Connection Help Please

Ashland

Returning from a southern caribbean cruise out of San Juan (RCI JOS Sept 13, 2014- Sept 20, 2014) and flight home is SJU-LAX..which Jet Blue connection (and departure time) would you take as they are both priced the same ?

SJU-JFK....11:05am with a 1 hr. 42 min connection.

SJU-BOS.... 12:55pm with a 2 hr. connection.

First time flight out of SJU, Jet Blue and either of these connecting cities...Thanks so much for any help.

Edited by Ashland

Just a personal preference, but I would route through BOS. You have both a longer connect at BOS, plus you have more cushion if you are delayed in any way in leaving the ship in SJU. I'd rather take the leisurely approach than be worried about making flights. Of course, your priorities may be different.

Just a personal preference, but I would route through BOS. You have both a longer connect at BOS, plus you have more cushion if you are delayed in any way in leaving the ship in SJU. I'd rather take the leisurely approach than be worried about making flights. Of course, your priorities may be different.

Thank you so much..I was hoping for your input.

I actually have no priorities with this flight home.

Above advice about not rushing is sound, but not necessarily definitive.

RC recommends earliest flights from SJU at 11:00 so you are (just) within safe window.

1:42 is more than enough time to connect between two domestic flights at the new JetBlue JFK terminal.

While when given the choice I usually take advantage of the opportunity for a leisurely breakfast onboard and disembarking with one of the last groups, if I had to travel as far as you do I would want to get started as early as I could. So unless traveling with children, someone who needs assistance walking through airports or a ton of luggage, getting home more than three hours earlier merits a lot of consideration.