Which of the new locations are you most excited about?

MrJoeBlack

I understand some budgets can't handle the airfare to Australia.

I used miles for my ticket when we flew to Australia and my DW's ticket was about $2200 to fly from JAX to Perth Australia.

We normally spend about $1250 pp to fly to Europe pp. We flew to Singapore and back from Dubai for a cruise for $1750 pp, which is about a thousand dollars more for two than flying to Europe.

If just getting away to a warm place is what you want, perhaps the Caribbean is great, but going to Australia, China, Japan, Singapore, India, etc. is wonderful. Sure, flying to Australia will cost you about a thousand more pp than flying to Europe, which is about what we spend on a hotel and meals in Europe for five days.

It's not just the cost... its also the thought of spending essentially a full day or more travelling to reach a destination on a coach seat in two or three aircraft that does not excite me at all. If fact, it is probably the single most problematic reason I haven't been to Australia or New Zealand yet. It's not something I look forward to doing. Just flying out to San Diego and back from the east coast can be a pain!

I'd love to go back to Australia but only if we can go all the way via ship. I will never fly from Miami to Sydney again.....16 hours. I was praying for death. Once we got there, the cruise (on RCL) was awesome. If I have to fly to get to the NCL ship, sorry, not going to do that again!

That's the main turn-off for me as well...

It's not so much the long flight GOING that's a turn-off, since at that point you've got the "yay, I'm going on vacation to a great place" buzz happening. But, man, that return trip is a total buzz-kill. Vacation? What vacation?

I understand some budgets can't handle the airfare to Australia.

I used miles for my ticket when we flew to Australia and my DW's ticket was about $2200 to fly from JAX to Perth Australia.

We normally spend about $1250 pp to fly to Europe pp. We flew to Singapore and back from Dubai for a cruise for $1750 pp, which is about a thousand dollars more for two than flying to Europe.

If just getting away to a warm place is what you want, perhaps the Caribbean is great, but going to Australia, China, Japan, Singapore, India, etc. is wonderful. Sure, flying to Australia will cost you about a thousand more pp than flying to Europe, which is about what we spend on a hotel and meals in Europe for five days.

Every now and then you can get lucky and score some great airfare. We flew from Miami to Auckland for $1299pp two years ago.

I was waiting for asia but they didnt announce short cruises 7 days there..all cruises are long catering most to retired people who have all this time..so i just booked mariner of the seas 7 day itinerary from singapore

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a gut feeling, most people do not agree with you: maybe air from Europe is less expensive but from America to get to Asia is very expensive and extremely time consuming, we want longer cruises or we will just stick with what we can get in the western hemosphere. BTW, most cruises in places like Asia are attractive to retired people, you are right. There is a market for all types of cruises, and the Asia market is designed more with the older crowd in mind.

Every now and then you can get lucky and score some great airfare. We flew from Miami to Auckland for $1299pp two years ago.

this might be true, but how often and how many of us can book a cruise out of Asia with the hope maybe we can get good airfare.It isn't like they do these itineraries every few days.

For those who are not excited I wonder what you really expected? I would love to have have some new Caribbean ports because we have reached a stage, both financually and health wise where we could not take the long flights, but I think the itineraries are really interesting. Now I am hoping one of these days we will see Cuba on the list. I have misgivings, just because I hate the way the country is run, but I have heard it is beautiful. As for Caribbean ports,remember they can be changed at the drop of a hat without affecting anyone. They do not have to make a huge announcement about new ports.

I think our next cruise after the new itineraries are in place will be the new Panama Canal one.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I'm excited to see Epic coming to Port Canaveral and offering 3 and 4 night cruises. It will be really nice to have one of the newer ships doing short itineraries only a 40 minute drive from my house! Can't wait to take advantage of those last minute deals.

I'd have to see the itinerary, but I'd like to take a closer look at the round trip South American itinerary. I wouldn't want to do it over the December/January holidays, and it'll probably be too many days, not to mention too expensive. Still, I'd like a closer look. The only other South American roundtrip I'm aware of is offered by Celebrity, and I don't have much interest in that line.

I'm not very interested in Australia or Asia, unless I can be sure its colder weather. I don't do hot if I can help it.

Edited by buckirj1

It's not something I look forward to doing. Just flying out to San Diego and back from the east coast can be a pain!

You're right. I feel the same way. However, I think I'm a bit spoiled now. In my more youthful days, several times I traveled from North Carolina to Los Angeles on Trailways buses, three days and three nights each time to make the trip. And now, I think of a four hour flight in coach as torture.

They need to offer some southern caribbean ports. Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, etc. If I were going to Australia or Asia, it certainly wouldn't be to take a cruise!

We are going to Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao as well as San Juan, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel on the Dawn 14 day repo from Boston to New Orleans. After doing several caribbean cruises we were very happy to find one that has 5 new ports for us.

Dates for this cruise next year are October 28 to November 11, 2016. This fall is sold out but some staterooms may appear after final payment date coming up soon.

With NCLs announcement as of August 3rd (was leaked before the August 4th deadline) which of the new geographic locations are you most excited about and most likely to book first?

We're very excited about South America (not quite new I realize), but we are sorry they're changing the home port from Buenos Aires to Rio. We wanted to spend a week in BA before an SA cruise.

We're hoping that we don't lose some of the interesting far north Europe cruises (north cape, or around the British Isles).

My DH is very excited about Asia and Australia; I don't look forward to those flights, but just love new itineraries anywhere.

Very excited about South East Asia, some of the ports are our favourite places to visit. Will be great to be able to cruise NCL without also having to pay for flights to the US and have so much travelling time to get there. We are just about to spend 5 weeks in USA/Canada and I won't have much holiday leave left with work so a shorter trip will be ideal.

I was hoping for more cruises out of San Juan. I'd love to see more S. Caribbean cruises. I'm a teacher and the S. Caribbean cruises don't ever seem to line up with our school breaks. - I know, that's just my problem :)

We've done the W. Caribbean several times (I never need to go to Cozumel again) - some new ports in the Caribbean would be nice.

Edited by Tricialy

[quote name='MrJoeBlack']With NCLs announcement as of August 3rd (was leaked before the August 4th deadline) which of the new geographic locations are you most excited about and most likely to book first?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean new locations to go to our new home ports? I'm excited to leave on the Epic out of the port of Orlando

[quote name='Tricialy']I was hoping for more cruises out of San Juan. I'd love to see more S. Caribbean cruises. I'm a teacher and the S. Caribbean cruises don't ever seem to line up with our school breaks. - I know, that's just my problem :)

We've done the W. Caribbean several times (I never need to go to Cozumel again) - some new ports in the Caribbean would be nice.[/QUOTE]

We will be leaving out of San Juan next November on the Gem. Lots of southern ports to explore [emoji7].