eating an entire spring roll we ate half of one. Instead of getting three big meatballs, we split one. Etc.

q-sine was great, went there twice on this past two-week cruise with a party of 4.

great fun!

food was actually quite good too, a bit hit or miss between dishes maybe more so than in the MDR (which was simply consistently awesome this time) :-).

we actually went for a second night after we couldn't try even half the dishes on the first night. the second time, we got a discount that made the decision a little easier ;-) price/value, as others have noted is not exactly stellar, rather expensive for what you get (considering the great MDR food alternative) but a great experience.

also, service was perfect in our taste, not over the top as in murano but personal, likable and upbeat.

the first time, we went on a previous cruise just the 2 of us and it wasn't nearly as enjoyable. too much food for just 2 persons to try and enjoy the variety.

Not good. I think the buffet is better food. I felt rushed and over fed. The atmosphere seemed to cause dining mates to be overly sophisticated for the food. I will pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I guess we shall just have to try it for ourselves :)

It does sound appealing but maybe more suitable for DH and I together with our daughter and her boyfriend, whilst leaving our teenage son and his friend to go to the buffet or Bistro. If we can get it on a discount night, that would be even better!!

Thanks for the tip about Bistro BTW. I think that maybe a favourite haunt for the kids and we will definitely try it on embarkation day.

I guess we shall just have to try it for ourselves :)

It does sound appealing but maybe more suitable for DH and I together with our daughter and her boyfriend, whilst leaving our teenage son and his friend to go to the buffet or Bistro. If we can get it on a discount night, that would be even better!!

Thanks for the tip about Bistro BTW. I think that maybe a favourite haunt for the kids and we will definitely try it on embarkation day.

We have been several times ( on the Eclipse) and enjoyed every visit. I would think that a teenage boy would enjoy the presentation and the food. It is a fun restaurant not a snobby one!

These questions always make me chuckle--food is SO subjective, of course you are going to get a variety of opinions.

We like Qsine with a group for the fun--it is an experience, and to us way more fun than a OTT dinner in Murano. We did it twice on our last cruise for a 50% discount each time. We had a server who made it fun, too.

If you are looking for haute cuisine, this is not it--but the last few meals I have had in Murano were not good at all, and not fun!!!

We will be traveling with a group of 20 on the Infinity in January. I'm a 1st timer on Celebrity. What makes Qsine a fun experience? What's different about the food presentation?

This will be our first Celebrity cruise. Our cruise line of choice is Cunard and we have found that the MDR has been perfect each evening as the food is of good quality. however on our last Cunard cruise we did Verandah one evening and were blown away by the quality of both the food and the service.

We are on Infinity in July with our adult children and thought that Qisine maybe worth looking at, as we are on board for 11 nights and so will have plenty of opportunity.

Please, what are your thoughts and recommendations?

The answer is yes! I have dined in Q'sine on both the M and S class ships, and I can tell you the food is very good and the experience is fun. Do not expect the MDR or Blu to be like Cunard's dining rooms. The food and service in the MDR is fair. The waiters are rushed and responsible for too many tables. The food is what you would expect at a catering hall function.

When we sail on Celebrity, we try to Dine in each speciality restaurant at least once per cruise. Sometimes, we only dine in speciality restaurants on the S class ships. If you are on an S class ship, also dine in the Lawn Grill. The quailty of the food is the best on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

We will be traveling with a group of 20 on the Infinity in January. I'm a 1st timer on Celebrity. What makes Qsine a fun experience? What's different about the food presentation?

Qsine.

Awaken your inner foodie on a culinary journey.

Qsine® offers a culinary journey that delivers elements of surprise and delight. Our James Beard featured Master Chef created Qsine to give you something you've never experienced before—on land or at sea. Leave any preconceived notions behind. Dig in and try new things. It's time your palate got a wakeup call. Our iPad® menus make your dining experience even more fun and interactive.

image.jpg.deb09b33ff17a6e149dd4f9027a88903.jpg

This will be our first Celebrity cruise. Our cruise line of choice is Cunard and we have found that the MDR has been perfect each evening as the food is of good quality. however on our last Cunard cruise we did Verandah one evening and were blown away by the quality of both the food and the service.

We are on Infinity in July with our adult children and thought that Qisine maybe worth looking at, as we are on board for 11 nights and so will have plenty of opportunity.

We went once and it was fun. Second time only with a discount.

I read this in a posting and it works. Since it was just my husband and I eating there we ordered half-size portions. We were able to try more of the different dishes. Normally, you would fill up way to fast.

Agree! While I hate to waste food-you are not required to finish everything you order LOL! That is why we typically go twice a sailing to Qsine and order different things- But after having eaten at Qsine a few times, we know what we like and dislike-

Also noteworthy is that typically you can dine at the speciality restaurants at a discounted rate during the cruise. Sometimes they advertise first and last nights (perhaps others) at a significant discount- ranging from 20 to 50% off.

I suggest making a second reservation (or possibly even a third if you're not a big eater) to get around to all the dishes, instead of trying to try everything in one night. My wife was too full for dessert, which she found unacceptable. :D

I enjoyed Qsine on Infinity. try to get a table that is at the back of the restruant from the entrance by the elevators as the tables are near a floor to ceiling window similar to the one in the Trellis. This window does not get covered up by a decorative curtain on a formal night like the one in the trellis does. I had Excellent views of the beagle channel when i ate there when i passed through beagle channel.

I enjoyed Qsine on Infinity. try to get a table that is at the back of the restruant from the entrance by the elevators as the tables are near a floor to ceiling window similar to the one in the Trellis. This window does not get covered up by a decorative curtain on a formal night like the one in the trellis does. I had Excellent views of the beagle channel when i ate there when i passed through beagle channel.

Thanks for the tip :)

Qsine IOHO it was the best of all the speciality restaurants. Not that the food was super great, but the service blew both Morano and Tuscan away.

However, we love to try ethnic food from all countries, and it gives you a great choice of ethnic food to try.

In a word 'GO'. It is different, the food is excellent and you will have a great evening. Just remember that it is not traditional dining experience and you will love it. :)

Food was good, experience was really fun. I thought it was totally worth it, and would even do it again, especially if with a bigger group (which made ordering more dishes more fun).