Climbing from Emerald to Diamond

Hi!

We are taking a 8 night Asia cruise in September in a Grand Suite, so i'll collect double points. This means i will climb up to Diamond level during the cruise.

Will i be "treatened" as a E member during the whole cruise, or will they recognice me becoming a D onboard?

Thanks in advance :)

Points are posted to your account about a week to 10 days after the completion

of your cruise. Will just give you that much to look forward to on your next cruise! :)

My sister is turning Diamond on our upcoming Radiance cruise, and is also in a GS.

We will simply meet with her in the CL, and then she gets to join us in the DL

on our following cruise together in February.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Edited by island lady

There won't be any huge advantage in being recognized as Diamond since you are in a grand suite. You will just have to use the concierge lounge instead of being able the diamond lounge.

Having had access to concierge lounge and diamond lounge on prior cruises, without a doubt my vote would be for concierge lounge.

A question about this gets asked at least once a week on here! :D

This is the OP's second post! Be gentle! Be kind!

There won't be any huge advantage in being recognized as Diamond since you are in a grand suite. You will just have to use the concierge lounge instead of being able the diamond lounge.

This is very true.

You will be treated better as a passenger in a Grand Suite than anything you get as a Diamond member of Crown & Anchor.

NEXT cruise, you will be Diamond.

Turvallista Matkaa!

Points are posted to your account about a week to 10 days after the completion of your cruise....
I agree that is the normal time for points to be posted, but if you have earned sufficient points and are doing a B2B or S2S the Loyalty Ambassador upon request can and does override the system and makes you Diamond (or whatever) on the immediate following cruise. I'll not be surprised if someone says it has not worked for them, but everything I have heard has people promoted on the following cruise. There are occasional reports of people getting benefits mid-cruise, but the rules say otherwise, and mid-cruise promotion seems to be rare.

Thom

Hi!

We are taking a 8 night Asia cruise in September in a Grand Suite, so i'll collect double points. This means i will climb up to Diamond level during the cruise.

Will i be "treatened" as a E member during the whole cruise, or will they recognice me becoming a D onboard?

Thanks in advance :)

You don't get any privileges or recognition for the new level, until your next cruise.

I agree that is the normal time for points to be posted, but if you have earned sufficient points and are doing a B2B or S2S the Loyalty Ambassador upon request can and does override the system and makes you Diamond (or whatever) on the immediate following cruise. I'll not be surprised if someone says it has not worked for them, but everything I have heard has people promoted on the following cruise. There are occasional reports of people getting benefits mid-cruise, but the rules say otherwise, and mid-cruise promotion seems to be rare.

Thom

That may be true, but I don't think the OP said anything about doing a B2B, and was looking for

advice on the THEIR situation.

Edited by island lady

Having had access to concierge lounge and diamond lounge on prior cruises, without a doubt my vote would be for concierge lounge.

Why is that? Ive not been in the Diamond lounge. I am only emerald! Are they not similar to each other?

Why is that? Ive not been in the Diamond lounge. I am only emerald! Are they not similar to each other?

Perks are very similar, but venues differ greatly. I like the DL on Voyager/Freedom class better than the CL on those ships. However, I prefer the CL on Radiance class to the DL on those ships.

That may be true, but I don't think the OP said anything about doing a B2B, and was looking for advice on the THEIR situation.
True, but people other than just the OP read threads for information and more complete info may help those people. BTW the OP also didn't ask about the CL and DL, but again that info which might help has been provided.