Icy Strait Whale Adventures

emory2001

I saw good reviews for them on Tripadvisor, then came onto Cruise Critic and see most people here recommend Glacier Wind or F.I.S.H.E.S. Does anyone have experience with Icy Strait Whale Adventures?

Hello, I discovered FISHES also among my search for independent tours in icy strait. They sure do have all amazing reviews and definitely have me sold, rather then doing the regular whale watch tours from the cruise, they're so much more expensive, crowded and noises. I emailed them and the lady said she can't just book one person, because I am a solo traveller. So I am just waiting for other people to book :)

Wasn't only me who thought the tour stunk, also the other folks on board, they to thought the same thing. It just wasn't that great!!!:(

Well you know everyone is entitled to their opinion. But on tripadvisor.com, everyone is giving them super amazing reviews. So I think it just comes down to how much of a nature/wildlife lover the person is, and how much they appreciate the beauty around them. After all, you're not there everyday lol

Wasn't only me who thought the tour stunk, also the other folks on board, they to thought the same thing. It just wasn't that great!!!:(

I think people are looking for you to elaborate. What specifically was wrong with the tour?

It's not the captains fault if there were no whales to be found or the weather was crappy, but there are things under his/her control that can make a trip unpleasant. ie was the boat dirty, toilets dirty, capt under the influence (as happened 2 yrs ago with another vendor), poor narration during the trip. What was so bad?

I think people are looking for you to elaborate. What specifically was wrong with the tour?

It's not the captains fault if there were no whales to be found or the weather was crappy, but there are things under his/her control that can make a trip unpleasant. ie was the boat dirty, toilets dirty, capt under the influence (as happened 2 yrs ago with another vendor), poor narration during the trip. What was so bad?

Well put mapleleaves. Seriously look at all the reviews on tripadvisor. All stellar reviews!

We did take Icy Strait Whale Adventures with Captain Duane in the summer of 2016 and had a spectacular time. No complaints. Boat appeared very new, 14 people, not over crowded, seats for all, huge windows that opened, and lots of whales !!!

I would expect all whale watching tours get mixed reviews due to weather, number of whales, etc.