Entrance fees to blue hole?

derumedice

The Blue Hole is quite the bargain at $10.00 (US) per person admission. Not sure about kids. My group had a 14 year old, and he was charged the full $10.00.

The guides are fantastic. I gave him a hefty 50% tip because my wife needs knee surgery and he worked very hard to make sure she was comfortable and safe. Give the guide what you think is fair. But keep in mind they work solely for the tips.

• 3 weeks later...

We were there last year and tipped our guide $40 for a 4 person group, which I think was about 2x the norm. But he was fabulous, went above and beyond, took pictured of us like crazy, was patient, fun and entertaining an helpful. He deserved every penny.

We were there last year and tipped our guide $40 for a 4 person group, which I think was about 2x the norm. But he was fabulous, went above and beyond, took pictured of us like crazy, was patient, fun and entertaining an helpful. He deserved every penny.

Agree. I tipped my guide Omar $20 and it was just me.

He shot video of me with my GoPro, helped me out through the rocky parts, curbed my fears about jumping into shallow areas or rock, and was generally an awesome dude. I have some video of him jumping from high up in a tree that I will eventually get posted. :)

We just did this in February on a land based vacation. It was awesome!

The Blue Hole is about a 30 minute drive from the Ocho Rios pier. A private driver is probably the best way to get there for cruise passengers.

The guides are ready and waiting once you get to the parking area. The guides are fantastic. They will take great care of you and take many pictures too.

I think we spent about an hour there. There is no rush and you can stay as long as you want.

I would think you could combine it with Dunn's River Falls. An even better idea would be to combine it with the tubing on the White River. It is actually the same river as the Blue Hole and only 10 minutes away. So much fun!

We did both and everyone said it was our best day of the whole trip.

Blue Hole is 20-30 minutes from Ocho Rios -- longer from Falmouth. We spent maybe 1.5 hours there, but a lot depends on how much you do.

I would not suggest getting a taxi at port. You need to make arrangements with a private tour company in order to get to Blue Hole. You can do both Blue Hold and Dunn's River on the same day.

We used Travel Jamaica Tours and were more than pleased with our tour. We had a private driver for the day for the three of us. There was no pressure for us to join another group, so we got exactly what we wanted on this tour. Cost for Blue Hole is $10/person. The cost for our private driver was $29/person from Ocho Rios. http://www.traveljamaicatours.com/

I didn't see any taxi cabs at the Blue Hole. I doubt you could get one to pick you up there either so you would need to hire a taxi for the day or hire a tour guide. (better option)

My recommendation would be Javia Shaw. Here is their tour that does Blue Hole, Dunns, and Jerk for lunch.

http://www.knowjamaica.com/en/BlueHole

I made a video of the drive up to the Blue Hole after you leave the paved road and that will explain why I feel there are no cab pickups here. I will try to get the video edited and posted soon.

The drive from Falmouth is about an hour to Blue Hole one way. The roads right around Blue Hole are poorly maintained and there are shuttles going both direction in very tight spaces. I don't think a taxi would go there, and if you could find one that would take you, you might have trouble getting one back.

I used Courtney Taylor Tours for a combo of Blue Hole and kayaking on Rio Bueno (a faster river than the White). $10pp admission at Blue Hole. This was on 4/1/15.

An even better idea would be to combine it with the tubing on the White River. It is actually the same river as the Blue Hole and only 10 minutes away. So much fun!

We did both and everyone said it was our best day of the whole trip.

That is exactly what we did last week - a PERFECT DAY:) We've done Dunns River falls a couple times in years past, but the river at Blue Hole is so much nicer. It would be my first recommendation to anyone visiting the Ocho Rios area. We topped off the day with a great lunch and cold Red Stripe's at Mama Marley's.:D

That is exactly what we did last week - a PERFECT DAY:) We've done Dunns River falls a couple times in years past, but the river at Blue Hole is so much nicer. It would be my first recommendation to anyone visiting the Ocho Rios area. We topped off the day with a great lunch and cold Red Stripe's at Mama Marley's.:D

Just curious, how much was it per person with Blue Hole and Tubing? Would love to do both

I didn't see any taxi cabs at the Blue Hole. I doubt you could get one to pick you up there either so you would need to hire a taxi for the day or hire a tour guide. (better option)

My recommendation would be Javia Shaw. Here is their tour that does Blue Hole, Dunns, and Jerk for lunch.

http://www.knowjamaica.com/en/BlueHole

I made a video of the drive up to the Blue Hole after you leave the paved road and that will explain why I feel there are no cab pickups here. I will try to get the video edited and posted soon.

Is this tour very doable from Fallmouth? We are in Fallmouth from 9-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this tour very doable from Fallmouth? We are in Fallmouth from 9-5.

Short answer: Yes.

That tour is from Ocho Rios but they do custom tours from Falmouth. I went to Dunns River Falls, Blue Hole, Scotchies, and more from Falmouth with Javia Shaw.

Short answer: Yes.

That tour is from Ocho Rios but they do custom tours from Falmouth. I went to Dunns River Falls, Blue Hole, Scotchies, and more from Falmouth with Javia Shaw.

Thanks, Night One. I think you're helping me plan my entire trip! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

How is the best way to get there?

Just take a taxi once off the ship, and guides are just there upon arrival?

How long is this excursion?

Can you do this and Dunn Falls too?

I finally got my video edited and posted. It shows the trip up to the Blue Hole once you leave the paved road. This is why I say it may not be easy to get a taxi to pick you up there.

Full Ride

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

3x Speed (For the impatient)

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct links: