Daily programme on smartphone

Elephant1151

Last October whilst on Emerald Princess we found the Princess@Sea useful in showing the daily programme on our phones.

I asked whilst on QM2 a few weeks ago why Cunard could not use a similar app. After all they are both part of Carnival. I was met with a blank look.

Got over the problem by photographing the programme on my phone.

Last October whilst on Emerald Princess we found the Princess@Sea useful in showing the daily programme on our phones.

I asked whilst on QM2 a few weeks ago why Cunard could not use a similar app. After all they are both part of Carnival. I was met with a blank look.

Got over the problem by photographing the programme on my phone.

Could not agree more.

It is weird that the money makers wanting to save money can not come up with saving paper and print.

Thought the same for years, only needs to go on their computer system. Often put similar on end of Cruise questionnaire.

Could not agree more.

It is weird that the money makers wanting to save money can not come up with saving paper and print.

Thought the same for years, only needs to go on their computer system. Often put similar on end of Cruise questionnaire.

Ditto. In this age passengers should be able to pull up their accounts, daily program, sailing itinerary, newsletter, menus, etc on their cabin television and personal devices. If this were so possibly fewer people would be needed at the pursers office as well as reduced printing costs.

It doesn't save any paper unless they stop handing out hard copies.

Indeed. It's actually costly building an app. And while I really like technology, on cruises I like the paper version. Just something to read after a nice dinner rather than looking at my phone.

I have no problem with a Daily Programme app being available for those who want it.

However there are those who, like me, treat the time on board as a holiday from the 'phone.

Not having to carry it everywhere on board. Leaving it switched off, in the safe. Not having to worry where I've left it.

Using it when needed (and then often simply as a camera).

One of my pleasures/routines is to sit down and read the DP over breakfast, marking things I mustn't miss that day with a highlighter pen. Then fold it and put it in a back pocket for easy reference during the day. I can even sit on it (it merely creases, not cracks!).

If I lose it, it is quick and free to get a replacement, unlike my 'phone ;) .

So I hope that printed copies remain available for many years to come, in addition to any proposed app.

Quite right, couldn't agree more Pepperrn, the next thing we'll have suggestions in favour of 'Cunard' restaurant waiters and Bar staff talking our orders on a tablet :eek: table side.

What goes on Princess, HAL or Royal Caribbean does not need to go on Cunard.

Quite right, couldn't agree more Pepperrn, the next thing we'll have suggestions in favour of 'Cunard' restaurant waiters and Bar staff talking our orders on a tablet :eek: table side.

What goes on Princess, HAL or Royal Caribbean does not need to go on Cunard.

Cunard wine waiters in the Restaurant already do use the ipad thingy sometimes to order your drinks and bill your account after swiping it with your key card.

I have no problem with a Daily Programme app being available for those who want it.

However there are those who, like me, treat the time on board as a holiday from the 'phone.

Not having to carry it everywhere on board. Leaving it switched off, in the safe. Not having to worry where I've left it.

Using it when needed (and then often simply as a camera).

One of my pleasures/routines is to sit down and read the DP over breakfast, marking things I mustn't miss that day with a highlighter pen. Then fold it and put it in a back pocket for easy reference during the day. I can even sit on it (it merely creases, not cracks!).

If I lose it, it is quick and free to get a replacement, unlike my 'phone ;) .

So I hope that printed copies remain available for many years to come, in addition to any proposed app.

There seems to be an assumption that everyone has a smartphone. Although I have embraced modern technology - up to a point - I refuse to waste my money on a smartphone and the stiff monthly fees required to use them. Most of the people I know have a "stupid phone" (as I do) if any mobile at all. I do have a tablet, but for various reasons it is a nuisance to take it overseas so I use it only in Canada.

Perhaps Cunard could make it optional for passengers to receive information on their phones or the traditional paper version.

I'll aways opt for the traditional paper version, and besides, I bring them back for my neighbours who look after my home while I'm away. They enjoy looking through them to see what they've been missing and what I've been up too .......along with the Pol Acker & slippers. ;)