Wonderful Copenhagen

At Nørreport Station, to get from the S-train to the Metro, does one need to exit Nørreport Station to above ground/street level, and find a separate entrance to the Metro? Are these two separate stations located within the same general location, or are both the S-train and Metro located in the same underground structure. Thanks for the details and specifics.

I was visiting Costa NeoRomantica Tuesday. Took the train to Nordhavn and went the Way You described. Just follow the blue Line. It begins 50 meters before the gate. Easy to walk.

Thanks for your reply. Did you see the turnstyle I was referring too? Would we need to go through the turnstyle, or is there an opening to the right where luggage can be brought through? Thanks.

Just used The door to The right. Easy :-) The door is open al time

Best regards Kim

Legend of The Seas November 12th 2013

Sailed Liberty of The Seas September 22nd, 2012

Sailed Serenade of The Seas November 10th 2007

At Nørreport, you just follow The signs for The Metro. Its all " inside" The station

Best regards Kim

Legend of The Seas November 12th 2013

Sailed Liberty of The Seas September 22nd, 2012

Sailed Serenade of The Seas November 10th 2007

Is the Metro operating to the airport? Reason I ask, I see on the airport website under the "Metro" information, something about using buses, and that the Metro's technical system is being upgraded. So I was wondering if the Metro is operating to and from the airport? Thank you.

If its the Freeport Terminal you could buy bottled water and wine at Aldi at Nordhavn Station.

If you need more quality wine then its Irma at Østerport station.

Danish Viking, you are awesome.

I have just come across your pages of help.

We are excited at coming to Copenhagen on Sept 27 2013 and sailing on Oct 1st on Norwegian Star thru' Panama Canal.to Los Angeles.

I am trying to buy a case ( 12 bottles) of wine to take on the ship and have been trying to contact Border Wines in Copenhagen, but they have not answered my emails.

Is this a retail outlet, that I could go to, and pick up a case of wine?

Dear Danish viking, Thank you for the time you take to help so many! We will be in Copenhagen for three lovely days in mid August. We are staying at the Clarion Mayflower and notice it is very near the Central Station. If we do not take a taxi to the airport on our departure, would you give me directions on how to catch a train from this station to the airport and what do we do when we get to the airport to get to the area that we need to catch a Delta flight? I can be dense at times so the more detailed you can be the better for me. Thanks so much.

We are schduled to depart on Sunday, August 18th at 11:30 am on Delta Airlines Flight # 0119. I thought with the train station so near perhaps it might be a interesting way to leave Copenhagen instead of taking a taxi? What time do you feel we should be at the airport for this departure time?

Shannon

Recommended arrival time for U.S. bound flights are 3 hours before departure, don´t ask me why its so long.

It takes 7 minutes to walk to the central station (according to rejseplanen.dk)

From here you can take the Øresund train towards Hässleholm C departing at 08:12 and be at the airport station at 08:24.

The platform numbers can change but normally its from track 5 and 6 (same platform)

We are schduled to depart on Sunday, August 18th at 11:30 am on Delta Airlines Flight # 0119. I thought with the train station so near perhaps it might be a interesting way to leave Copenhagen instead of taking a taxi? What time do you feel we should be at the airport for this departure time?

Shannon

Our trips overlap a little. I'm arriving on the 15th. Please save me a few hot dogs and danish sweets. :)

Danish Viking thank you so much for your reply to my request for information on taking the train to airport for our departure on 8/18. I asked you to give me lots of detail as I could be somewhat slow on the uptake ( tried using the website you mentioned(rejseplanen.dk just to see if I could get the same info and of course I failed) so here I am again. When I get to the station how much is the ticket, can I pay with a credit card, will I be able to tell what to do when I only speak and read English? I appreciate your help,

Danish Viking thank you so much for your reply to my request for information on taking the train to airport for our departure on 8/18. I asked you to give me lots of detail as I could be somewhat slow on the uptake ( tried using the website you mentioned(rejseplanen.dk just to see if I could get the same info and of course I failed) so here I am again. When I get to the station how much is the ticket, can I pay with a credit card, will I be able to tell what to do when I only speak and read English? I appreciate your help,

There is an English link on the website

Once you put in mayfair hotel to airport then the date & time it brings up the route

Click on see more it will bring up a map showing how to walk from the hotel to the train station

It looks like the fare is 20 DKK pp

I am sure there are ticket booths where people will assist you for the purchase ..

Might be a good idea to walk over there the night before & look around

We will be visiting Copenhagen in August on the Celebrity Eclipse. Can I just say a huge thank you for the time and trouble you take to pass on information to visitors to your city. You are truly remarkable.

I had some very good info from Visit Copenhagen, who also sent me a bus and public transport map. This combined with your exceptional info has enabled us to plan exactly the type of day we want in Copenhagen. Many Many Thanks

We will be visiting Copenhagen in August on the Celebrity Eclipse. Can I just say a huge thank you for the time and trouble you take to pass on information to visitors to your city. You are truly remarkable.

I would like to also add my appreciation and thanks to those of BourneWandering to the Denmark and Copenhagen experts who have selflessly and repeatedly provided great info and advice.

Many, many thanks!

Here is the walking route from the hotel to København H (central station)

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=clarion+hotel+mayfair+k%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.672203,12.562196&spn=0.001842,0.004823&sll=55.67214,12.562416&sspn=0.001842,0.004823&geocode=FZl_UQMdk6q_ACHVCkPJIsF3AimFY8e4DFNSRjHVCkPJIsF3Ag%3BFZh-UQMdgbW_ACG8Pbjhu201oCnh_NMBDVNSRjG8Pbjhu201oA&oq=k%C3%B8benhavns+&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=18

The price is 36 DKK per person for a 3 zone ticket.

You can buy the ticket at the ticket machines or at the DSB ticket sales.

Here is a map of the central station look for ticket sales.

You will use the entrance at the bottom of the map.

http://www.hovedbanen.dk/index.php?id=24

You can find rejseplanen in english on the upper side of the page.

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

Thank you all for your support :D

Just keep the questions coming

Dear Danish Viking,

I have a question for the expert on tourism in Copenhagen. After reading on “Trip Advisor” very bad reviews of both bus companies, “Hop On” and “Step On”, if you were a tourist in Copenhagen which bus company would you use?

Since we will be in Copenhagen for only the one day I think it matters what bus we take. Waiting for your answer,

I remain.

…………………voltdoc

Okay in fact we arrive on the 14th and leave on the 18th so we may be at the same hot dog stand at the same time! Can't promise I will leave any ice cream though.

Oh we will overlap! If you don't mind me asking what sights are yall planning to see while yall are over there? I think I have my days planned but I don't want to miss anything that might be awesome.

Danish Viking I have just found this thread and am amazed at the time and effort you put into helping all of us visitors to you city. It is truly appreciated. Before finding your thread I had booked my hotel the Hotel du Nord as I thought it would be good to be close to Tivoli. Also I will be in Copenhagen in June 2014 and it seems a lot of the hotels I have tried to book are already full. My question - do you know the Hotel du Nord and would you recommend it or the area in which it is located. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered as I am just working my way through all 55 pages. I am able to cancel my booking and would like to do that soon if I have not chosen wisely. Thanks for your help. Anne