Celebrity Equinox or NCL Pearl

arubadan

New user here, so if I have entered this thread in the wrong forum please excuse me. Wife and I have never been on a cruise. We are in our early 60s. Based on when we want to travel and where we want to go I am down to two cruises, both 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruises on Celebrity Equinox or NCL Pearl. Price is about the same, so now issue there. I am just looking for people whom may have been on both ships. Also any advice would be appreciated. TIA.

My daughter and I did the Eastern Carribean on Equinox last year .Apart from being very happy with everything on board we met some fantastic people .The ports were all good places to visit and it was easy to negotiate your own excursions .

We are doing the Western side next April and looking forward to it very much.

I hope this helps you to decide .

I do hope you join the forum for whichever cruise you choose because that leads to very helpful info on all kinds of things and you are able to ask others for advice .

Good luck! Ann

Depends what you enjoy. For the same money, I prefer Equinox.

But if Freestyle is your taste, NCL Pearl may be suitable.

I would be on Equinox given your choice If the ports are equal.

Compare the time in each port also. Celebrity often stay longer.

Edited by helpthejuggler

Without a doubt, Equinox. I've been on three NCL cruises and said never again, even if it were free.

As for Freestyle, every cruise line has some sort of the same thing, even Celebrity---it's called Select Dining. So, NCL's Freestyle isn't anything that's special to them anymore.

Food and service is much better on Equinox. They also have the most restrictive smoking policy---no indoor smoking at all. NCL does have better evening entertainment, but that's the only place where they're ahead of Celebrity. And on a 10 day Celebrity cruise, very few, if any, kids running amok.

As you are an older couple, equinox would be more your speed. I do feel NCL caters to a younger demographics. If you're into partying the night away, I believe NCL is for you, but if you want a more mature offering with lectures and enrichment, Celebrity would be more your speed, plus the food on Celebrity is a notch or two better than NCL. I think NCL is more of a party cruise than Carnival.

Actually, I should say the non fee venues are better on Celebrity, but NCL offers more choices in the for fee venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Rogueperson

Celebrity offers better accommodations, service and food. NCL might, on an odd itinerary, have better entertainment - but Celebrity's is usually pretty good.

Celebrity is simply a better product all around. The only distinction of NCL - is their Freestyle concept - which isn't that special since open dining is also offered on Celebrity.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on the Equinox yet, but I have that cruise booked for January 2015. I think the 123 go promotion is really a good perk that they are offering now. You get to pick either the classic alcohol drink package, gratuities or OBC free. The drink package for free is an incredible value ($49 per person per day) and really contributed to our enjoyment of our recent cruise on the Summit. We really enjoyed Celebrity and are looking forward to our cruise on the Beautiful Celebrity Equinox. I did find this picture review by FRMPEI on the Celebrity cruise board to be helpful in making my decision. You might want to take a look! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017737

Sent from my iPad using Forums

New user here, so if I have entered this thread in the wrong forum please excuse me. Wife and I have never been on a cruise. We are in our early 60s. Based on when we want to travel and where we want to go I am down to two cruises, both 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruises on Celebrity Equinox or NCL Pearl. Price is about the same, so now issue there. I am just looking for people whom may have been on both ships. Also any advice would be appreciated. TIA.

First welcome to CC. By far the Celebrity will be your best option.

The Pearl was my first ship and holds a spot in my heart as she gave me my love of cruising. That being said, I'm sailing Celebrity for the first time in 17 days ( yes I'm counting!) One difference not mentioned is the dress code is far more relaxed on NCL as are formal nights. If indeed they cost the same I would go Celebrity. Every time I've had a choice NCL has always been cheaper, for instance a $600 difference between inside and OV on Celebrity vs $200 NCL for Alaska

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app