Azamara - temperature in public rooms on Journey

Grandma Cruising

We have just booked a cruise on the Azamara Journey on 26 October from Athens to Dubai. We have cruised several times before with Holland America and have found their public rooms a bit cold, especially the main dining room. Is this the case with the Journey - will we need to take cardigans/jumpers for dinner?

Any other hints or tips that would be useful for us?

I think it is all relative and how used you are to air conditioning

I have not had an issue with the dining room being too cool, but I have had that experience on Celebrity so maybe Azamara have it better

I would still take a wrap it would also be useful doing the day for temple visiting etc

Found recent Quest cruises on the warm side. Granted we experienced warmer than usual outdoor temps, but some of the public areas needed to be cooler IMO.

I understand some of the more senior clientele were complaining of being too chilly. Had they walked into our cabin, they would've thought they were in the galley meat locker.:p

I would rather it be a bit colder than warmer, much less offensive to add layers than to remove the few remaining.;)

Edited by LOP

I would rather it be a bit colder than warmer, much less offensive to add layers than to remove the few remaining.;)

I agree completely. There is nothing worse than suffering in a hot, stuffy environment. It's easy to add layers to warm up; however, there's only so much one can remove in public! ;):D

The weather on this route can be pretty warm. I did Mumbai to Athens on Journey in May and it was never chilly in the public rooms. In fact on a few occasions it was very warm. I think it is the first cruise where the aircon couldn't be turned down in my cabin enough. It will probably be a little cooler outside in October/November, but still pretty hot down the Red Sea and round to Dubai and this will have a bearing on the ship temperature.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I agree completely. There is nothing worse than suffering in a hot, stuffy environment. It's easy to add layers to warm up; however, there's only so much one can remove in public! ;):D

+1 and THANK you to both. :)

This is one of the many aspects we like about cruise ships, and one of the reasons we prefer cruising over the all-inclusive resorts. To us, there's nothing 5-star about sweating in a muggy (but otherwise lovely) lobby, swatting mosquitoes in between dabs of the forehead. Occasionally on a ship we'll feel a bit warm, but usually the temps are ideal for me and fine for DW so long as she's got a light layer. Here's to keeping it that way. :D

• 2 years later...

We have found the temperatures on both Journey and Quest to be much better than on HAL. We did a few HAL cruises before we discovered Azamara and always found the dining room very chilly - had to take a wrap or cardigan in to dinner. On Azamara we find it very comfortable, no wrap needed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was on HAL's Zuiderdam in July when the Med was experiencing an extreme heat wave. I was cold in the public rooms and the Neptune Lounge was freezing and I always prefer the temperature on the cooler side.

Never had that problem on Quest or Journey.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, Lurker here as trying to decide between; AZ, Crystal and Oceania.

Recently off HAL hot weather Caribbean cruise and inside ship everyone was complaining of how cold entire ship was, however outside temp was in 80's.

I had to wear a coat I brought (got offers to sell it), we were told by Ships Officers they have to keep the interior of ship cool/cold to keep the bugs from coming in and hanging out inside the ship.

For what it's worth, Sandipalms

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...